Better Call Saul

SeanF

There were a lot of fun call backs from earlier seasons, but over all this weeks episode was kind of boring. Also where is Lalo? The show feels slightly more boring without him.

I enjoyed it.  Episodes where not a lot happens are a decent counterpoint to one’s that are filled with action.

I loved the encounter between Mike and Kim. It’s the point where Kim realises she’s on the other side of the law, now.

I thought it was a good episode, and IIRC directed by Kim Wexler herself. 

Shows the contrast between Saul and Kim that she spots her tail, although the hooker really spotted it, and Saul has no clue he is also being followed.

That damn scene with the house by Fring's screwed me up. Couldn't make heads or tails of it until the tunnel, then it was like ok, this makes sense. King of precaution and paranoia. Has a double stay in his house while he safely lives next door. Seems a little over the top but ok.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

That damn scene with the house by Fring's screwed me up. Couldn't make heads or tails of it until the tunnel, then it was like ok, this makes sense. King of precaution and paranoia. Has a double stay in his house while he safely lives next door. Seems a little over the top but ok.

Yeah I thought that was a bit unnecessary - both for the show and Fring.

I think I've figured out Lalo's diabolical plan for revenge. He's secretly moved into Gus's neighborhood and is painting his house bright red to try to drive down the property values.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think I've figured out Lalo's diabolical plan for revenge. He's secretly moved into Gus's neighborhood and is painting his house bright red to try to drive down the property values.

As OCD as Gus is, move next door and cut your grass in different depths, random patterns, leave garbage out etc. Gus would shoot you or himself

Spoiler

Howard's PI is doomed. No way he doesn't meet Lalo at some point. His fate was probably pitched as Howard's but they can't go that dark I don't think. I'd like to think we get a scene of Howard reacting to Jimmy's downfall. 

As someone who's always like "wait, but how did...." I appreciate the scene of Mike being smuggled into Gus's houses. I also understand why everyone hates people like me because it does not make for riveting tv.

I'd still love to know what that neighbor couple's deal is. they could hint at a kid with medical bills, or his Pinochet connections somehow.

Lalo's plan continues to make little sense to me. The end of last season gave the distinct impression he had Nacho on his mind when he limped away determined. Otherwise you'd think he'd be back to visit Jimmy. Instead he went out on a huge limb for "proof" that Gus was lying about construction. I will reserve judgment but It feels like a bit of a fake out / covid or Hawkeye work around. Still it was great to have him back. Franchesca also.

I think Lalo figures Gus is behind the hit, and out to get him. Nacho couldn't have pulled that off by himself, and Jimmy was clearly afraid, so he's not the mastermind, either. Lalo is going for Gus.

I'm wondering why Kim doesn't tell Jimmy that Lalo is alive. So he doesn't get upset? Well, he's sure gonna get upset when Lalo comes around again, and this way he's not watching his back.

Lalo's fate is a significant gap in the Breaking Bad storyline if he dies during that timeline. So I'm thinking he must die before the BCS timeline meets the BB timeline.

When Walt and Jesse take Jimmy to the desert, Jimmy seems to think Lalo is still alive (maybe Lalo was dead at that point and Jimmy just never finds out his fate).

But after that, Gus tells Hector all the other Salamancas are dead, and they both seem sure. Gus never seems worried about Lalo throughout the BB timeline.

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think Lalo figures Gus is behind the hit, and out to get him. Nacho couldn't have pulled that off by himself, and Jimmy was clearly afraid, so he's not the mastermind, either. Lalo is going for Gus.

I'm wondering why Kim doesn't tell Jimmy that Lalo is alive. So he doesn't get upset? Well, he's sure gonna get upset when Lalo comes around again, and this way he's not watching his back.

Lalo's fate is a significant gap in the Breaking Bad storyline if he dies during that timeline. So I'm thinking he must die before the BCS timeline meets the BB timeline.

When Walt and Jesse take Jimmy to the desert, Jimmy seems to think Lalo is still alive (maybe Lalo was dead at that point and Jimmy just never finds out his fate).

But after that, Gus tells Hector all the other Salamancas are dead, and they both seem sure. Gus never seems worried about Lalo throughout the BB timeline.

I'm certain Lalo thinks Gus was behind the hit, and he's looking for evidence that he can put before the cartel.  In this case, it's evidence of Gus' secret meth lab.

I really enjoy this show but boy do they sometimes drag out scenes to the point of frustration. 

The whole Lalo home invasion thing felt like it was going on forever, even though I went back and checked and it was only 5 minutes. 

It’s something that used to bother me a lot more about the show in previous seasons but I haven’t noticed it too much recently. This episode felt very much like it was almost entirely empty apart from the boxing match.

Archived