LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

27 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Or maybe Red Skull was just full of shit. And “A soul for a soul” was the only rule. 

That's only the second part of the quote.  In Infinity War Red Skull tells Thanos "in order to take the stone you must lose that which you love, a soul for a soul."  He tells Barton and Nat the same thing in Endgame.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

That's only the second part of the quote.  In Infinity War Red Skull tells Thanos "in order to take the stone you must lose that which you love, a soul for a soul."  He tells Barton and Nat the same thing in Endgame.

Yeah. But why are we trusting Red Skull? Wasn’t he a Nazi?

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Also quite convenient that both Thanos and Barton brought their most treasured loved one considering neither had any idea they had to.

Magic, not coincidence. The Infinity Stones manipulate events so that anyone seeking the Soul Stone arrives in the company of a suitable sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, felice said:

Magic, not coincidence. The Infinity Stones manipulate events so that anyone seeking the Soul Stone arrives in the company of a suitable sacrifice.

Ok, so it's magically convenient.

15 minutes ago, felice said:

The stones or the TVA/Time Keepers?

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Right, they didn't get into specifics but the implication was that even with the time stone or more pym particles they could not bring her back for some  reason. 

I wonder, what happens if you show up on Vormir looking for the soul stone and didn't happen to bring your most treasured loved one. You've gotta sacrifice them AND make two trips? Ugh. 

In terms of time travel, the only way they could bring Nat back is to travel in the past, and take Nat (or a Nat) out of her timeline, put a quantum suit on her, and bring her to their timeline. But that would screw up the timeline from where she was taken, and possibly bring the TVA on their heads.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

In terms of time travel, the only way they could bring Nat back is to travel in the past, and take Nat (or a Nat) out of her timeline, put a quantum suit on her, and bring her to their timeline. But that would screw up the timeline from where she was taken, and possibly bring the TVA on their heads.

I was thinking they could use the time stone, which seems to have totally different rules and can just rewind the timeline you are in. 

13 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I was thinking they could use the time stone, which seems to have totally different rules and can just rewind the timeline you are in. 

She died in 2014 on Vormir. That's a lot of rewinding. Also, rewinding seems to cancel things completely, so if you rewind to get her back right after Burton gets the soul stone, then I don't think Burton gets the soul stone.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

She died in 2014 on Vormir. That's a lot of rewinding. Also, rewinding seems to cancel things completely, so if you rewind to get her back right after Burton gets the soul stone, then I don't think Burton gets the soul stone.

Remind me, is there an in universe reason they have to do all their time missions at once? I would have gotten the time stone first and gone from there. As I recall the only limit is the particles. That limit could have been overcome by using the first set of particles to travel to get more particles from any time Lang knew where they were.

But anyway I'd rewind the timeline to just before the time heist, and try again. Someone has to die but like I dunno, the MCU must have some version of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. (Does a narsaccistic suicide work?)

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

If you're asking if Trump would do it they could probably trick him into it.

Probably. He'd have pushed all his kids and probably a check over first but yeah.

But no I was just concerned that whoever made the sacrifice might love themselves more, so to be safe push both over.

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

Remind me, is there an in universe reason they have to do all their time missions at once? I would have gotten the time stone first and gone from there. As I recall the only limit is the particles. That limit could have been overcome by using the first set of particles to travel to get more particles from any time Lang knew where they were.

But anyway I'd rewind the timeline to just before the time heist, and try again. Someone has to die but like I dunno, the MCU must have some version of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian. (Does a narsaccistic suicide work?)

There is no clear in universe reason. The only things I can think of that this would be problematic is 1) we don't know how much life Tony's quantum tunnel machine has, ie will it last repeated uses? and 2) the temptation of the stones as Thanos indicated. You start with one stone, and someone has the idea to do an additional thing with it, causing conflict in the group etc.

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yea, End Game is a strange movie. There really is no ticking clock, but the movie is made to make you think there is one, which is why you have all of the characters splitting up into different missions. The power stone is the one I don't get though. Why didn't they just show up to the place a week before Quill showed up and take it, that seems so much easier and less likely to have an effect on the timeline.

24 minutes ago, sifth said:

Yea, End Game is a strange movie. There really is no ticking clock, but the movie is made to make you think there is one, which is why you have all of the characters splitting up into different missions. The power stone is the one I don't get though. Why didn't they just show up to the place a week before Quill showed up and take it, that seems so much easier and less likely to have an effect on the timeline.

That is a very large problem with Endgame. 

There is no rush at all to start the mission. They could have absolutely waited a couple months for the entire team to be there before starting (Captain Marvel, Okoye)

Or as mentioned, they could've used the Pym Particles they had on hand to acquire more Pym Particles first.

Hindsight I guess? Though many of them are supposed to be geniuses. 

56 minutes ago, sifth said:

The power stone is the one I don't get though. Why didn't they just show up to the place a week before Quill showed up and take it, that seems so much easier and less likely to have an effect on the timeline.

Because then you wouldn't get the comedic beat of them calling Quill an idiot and then unceremoniously knocking him the fuck out.

Speaking of Pym particles, did Cap replace the vials he stole when he returned the stones? That could be another branching timeline, where a furious Hank Pym raises hell and maybe quits working with SHIELD at an earlier time.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Because then you wouldn't get the comedic beat of them calling Quill an idiot and then unceremoniously knocking him the fuck out.

But also, stealing it from Quill looked way easier than it did for Quill to steal it in the first place. Seems like they found a good window to me.

EDIT: nope, misremembered.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

But also, stealing it from Quill looked way easier than it did for Quill to steal it in the first place. Seems like they found a good window to me.

But they didn't steal it from Quill, they knocked him out before he got there.

Archived