LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Was that the PSP one?

The GTA?  I thought it was just the one that came out after 3.  I was basically going for Miami Vice or something like that, so yeah, the Wiggum parody is pretty similar.

7 hours ago, Kal Corp said:

Could also be that the smoke monster can take the form of people it consumes and uses them to...shit, sorry, wrong show

The smoke monster did not "consume" Locke.  That's why Ilana and Bram had to schlep his body to show to Richard.

Just now, DMC said:

The smoke monster did not "consume" Locke.  That's why Ilana and Bram had to schlep his body to show to Richard.

Obviously consume was a euphemism for suck off

Duh

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Lokis survive. Other folks don’t.

I think also Loki is intrinsically prone to causing divergent timelines at a high rate, while most of the people of the universe never have even one variant.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

So narratively speaking Mobius pretty much has to be revealed as yet another Loki variant in the final episode.

Which is fine, I hope Jet-Ski Loki and alligator Loki have a spinoff solving crimes in New Orleans. 

I think Mobius is a Stark Sr. variant.

35 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I think Mobius is a Stark Sr. variant.

One who managed to escape the Winter Soldier, right? Stark dies in 1991, so he probably didn't have much time to enjoy jet skis. 

My initial thought is that he might be a young Odin.

Regardless of who Moebius was, I suspect he'll be the leader of whatever happens to the TVA at the end of the next episode. 

I still bieve its going to be Immortus at the end of the line and that there will be at of mystery and theory around who he is, but it will also somehow reference his history as Kang to help introduce that character in Ant-Man 3...

And I tried, but could not keep up with the various Easter eggs...but hey, Thanos Copter...

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

One who managed to escape the Winter Soldier, right? Stark dies in 1991, so he probably didn't have much time to enjoy jet skis. 

Clearly his nexus event was escaping Winter Soldier via jet ski.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, RumHam said:

I'm also very curious about this but expect it to just be handwaved. The crocodile Loki also raises so many questions about what makes a Loki, especially if he doesn't talk. 

Now I'm gonna talk about rumors for the next Spider-Man:

Reveal hidden contents

If it's true that the Rami and Webb spider-men are returning that just muddies the waters further. Like why would one Peter Parker be so much older and have organic webs? How is it that most details of their lives are different but they all have aunt mays and uncle bens and MJs (I actually forget if Garfield's parker knew an MJ.)

At that point, in what sense are they the same person and not just people with the same name who fate dictated would get bit by a radioactive spider? 

We know Loki can do some sort of shapeshifting / illusion thing, because he turned himself into a snake once to stab thor.  Maybe that Loki did such a good spell turning himself into a crocodile, he just never bothered to turn back.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:40 AM, felice said:

I think also Loki is intrinsically prone to causing divergent timelines at a high rate, while most of the people of the universe never have even one variant.

So this is something that bothers me a bit.  How can anyone create nexus events.  The timeline should be the timeline, once its forged it shouldn't be changing.   No one should be making choices that are different.  Even time travel should, by its nature, already have happened.  The TVA has access to the entire timeline, from beginning to what they call "the end."  The entire story is already written.

Unless something exterior to the TVA and the timeline is at work, trying to introduce chaos into the "sacred" timeline. 

I can excuse our Loki, because he was created by the Avengers interfering, which for some reason is considered part of the approved timeline.  So the TVA must have had a whole lot of work to do that day, snipping off everyone they impacted.  The Timeline was in ruins.  The fact that they didn't just arrest the avengers means that whoever created the TVA, must have been influenced positively by the Avengers defeating Thanos.

I think that Loki and Slyvie are going to find an incredibly old Dr. Strange in that house.

8 minutes ago, argonak said:

We know Loki can do some sort of shapeshifting / illusion thing, because he turned himself into a snake once to stab thor.  Maybe that Loki did such a good spell turning himself into a crocodile, he just never bothered to turn back.

His Nexus event was eating the wrong neighbour's cat, which implies that at one point sacred-timeline Loki turned into an alligator and ate the right neighbour's cat.

1 minute ago, argonak said:

So this is something that bothers me a bit.  How can anyone create nexus events.  The timeline should be the timeline, once its forged it shouldn't be changing.   No one should be making choices that are different.  Even time travel should, by its nature, already have happened.  The TVA has access to the entire timeline, from beginning to what they call "the end."  The entire story is already written.

Unless something exterior to the TVA and the timeline is at work, trying to introduce chaos into the "sacred" timeline. 

I can excuse our Loki, because he was created by the Avengers interfering, which for some reason is considered part of the approved timeline.  So the TVA must have had a whole lot of work to do that day, snipping off everyone they impacted.  The Timeline was in ruins.  The fact that they didn't just arrest the avengers means that whoever created the TVA, must have been influenced positively by the Avengers defeating Thanos.

I think that Loki and Slyvie are going to find an incredibly old Dr. Strange in that house.

But it's not written - the Timekeepers are a lie. The multiverse is a natural state of affairs and there's no intrinsic difference between a "variant" and the "sacred timeline" version of a person. The sacred timeline is only special because it's the version of events whoever is in that house wants to happen, and they've put a lot of effort into creating the TVA to ensure that their chosen history is never threatened by alternate timelines.

5 minutes ago, argonak said:

Okay, so I'm gonna stop you there. This is what is inaccurate - all the TVA bullshit is entirely false. The 'sacred timeline' is just garbage that they're spouting to use as a means of control. Divergent timelines happen, well, an infinite amount, all the time, including things like time travel. There are an infinite amount of them, and they're all at different points in time and space, and the only thing that they care about is whether or not those timelines interfere in some way with the one timeline they actually care about. 

The story isn't written; it's barely a story. 

