Question for forum old-timers

A Time for Wolves

Hey all,

Old poster here who hasn't been active for years. I suddenly remembered that this forum once had a HILARIOUS spork of another fantasy author's bad writing. There were glorious threads of snarky commentary on the bad prose. Then a forum member made a website listing all the glorious snark. 

I don't remember who the fantasy author was or the title of the series, and it's driving me mad. Like, I can remember the hilarious commentary, I can remember laughing until tears were running down my face, but I literally can't remember anything else. Can anyone remember and point me to the threads? Ran, if he's still running the forum? I'd really love to read them again.

Hope everyone's doing well!!

8 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Terry Goodkind

they are buried in lit,  don't think they have been active threads in years now.

oh yes, it was GOODKIND! At the most, I thought I could remember that "Terry" was somewhere in the name. Then I thought it was Terry Brooks and looked up his Shannara series for info on it...but that didn't match the vague plot details I remembered.

Thanks so much, I'll check out the lit thread. I'm in the mood. If anyone else finds them, post them here.

2 hours ago, A Time for Wolves said:

BTW, last night I did indeed find the threads. AND I found the website that I had mentioned in my OP: http://sandstormreviews.blogspot.com/2006/08/goodkind-parodies.html

Absolute quality. Enjoy!

I don't want to think too much about the implication of that URL that this all happened 15 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Tairy threads brought back some major memories of being unemployed right out of college and day-drinking whiskey…and I spent hours on the threads MST3King the hell out of those books.  15 years later, and I still know what a yeard is - thanks ASOIAF board!

Archived