LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

19 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Sylvie says that when she was in agent C-20's head, she had to dig deep for a memory that was hundreds of years ago. Considering that the memory indicated modern times, no older than the 70s I think, I wondered what her frame of reference was when she said hundreds of years. If she was using 2077, knowing when Lamentis-I is destroyed, that's only about 100 years. But if she was using her own, native time as the frame of reference, then Sylvie is from the future. I maintain she is Loki's daughter. 

Not necessarily this Loki variant right? But a Loki we've yet to encounter. Richard E Grant is still to appear in this short series.

4 hours ago, mormonte said:

The obvious way to go would be: Sylvie is from a branch timeline that got pruned but somehow she escaped/got smuggled out before the TVA cleaned it up, probably by her mother, and has been on the run ever since.

But the problem is, if her very existence is an aberration, she’s have to escape as soon as she was born. She had to grow up somewhere, unless maybe her parents smuggled her out? Again, I still don’t understand in what way she’s actually ‘a Loki’ other than the TVA have decided she  is.

EDIT: Wow, that was some sloppy reading on my part. Just suggested exactly what you already said basically. Apologies.

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

But the problem is, if her very existence is an aberration, she’s have to escape as soon as she was born. She had to grow up somewhere, unless maybe her parents smuggled her out? Again, I still don’t understand in what way she’s actually ‘a Loki’ other than the TVA have decided she  is.

EDIT: Wow, that was some sloppy reading on my part. Just suggested exactly what you already said basically. Apologies.

This whole discussion has made me question the viability of simply putting the stones back where they were found.  

Particularly the Mind stone.  If Cap puts the scepter before he picks it up… there are two scepters there.  If he drops it next to his unconscious body he leaves open a timeline where either the Shield Strike team thinks he is Hydra… or… the Shield Strike team knows he knows about Hydra.  How can he return the scepter to where it was found without creating further disruptions?

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This whole discussion has made me question the viability of simply putting the stones back where they were found.  

Particularly the Mind stone.  If Cap puts the scepter before he picks it up… there are two scepters there.  If he drops it next to his unconscious body he leaves open a timeline where either the Shield Strike team thinks he is Hydra… or… the Shield Strike team knows he knows about Hydra.  How can he return the scepter to where it was found without creating further disruptions?

Because disruptions don't matter, only the final outcome matters. As long as the end result is okay - whatever the TVA's goal is - how it gets there doesn't matter in the least. Only variants which cause disruptions to the end state matter.

5 minutes ago, Kal Corp said:

Because disruptions don't matter, only the final outcome matters. As long as the end result is okay - whatever the TVA's goal is - how it gets there doesn't matter in the least. Only variants which cause disruptions to the end state matter.

Which suggests they aren’t “guarding the timeline” they’re ensuring the goal of arriving at a particular event…

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Which suggests they aren’t “guarding the timeline” they’re ensuring the goal of arriving at a particular event…

Well, yeah. I thought that was pretty clear. They've brainwashed variants, almost no one has met the keepers, no one knows what the final thing is and their methods are to disintegrate everything. Does that scream 'good guys' to you?

Just now, Kal Corp said:

Well, yeah. I thought that was pretty clear. They've brainwashed variants, almost no one has met the keepers, no one knows what the final thing is and their methods are to disintegrate everything. Does that scream 'good guys' to you?

Lord no.  Since the second episode it’s pretty clear the TVA isn’t anyone’s friend. 

3 minutes ago, mormonte said:

Are we not all fully on board with the 'Kang is behind the TVA' train already?

Not sure.  I was telling my son who “Kang” was yesterday.  He’d never heard of him and seemed terribly under enthusiastic about the prospect.

16 minutes ago, mormonte said:

Are we not all fully on board with the 'Kang is behind the TVA' train already?

Definitely appears to be the most likely outcome.  Even though, like Scot's son, I don't really know who he is.

Hmmmm...in the Avengers Forever series, Kang fights the Time Keepers and they are revealed as the primary villains of the series...there isn't much evidence they're drawing on this story in any way though...I do think we might see Immortus though...

7 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

But the problem is, if her very existence is an aberration, she’s have to escape as soon as she was born.

I don't think her existence is an aberration; her physical differences from Loki are presumably the result of shapeshifting. And it's even possible that Loki took that shape in the prime timeline, and Sylvie merely failed to change into the preferred form of the Loki we know at a later date. She became a variant and went on the run at a young age, but not that young.