People can create nexus events because nexus events are simply things which threaten TVA control. All other variances are just not that big a deal and happen all the time. 

The TVA is a parasite trying to induce some order to protect itself, and that's all. Chaos is the natural way. 

Or possibly killing that Loki in that timeline. It seems like that's one of the real triggers - as soon as a Loki could live past Thanos in some way and would actually interact with the universe. Classic Loki was fine living beyond Thanos as long as he didn't do anything - but as soon as he reared his head, he was toast. Kid Loki killed Thor, which would obviously put a dent on Loki getting killed by Thanos later as Thor wouldn't be around to do all sorts of things. 

Why do people spell her name Slyvie? I've seen this on other sites too, and it drives me nuts.

1 minute ago, Denvek said:

His Nexus event was eating the wrong neighbour's cat, which implies that at one point sacred-timeline Loki turned into an alligator and ate the right neighbour's cat.

But it's not written - the Timekeepers are a lie. The multiverse is a natural state of affairs and there's no intrinsic difference between a "variant" and the "sacred timeline" version of a person. The sacred timeline is only special because it's the version of events whoever is in that house wants to happen, and they've put a lot of effort into creating the TVA to ensure that their chosen history is never threatened by alternate timelines.

If the TVA can travel to any time, then the timeline is written though.  They have a baseline that already happened.  Time is just a dimension, like the 3 cardinals, and the TVA is able to move along the one in the sacred timeline, from their own TVA dimension.  So it seems to me, at least, that there must be something going in and spiking the sacred timeline to split it off into different versions.  All the variants branch off the main timeline when something happens that "wasn't supposed to," but the TVA only identifies it when the variant gets split off enough from the sacred timeline to be distinguishable.  Then they pop in, exterminate it, and head home for a beer.

I guess it gets down to a bit of philosophical determinism, but from my perspective if event A happens, then it always happens, unless something external to the event changes the inputs.  

4 minutes ago, Kal Corp said:

Okay, so I'm gonna stop you there. This is what is inaccurate - all the TVA bullshit is entirely false. The 'sacred timeline' is just garbage that they're spouting to use as a means of control. Divergent timelines happen, well, an infinite amount, all the time, including things like time travel. There are an infinite amount of them, and they're all at different points in time and space, and the only thing that they care about is whether or not those timelines interfere in some way with the one timeline they actually care about. 

The story isn't written; it's barely a story. 

People can create nexus events because nexus events are simply things which threaten TVA control. All other variances are just not that big a deal and happen all the time. 

The TVA is a parasite trying to induce some order to protect itself, and that's all. Chaos is the natural way. 

Or possibly killing that Loki in that timeline. It seems like that's one of the real triggers - as soon as a Loki could live past Thanos in some way and would actually interact with the universe. Classic Loki was fine living beyond Thanos as long as he didn't do anything - but as soon as he reared his head, he was toast. Kid Loki killed Thor, which would obviously put a dent on Loki getting killed by Thanos later as Thor wouldn't be around to do all sorts of things. 

Why do people spell her name Slyvie? I've seen this on other sites too, and it drives me nuts.

Well sure everything is from their perspective.  But they're constantly killing divergent timelines from the existing, theoretically complete, timeline.  Which they can travel on.  But somehow changes still keep erupting off of it.  I'm not talking about the TVA's motivations here, I'm trying to understand what the writer is intending to display.  

I spelled it Sylvie because that's what I thought they said on the show.  I don't remember it ever showing her name written anywhere that I saw.

1 minute ago, argonak said:

If the TVA can travel to any time, then the timeline is written though.  They have a baseline that already happened.  Time is just a dimension, like the 3 cardinals, and the TVA is able to move along the one in the sacred timeline, from their own TVA dimension.  So it seems to me, at least, that there must be something going in and spiking the sacred timeline to split it off into different versions.  All the variants branch off the main timeline when something happens that "wasn't supposed to," but the TVA only identifies it when the variant gets split off enough from the sacred timeline to be distinguishable.  Then they pop in, exterminate it, and head home for a beer.

I guess it gets down to a bit of philosophical determinism, but from my perspective if event A happens, then it always happens, unless something external to the event changes the inputs.  

Sure, event A happens and has always been going to have happened, but the timeline where event B happened instead also happened and was always been going to have happened.

And both timelines are equally valid.

4 minutes ago, argonak said:

You're assuming time is a linear dimension though - it only goes forward or backward. But clearly it doesn't - it goes sideways and upside down and all sorts of other ways. 

The 'something' that is going in and spiking things is that every action that anything ever takes causes a divergent universe to be created with its own timeline. 

3 minutes ago, argonak said:

Well sure everything is from their perspective.  But they're constantly killing divergent timelines from the existing, theoretically complete, timeline.  Which they can travel on.  But somehow changes still keep erupting off of it.  I'm not talking about the TVA's motivations here, I'm trying to understand what the writer is intending to display.  

Their timeline isn't complete (Renslayer and Mobius both say this) and they can travel to any timeline they choose - remember, they can travel to timelines where time travelers come back and mess with shit, like they did at the end of ep 1. 

Again, time isn't immutable. Things didn't just happen. Especially in a universe where time travel occurs - you'll always have branches on branches on branches.

3 minutes ago, argonak said:

I spelled it Sylvie because that's what I thought they said on the show.  I don't remember it ever showing her name written anywhere that I saw.

You spelled it "Slyvie". 

4 minutes ago, argonak said:

And that's not the kind of time system that Loki (or the marvel universe, for that matter) has shown us. Another way to say it is this - if you were right, how does Loki get the tesseract to start this whole thing in the first place? He certainly didn't do that in the first Avengers movie. Star-Lord didn't get his ass kicked in GotG right before he got the power stone. Obviously time is mutable. 

Archived