Sign in to follow this  
The Great Unwashed

U.S. Politics: Pooch Been Screwed

29 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Regarding holidays, there's an inordinately long stretch between New Years and Memorial day where we get no paid holiday off  at our work.

Do you not get MLK Day or Presidents' Day?

Please god no, there are already too many holidays. Just give the workforce actually reasonable amounts of vacation time to take whenever they want instead of making every month a time where it’s hard to drive anywhere because everyone is going somewhere for the holiday at the same time and all advertising being peak annoying for some holiday sale. We don’t need more holidays we need a new labor movement.

IMO the number of holidays should be increased to include all the various non-christian holidays that are being discriminated against, and then all the various worked should be able to pick 10-15 days worth of their specific holidays. Like if you don't celebrate Easter, why take Easter off? Maybe you'd prefer a different day.

This should of course be in addition to paid time off, I get 20 days of PTO a year, soon to be 25, and you can take those out of my cold dead hands.

17 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

IMO the number of holidays should be increased to include all the various non-christian holidays that are being discriminated against, and then all the various worked should be able to pick 10-15 days worth of their specific holidays. Like if you don't celebrate Easter, why take Easter off? Maybe you'd prefer a different day.

This should of course be in addition to paid time off, I get 20 days of PTO a year, soon to be 25, and you can take those out of my cold dead hands.

If Jews were interested in converting people this would be the most effective strategy. We've got all the holidays. 

55 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Please god no, there are already too many holidays. Just give the workforce actually reasonable amounts of vacation time to take whenever they want instead of making every month a time where it’s hard to drive anywhere because everyone is going somewhere for the holiday at the same time and all advertising being peak annoying for some holiday sale. We don’t need more holidays we need a new labor movement.

Exactly this, however unlikely it is to happen.

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Trust me I found our response as disturbing as anyone.

From January to March during the lead up to our Afghanistan invasion, I was making up homemade protest signs and taking bus trips, bullhorn in hand, to New York, D.C. and other places to march and protest because I thought of that bigger picture you've described.

It was like watching a slow moving train wreck as it unfolded over the next few years.

Same here, along with all the friends and colleagues of every sort. It didn't do a bit of good 'out there,' with all the people gung ho that we knew, despite most of them having never been to NYC, and certainly, unlike me, never went through 9/11 and the aftermath up close and personal for months and months and months.  (Have the respiratory troubles from it too.) My viewpoint on this didn't mean anything -- not to mention a good many of the gung hos couldn't even the countries right from which came the highjackers.