32 minutes ago, felice said:

I don't think her existence is an aberration; her physical differences from Loki are presumably the result of shapeshifting. And it's even possible that Loki took that shape in the prime timeline, and Sylvie merely failed to change into the preferred form of the Loki we know at a later date. She became a variant and went on the run at a young age, but not that young.

So the TVA’s sacred timeline includes the branching of Loki into two Loki’s, and then the removal of that timeline? In the same way it included the Endgame shenanigans? Possible, although it doesn’t feel like the writers have thought that far ahead yet. And we know that as soon as this variant Loki left New York, they were on him and declared him a variant, so I don’t see why they’d treat Sylvie any different. It sounds as if the circumstances of her birth are different to Loki’s, so it’s hard to picture how any of this could’ve happened.

The evidence for Kang is pretty compelling:

1) We know he is coming in Ant-Man 3, and Majors casting news came out a while ago while Ant-Man 3 is just starting to begin production.

2) At least one of the statues looks like Majors

3) The Judge who runs the TVA is a character connected to him in the comics.

4) They've been introducing a lot of Young Avengers lately.

But as someone said upthread if he appears in season one of Loki it will probably be a minor setup thing. I imagine Ant-Man 3 will establish how he ended up in the quantum realm where he then created the TVA. 

I'm curious what season two of Loki is going to be? More TVA stuff or it could be something totally different. I suspect Hiddleston's Loki is not making it back to the main MCU timeline in the end, but Sylvie will. 

2 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

So the TVA’s sacred timeline includes the branching of Loki into two Loki’s, and then the removal of that timeline? In the same way it included the Endgame shenanigans?

No, Sylvie and Loki had the same past up until the moment she became a variant, and she's been on the run from the TVA ever since. The TVA tried to eliminate her branch as usual, but she got away and grew up as a fugitive hiding in apocalypses. Presumably at least one parent escaped with her, unless it was telling her she was adopted that caused the variance.

New "mid-season" trailer: 

Are they afraid we're gonna stop watching if they don't do this stuff? Anyway it's a little spoilery if you had any doubt how they were going to get off that doomed moon. There's also quick shots of 

Young Sylvie at the TVA and the 

USS Eldridge 

5 minutes ago, felice said:

No, Sylvie and Loki had the same past up until the moment she became a variant, and she's been on the run from the TVA ever since. The TVA tried to eliminate her branch as usual, but she got away and grew up as a fugitive hiding in apocalypses. Presumably at least one parent escaped with her, unless it was telling her she was adopted that caused the variance.

I guess what’s tripping me up is how they talked about each other’s parents as if they were different people. She said she was adopted, but nothing about the conversation implied that that adoption was by Odin and Frigga.

So let’s assume their birth parents are the same (because if they’re not, then I give up) … so when are we in a divergent timeline? When two other Asgardians (one presumes) show up to the Frosty adoption agency and decide to adopt Loki, where before they chose another kid? Then the TVA show up presumably immediately cos why wouldn't they, and the Asgardian adopters immediately suss the situation (they couldn’t know before because how the hell do you ‘know’ you’re creating a divergent timeline?) and quickly make their escape?

I still revert back to thinking the writers just thought ‘ah, pesky Loki, always varianting him/herself’ and didn’t think through the consequences of how that’d actually work.

42 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The evidence for Kang is pretty compelling:

1) We know he is coming in Ant-Man 3, and Majors casting news came out a while ago while Ant-Man 3 is just starting to begin production.

2) At least one of the statues looks like Majors

3) The Judge who runs the TVA is a character connected to him in the comics.

4) They've been introducing a lot of Young Avengers lately.

But as someone said upthread if he appears in season one of Loki it will probably be a minor setup thing. I imagine Ant-Man 3 will establish how he ended up in the quantum realm where he then created the TVAplease be a new dune buggy.... 

I'm curious what season two of Loki is going to be? More TVA stuff or it could be something totally different. I suspect Hiddleston's Loki is not making it back to the main MCU timeline in the end, but Sylvie will. 

Read an article today suggesting Loki season 2 would be about Gamora.  I think I git taken in by click bait...

And the character who is connected to Kang is more strongly connected to hi Immortus personality.  I still think there is an Immortus appearance, not Kang...that's just me though. 

Archived