Better Call Saul

SeanF

I have no trouble believing that Jimmy would still be terrified of Lalo years later. He's already come back from the dead once...

Really good episode. I'm surprised they took out Lalo this early, but I'm also glad, because if it was just going to be Lalo vs. Gus, we know which way it ends and don't need it dragged out. I hope that this wraps up most of the cartel half of the show and the rest can be about Jimmy and Kim, with some Mike here and there.

I thought it was a nice touch that Mike knew about the Howard scheme and was clearly so disgusted by it. You can see how his respect for Jimmy will simply plummet by the time we get to the Breaking Bad era, since he knows this guy is capable of so much more. Then again, Mike, you're working for a Pinochet affiliated drug lord, so...

3 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

@SpaceChampion They didn't actually say WW is gonna meet Saul, just that he will appear in BCS, did they?

I don't see how they could meet. Unless it was a very casual bump into in a store or something. They were clearly strangers to Saul in BB.

I had assumed they'd run into one of the BCS exclusive characters. Such as Lalo and Nacho. Maybe they'll run into Kim.

29 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Apparently there are going to be three scenes, one of each pluse one where Walter and Jesse are together. Not sure if the latter shouldn't still be at school at the time.

Can you expand on this?  What does "one of each" mean?  And where are you getting this from?

Just now, 3CityApache said:

one with WW, another with Jesse and one with both of them.

Thanks.  Is there any mention of who else will be in the WW scene or the Jesse scene?

Huh, I didn't know that Walter and Jesse were going to appear. I'm not sure how I feel about it, to be honest. The overreliance on Breaking Bad cameos has always been one of my least favourite parts of this show, and I'm not sure we really need to see the Breaking Bad years. But it's very possible I'll be eating these words in a few weeks. 

Maybe it's cuz I spent all day moving, but I absolutely loved that episode.  Can't wait for the final four!

Spoiler

Gus driving into Eladio's compound at the beginning was soooo reminiscent of Walt in the BB finale I almost thought the latter was gonna randomly show up.  Also, is anyone else taking this episode as confirmation Gus was gay?  Cuz I am.

Mike's scene with Nacho's father was perfect.

Was an amazing episode, probably my favorite of the season.

Spoiler

The breakup scene was tough  same with watching Kim gaslight Howard’s wife. Rhea was such a force this episode. I wonder if we will see Kim in the Gene timeline. The transition to Saul was depressing. Surely we will see Walt and Jesse next week 

Amazing ep. Not what I was expecting.

Spoiler

So, what was the Gus Fring wine trip about? Yes, I did read that as confirmation that he is gay, but I already thought that. It was a bit too ambiguous still. Maybe they'll confirm more later though. 

The other thing I take from it is that Gus is so tightly wound he can only allow himself about 15 minutes of enjoyment. And then it's right back to the crusade.

Just wondering if I missed anything. It's so unusual to see any kind of personal life for Fring. He's usually either working the drugs or the chicken.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Amazing ep. Not what I was expecting.

Hide contents

So, what was the Gus Fring wine trip about? Yes, I did read that as confirmation that he is gay, but I already thought that. It was a bit too ambiguous still. Maybe they'll confirm more later though. 

The other thing I take from it is that Gus is so tightly wound he can only allow himself about 15 minutes of enjoyment. And then it's right back to the crusade.

Just wondering if I missed anything. It's so unusual to see any kind of personal life for Fring. He's usually either working the drugs or the chicken.

I think you summed it up nicely.

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Saul’s house make’s Tony Montana’s look tasteful.

I thought that was a little weird.  Why so OTT?  Is it Jimmy playing Saul?  Was Jimmy always this extra? For that matter, if this is Saul's house, why is his office in a tacky strip mall?  Or maybe I missed something there.

Archived