Better Call Saul

SeanF

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Walt never would have broken into Stuart from Big Bang's house to begin with. Let alone stole some watches when the whole point of the scheme was the marks didn't know anyone was in their home.

True, they are all saying Jimmy wanted to get caught. Basically the sequence is:

1. Jimmy calls Kim
  2. Kim says turn yourself in. Jimmy says turn yourself in.
  3. Kim turns herself in. Jimmy does everything possible to get caught (aka get turned in).

And then he chooses to let Marion turn him in. The trust line is something Carol Burnett improvised just to fill the moment where he chooses to do that, it's not in the script. Bob said flat out in the after show, he wanted to get caught, he can't go on that way, and finds his humanity in that moment.

I think this is a psychological show more than anything else, and Peter keeps talking about how he wants love, and Bob keeps saying he comes to realizations about himself, etc. So I think/hope they really get into this in the next episode. I hope, as Vince says he hopes, he becomes a better person.

1 hour ago, 3CityApache said:

I know, but it's not the same as being a conman, is it? And she specifically said she typed "conman" and "Albuquerque" and he was the first result.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and being a criminal's lawyer may be called being a conman?

I think you're just overestimating the accuracy of Google search in 2010.

15 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

I think you're just overestimating the accuracy of Google search in 2010.

It was Ask Jeeves!  ....Which google tells me dropped the Jeeves name in 2006.

1 hour ago, 3CityApache said:

I know, but it's not the same as being a conman, is it? And she specifically said she typed "conman" and "Albuquerque" and he was the first result.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and being a criminal's lawyer may be called being a conman?

Have you seen his commercials?

What are people's predictions? 

My guess is he goes to prison but being able to be Saul/Jimmy again perks him up and we will see him end in color on some kind of better note than the last few eps.  I'm not sure we will see Kim again but if I had to guess, I'd say yes, and she will be in color again too having done a little something to redeem herself after 6 years.  I don't think Saul and Kim will meet again, but maybe.

There is one more Walt cameo coming in the final episode, right?  

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

What are people's predictions? 

My guess is he goes to prison but being able to be Saul/Jimmy again perks him up and we will see him end in color on some kind of better note than the last few eps.  I'm not sure we will see Kim again but if I had to guess, I'd say yes, and she will be in color again too having done a little something to redeem herself after 6 years.  I don't think Saul and Kim will meet again, but maybe.

There is one more Walt cameo coming in the final episode, right?  

This is pretty spot on what I think too. I think we see Gene on the run at the crossroads deciding which was to literally turn and then we get the Walt flashback and something in it triggers Jimmy to come back and he chooses to turn toward New Mexico and turns himself in. Then we get him in color in lock up being back to himself and in his element.

Even though this show isn't over, I miss it already. It kinda ended the moment Howard was shot, or after the time jump to Jimmy as the Saul we knew from Breaking Bad. The last few episodes have been good don't get me wrong. I just miss the happier times. The Toilet Buddies, the chicago sunroofs and squat cobblers.

For the first time ever, I was unable to watch an episode a second time. (I always like to listen to Dave Porter's music the second time around, it's so seamless I barely notice it the first time.) Her dreadful life and yup yup yup is the reason!

Jimmy's purgatory life was bad enough, but Kim's purgatory life was hell on earth. I love the way Vince keeps saying oh, no slam on a life like that, but Kim had so much potential. When in fact, he painstakingly portrayed a life like that as hell.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

I love the way Vince keeps saying oh, no slam on a life like that, but Kim had so much potential. When in fact, he painstakingly portrayed a life like that as hell.

It was almost Kafkaesque.

Was anyone surprised that she put herself in that kind of purgatory?  Where everything is as completely bland and non descript as possible.  It is exactly what I expected, minus the BF yep, yep, yep.  I thought she would stay single, but the rest was very predictable.

For the first time ever, I was unable to watch an episode a second time. (I always like to listen to Dave Porter's music the second time around, it's so seamless I barely notice it the first time.) Her dreadful life and yup yup yup is the reason!

Jimmy's purgatory life was bad enough, but Kim's purgatory life was hell on earth. I love the way Vince keeps saying oh, no slam on a life like that, but Kim had so much potential. When in fact, he painstakingly portrayed a life like that as hell.

It is such a waste.  Whatever one has done, one has to move on.

I assume that she has put herself in a life where decisions have been removed from her because she doesn't trust herself. If you notice throughout the episode she never make a choice on anything until she chooses to turn herself in. 

Also I would really like to see Skinny Pete again.

You can't have your Skinny Pete without Badger!

Anyway, love how Odenkirk just basically DGAF's it about giving up the spoiler.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

You can't have your Skinny Pete without Badger!

Anyway, love how Odenkirk just basically DGAF's it about giving up the spoiler.

Ha ha ha! I'll take Badger, too! Those scenes in El Camino were a gift.

And I love that Bob gave it up, too. He's amazing.

Archived