LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

52 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Shit I just realized that this means the TVA will wipe out the alternate timeline where Steve goes back to Peggy.

So massive downer. Great.

um, isn't that the main timeline?

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Not based on what we have learned previously and how Tony said time travel works. Admittedly what Tony said doesn't actually make any sense but then time travel never does.

2 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

Shit I just realized that this means the TVA will wipe out the alternate timeline where Steve goes back to Peggy.

I’m taking this as evidence that Cap lived in the main timeline, it doesn’t seem like the TVA would let a whole branch exist for the length of Cap’s life.

9 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Not based on what we have learned previously and how Tony said time travel works. Admittedly what Tony said doesn't actually make any sense but then time travel never does.

It's the sacred timeline, IMO. Everything that the Avengers did was what was meant to be, always and forever. including Steve going back to Peggy and living out his days in relative secrecy. 

The other possibility is that just like Loki existing isn't totally wiped out, Cap living that long was because they allowed it and it didn't end up harming enough of a timeline to cause a variant. But really I don't think we need to think that far - we have a timeline where Gamora came back as a younger version, Steve came back as an older one, and that's the real true timeline.

47 minutes ago, mormont said:

I'm slightly surprised that with only six episodes, the entirety of episode one is basically setup?

My thoughts exactly, fine as it was, seems like a bit of waste of time.

7 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

No... that was supposed to happen.

7 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Depends if you believe the writers (who said yes, it was) or the directors (who said no, it was a different one) or accept the probable truth, which is that Kevin Feige hasn't ruled on it and since he has final say, it will remain unclear until it's confirmed either way in the films or a TV show (which might be never).

They do very much seem to be saying - again - that Agents of SHIELD is non-canon, though.

7 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m taking this as evidence that Cap lived in the main timeline, it doesn’t seem like the TVA would let a whole branch exist for the length of Cap’s life.

If it goes in that direction I'll be happy, and I suppose the TVA could even be an explanation for why Steve didn't change anything if he was in the main timeline. Still as is though we'll see I guess.

(A picture is already going around on twitter of a brown haired women in a blue shirt that the TVA brings in while Loki's running around the building and speculating that's Peggy)

4 hours ago, Werthead said:

Depends if you believe the writers (who said yes, it was) or the directors (who said no, it was a different one) or accept the probable truth, which is that Kevin Feige hasn't ruled on it and since he has final say, it will remain unclear until it's confirmed either way in the films or a TV show (which might be never).

They do very much seem to be saying - again - that Agents of SHIELD is non-canon, though.

Ouch, I hadn’t even considered the timeline aspect. That ruins at least the last season of AoS.

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, the person in the queue with Loki... was that Russell from Deadpool 2... wasn’t it?

I thought it was another Loki, having similar hair. 

12 hours ago, mormont said:

Really enjoyed that episode, but I'm slightly surprised that with only six episodes, the entirety of episode one is basically setup?

They are doing a second season according to Wikipedia. 

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Ouch, I hadn’t even considered the timeline aspect. That ruins at least the last season of AoS.

That and they had a little conversation about Coulson's death that would have been the perfect time to address it. A single line about how Loki only killed coulson for a few hours or "we had fun cleaning that errant timeline." But no.

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, Loki lies, that’s well established.  Was Loki lying to Mobieus when he explained his motivations?

Loki does lie, but I also feel like the TVA / Mobius (not to be confused with Morbius!) has to be lying. If his plan is to get Loki to essentially betray another version of himself in order to secure a timeline in which Loki is choked out by thanos a few years later then he's an idiot, and he can't be an idiot. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

That and they had a little conversation about Coulson's death that would have been the perfect time to address it. A single line about how Loki only killed coulson for a few hours or "we had fun cleaning that errant timeline." But no.

If Loki had said he killed him, and Mobius had exhaled swiftly from the nose in very mild amusement, that would’ve been Christmas Day for AoS fans. How far we done fell; from ‘maybe Iron Man will be in it’ to ‘that scene didn’t overtly decanonise the show when it could’ve done, yea!’

22 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Nah, just some woman in period costume to emphasise the timey wimey. It’s not really the MCU’s style to do that without the original actress.

Yeah.

Anyway, coming back to the notion that Peggy was always married to Steve - in Winter Soldier , when Steve visits an ailing Peggy, she expresses regret that Steve wasn't able to live his life the way she did with hers, and that it's  been so long. 

That doesn't sound like they were always supposed married to me in the "Sacred Timeline".

(Also, did Sharon not notice the guy that Peggy was "always" married to? Or did Steve hide whenever Peggy's niece come to visit out of embarrassment?)

But I'm not really expecting new story ideas and plotlines to be super-consistent with what's been written before, but I do still get  irked when the PTB spout something as if that's what they intended all along but doesn't sound quite right .

Also  the TVA feels fascistic to me , what with their posters with a big brothery eye, and another that says "Behave, or you'll get your clocks cleaned" on their walls.

15 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Also  the TVA feels fascistic to me , what with their posters with a big brothery eye, and another that says "Behave, or you'll get your clocks cleaned" on their walls.

Yea the tone is a bit off with the quirky cartoons but simultaneously, the execution of people for being variants (which as far as I can tell is impossible to avoid) and also, not getting tickets. Basically the TVA might turn up one day, say you’re a variant, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

So I've been assuming the TVA gets beaten and this allows the multiverse to open up for Doctor Strange 2 and No Way Home. But would that really explain Tobey Maguire's spider-man? Or Peggy as captain america? I mean yeah time travel but it doesn't make sense to me that the events of Loki would create a parallel universe back in WWII or the 2000's. 

I wonder if the multiverse is a natural state, and at some point the Time Keepers picked a branch and isolated it and have prevented that "sacred" branch from generating other branches. So there'd still be many very different universes (explaining the "multiverse" of Doctor Strange) but branches from the MCU reality since X date are forbidden. 

So in other words there's probably no other version of Tom Holland's Peter Parker. But there are other versions of Peter Parker who are totally different from him. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

So I've been assuming the TVA gets beaten and this allows the multiverse to open up for Doctor Strange 2 and No Way Home. But would that really explain Tobey Maguire's spider-man? Or Peggy as captain america? I mean yeah time travel but it doesn't make sense to me that the events of Loki would create a parallel universe back in WWII or the 2000's. 

So far the possibility of the multiverse has gone thusly:

Oh my God! Multive.... oh wait it’s just Mysterio lying.

Oh my God! Multive.... oh wait it’s just a boner joke.

So I’m waiting till it’s official personally. Also it never occurred to me that What If? would actually tie in in-universe to the MCU? I assumed it was just a fun side show, not that it would actually ‘exist’ in some way. But certainly could do, it’d be interesting.

Archived