LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Great episode and I liked the little Easter eggs spread around.

I was dying when I saw the helicopter. At 8:41 there's what looks like a giant robot spider-man head in the bottom left corner, any idea what that is? It might just look familiar cause it kinda looks like Spider-Man. 

I had to rewind to figure out what 

Throgg was. 

Richard E. Grant, I think the first movie I saw him in, he was a witch hunter chasing Julian Sands' Warlock. 30yrs later he's come full circle. What a great appearance.

And it needs to said after every episode - this is a cinema level soundtrack. 

24 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I was dying when I saw the helicopter. At 8:41 there's what looks like a giant robot spider-man head in the bottom left corner, any idea what that is? It might just look familiar cause it kinda looks like Spider-Man. 

I had to rewind to figure out what 

Hide contents

Throgg was. 

I didn't know about that little cameo until I searched the web. I'll go back later to see what other things I've missed. Does the Lighthouse of Alexandria have any connection to the Marvel universe, or was it just there to show one of the ancient wonders?

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I didn't know about that little cameo until I searched the web. I'll go back later to see what other things I've missed. Does the Lighthouse of Alexandria have any connection to the Marvel universe, or was it just there to show one of the ancient wonders?

I saw the motion of a tiny being and thought "oh they pruned an ant-man!" but no. 

No idea about the lighthouse, but it was in remarkably good shape compared to the other buildings. 

I still have to finish the episode I was called away about 20 minutes in, but Old Loki's explanation of how he survived Thanos didn't exactly explain the outfit.  So far they haven't bothered to try to explain alligator Loki...

Edit: So they do at least lampshade the alligator thing. Why on earth did Kid Loki and Old Man Loki want to stay in the void when given a chance to leave?

14 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I saw the motion of a tiny being and thought "oh they pruned an ant-man!" but no. 

No idea about the lighthouse, but it was in remarkably good shape compared to the other buildings. 

I still have to finish the episode I was called away about 20 minutes in, but Old Loki's explanation of how he survived Thanos didn't exactly explain the outfit.  So far they haven't bothered to try to explain alligator Loki...

Speaking of Ant-man, I think that giant head is not a robot Spider-man, but an Ant-Man or Wasp type helmet. Maybe they did prune a giant form of one of them.

I enjoyed the Easter eggs and the Loki banter but otherwise thought it was quite a poor episode. It was a bit wandavision, giant purple smoke monster fought with green magic. And we didn’t learn anything we didn’t know already apart from maybe that Renslayer isn’t as read in as we might have thought.

So is the whole TVA project all about obscuring Chronopolis or whatever it is behind a giant smoke monster feeding on bits of discarded timelines? It would be a good, if complicated, way of hiding from your enemies.

30 minutes ago, john MCG said:

I enjoyed the Easter eggs and the Loki banter but otherwise thought it was quite a poor episode. It was a bit wandavision, giant purple smoke monster fought with green magic. And we didn’t learn anything we didn’t know already apart from maybe that Renslayer isn’t as read in as we might have thought.

We learned how the pruning works, the various Lokis, where the end boss actually is, that it's an Alligator and not a Crocodile - just because we guessed a lot of these doesn't mean we didn't learn them. 

30 minutes ago, john MCG said:

So is the whole TVA project all about obscuring Chronopolis or whatever it is behind a giant smoke monster feeding on bits of discarded timelines? It would be a good, if complicated, way of hiding from your enemies.

Could also be that the smoke monster can take the form of people it consumes and uses them to...shit, sorry, wrong show

The core of this show is Loki figuring out who he wants to be and that is explored through him meeting these different variants and seeing from a third person perspective how he acts and can be. Which is why I think it’s more likely that our main baddie is another Loki variant.

Someone who accomplished everything that our Loki initially set out to do and became a God-King because of it , to the point that he basically controls time to his whim and has become someone who our Loki would despise…a person who controls not only the fates of people but even versions of himself.

21 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Given that we're down to one episode, it's unlikely they will introduce a new villain, like Kang. It's likely a Loki, or a version of another character we know tied to Loki.

Agreed, it's probably another Loki. We could still maybe get a Kang tease with Ravonna. 

I'd rather it wasn't another Loki because they've done that a bunch now. Were campaign loki's goons all also Lokis? That was the impression I got but maybe they'd crafted horns to emulate him? If they were lokis then everyone but Mobius who we saw in the void was a Loki. Odd. 

I'd also argue the whole design aesthetic of the TVA suggests it was created by someone from earth. It's unclear to me why any Loki would design it that way. But I'm probably overthinking it. 

23 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Agreed, it's probably another Loki. We could still maybe get a Kang tease with Ravonna. 

I'd rather it wasn't another Loki because they've done that a bunch now. Were campaign loki's goons all also Lokis? That was the impression I got but maybe they'd crafted horns to emulate him? If they were lokis then everyone but Mobius who we saw in the void was a Loki. Odd. 

I'm pretty sure they were all Lokis - some used green magic. 

23 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'd also argue the whole design aesthetic of the TVA suggests it was created by someone from earth. It's unclear to me why any Loki would design it that way. But I'm probably overthinking it. 

He took the most hellish landscape he ever encountered - Midgardian bureaucracy. 

48 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Given that we're down to one episode, it's unlikely they will introduce a new villain, like Kang. It's likely a Loki, or a version of another character we know tied to Loki.

I just feel like there's way too much in this show- the TVA itself, Ravonna, Alioth (he's usually an enemy of Kang rather than a guard dog bit still) -  that has connections to Kang for him to be not at least somewhat involved. There may be an intermediary villain but at this point I think it'd be weird - even beyond previous MCU 'oh it's gonna be this no it ain't' stuff- to just not have him involved at all. For one thing, you'd be removing a decent portion of Kang's support structures when he does eventually show up as we know he's going to. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

If they were lokis then everyone but Mobius who we saw in the void was a Loki. Odd. 

Lokis survive.

Other folks don’t.  And we did see the crew of the Eldridge.  (Loved that btw.)

20 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Lokis survive.

Other folks don’t.  And we did see the crew of the Eldridge.  (Loved that btw.)

So narratively speaking Mobius pretty much has to be revealed as yet another Loki variant in the final episode.

Which is fine, I hope Jet-Ski Loki and alligator Loki have a spinoff solving crimes in New Orleans. 

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Which is fine, I hope Jet-Ski Loki and alligator Loki have a spinoff solving crimes in New Orleans. 

Loki: Vice City.

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I just feel like there's way too much in this show- the TVA itself, Ravonna, Alioth (he's usually an enemy of Kang rather than a guard dog bit still) -  that has connections to Kang for him to be not at least somewhat involved.

Agreed.  I have no idea about comics but it seems after every episode I read something about how this or that is related to Kang.  Seems like a lot of smoke for there to be no fire - especially when they've publicized he's already been cast in Ant Man 3.

Archived