Flaying (House Bolton)

Ramsay Jr.

As for the infamous practice of flaying by the house bolton, i have a curious question. How painful would it be for if one were to pour copious amounts of salts in a large flayed area of the body such as the chest? 
Would this event send the body into shock or would it amplify the already excrutiating pain a thousand fold ?

Ramsay!
Ramsay!

Ramsay was a man!
I mean, he was a Bolton-man.
Or maybe he was just a bastard...
But he was still—

Ramsay!
Ramsay!

Flaying Theon under the Dreadfort,
Flaying Jon's watchers on the Wall,
Flaying everyone in the seven kingdoms,
We're all just meat for his hounds!
Meat for his hounds!

Hail Ramsay, the king of the NIGHT!

On 6/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, Ramsay Jr. said:

As for the infamous practice of flaying by the house bolton, i have a curious question. How painful would it be for if one were to pour copious amounts of salts in a large flayed area of the body such as the chest? 
Would this event send the body into shock or would it amplify the already excrutiating pain a thousand fold ?

It would hurt but you'd just end up killing them much more quickly through dehydration

I don't know. You can ask Mance Rayder.  If he survives.  

2 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

No problem. We'll wait until Rickon and his Skaagosi get there and finish with the Boltons and Freys... :D

If Dany comes to Westeros soon enough Boltons and Freys could turn their cloaks and kneel to her and so gain her support/protection and she could name them as new overlords of North and Riverlands. After all Starks and Tullys rebelled against her father and Dany could use services of houses that would be more "loyal" to Targs than those traitorous houses. If that happens anyone who would attack her bannermen would have chance of meeting 3 very angry dragons. So there is a chance that Boltons and Freys could both survive and even at least momentary be victorious in game of thrones :)

5 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

If Dany comes to Westeros soon enough Boltons and Freys could turn their cloaks and kneel to her and so gain her support/protection and she could name them as new overlords of North and Riverlands. After all Starks and Tullys rebelled against her father and Dany could use services of houses that would be more "loyal" to Targs than those traitorous houses. If that happens anyone who would attack her bannermen would have chance of meeting 3 very angry dragons. So there is a chance that Boltons and Freys could both survive and even at least momentary be victorious in game of thrones :)

Dany's stupid enough track record supports this I agree 

5 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Lol. There is literally no chance of this. Beyond the fact that George has built the Starks and Dany up as the main protagonists, Dany aligning with hated houses like the Freys and Boltons is immensely stupid. Why join forces with houses that are hated by most of Westeros, when you can simply appropriate the causes and missions of houses that everybody at least respects?

4 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Lol. There is literally no chance of this. Beyond the fact that George has built the Starks and Dany up as the main protagonists, Dany aligning with hated houses like the Freys and Boltons is immensely stupid. Why join forces with houses that are hated by most of Westeros, when you can simply appropriate the causes and missions of houses that everybody at least respects?

The fact that most other houses hate Boltons and Freys would mean that those houses would need her support just to survive and so they should be more loyal than any house that could survive without Targs.

Besides it was Aegon I who raised Tullys as overlords of RL. But instead of being thankful and supporting their king they rebelled against Targs and at least indirectly tried to wipe out Dany and her family and for that reason she would have great motive to totally wipe out Tullys and raise some other family as overlord of RL and take lands of those traitors and give those to a house that she would think more loyal.

Dany also needs someone who could rule North in her name. So having a governor who knows that he will survive only as long as she sits on Iron Throne would be good idea. After all allowing major houses who supported usurper keep their status and lands would be bad idea. Or Dany almost certainly would try to wipe out Arryns, Baratheons, Lannisters, Starks and Tullys.

The Bolton practice started as a response to the Stark’s skinchanging advantage. They treated their Stark captives in the same they treated game animals.  The pain drove the Stark to the nearest host for refuge. The human body dies and the Stark is forced to live the rest of his life in the Bolton’s chosen host. Which would be something lowly like a crow, a tick, or a mouse. 

I would imagine it would louse up your day pretty good.

Archived