LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

I get the impression that when they said repairing or restoring the timeline, by returning the Stones to when they were taken (or just after), they literally merge the timelines and all memories or signs or evidence of the variation basically vanishes: so Peter waking up on Morag, going "That's weird" and getting the Stone from the temple five seconds later, is a "wrinkle" in time that subsequently vanishes - i.e. the timeline gets smoothed over and later on Peter remembers only landing on Morag, doing his funky dance and getting the stone, as we see in GotG.

Yea, but how does that fix Thanos, Gamora and Nebula no longer existing in his timeline, since they all travel into the future to battle The Avengers, lol

17 minutes ago, sifth said:

Yea, but how does that fix Thanos, Gamora and Nebula no longer existing in his timeline, since they all travel into the future to battle The Avengers, lol

If the stone is returned before Nebula's capture, then Thanos never learns about the time travelling Avengers and has no reason to do it himself.

Edit: this is my response for now, but there's so much to untangle here. :D

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

If the stone is returned before Nebula's capture, then Thanos never learns about the time travelling Avengers and has no reason to do it himself.

Wait what? How does that prevent Thanos from picking up on the signal from Nebula and figuring out what the Avengers were up to? The stone had nothing to do with that, Nebula traveling back to that moment is what triggered the event.

To go back to Loki, so we see a young Sylvie happily living in Asgard. So maybe this kills my theory about who she is. But why not remove her at birth? I guess the TVA can only act once they can detect a nexus event, which means that the first years of Sylvie's life meant nothing to any timeline. Something was starting to happen, though, then. Unlike Loki's immediate capture, since he was still on about ruling Earth and he immediately was trying to do something. However, what about Sylvie's parents, they must have continued to remember her.

Does pruning send one in an area of the quantum realm from there is no escape? But what about pruning an entire timeline. Maybe the power of various infinity stones is used to prune someone. We see yellow/orange/purple colors for the prune devices, and the sticks are yellowish. 

I thought given what we saw of Loki it was clear that 'pruning' doesn't do that at all - it puts them in some sort of horrible holding place. So Mobius isn't gone, no one is, and all those pruned timelines are put into that spot in some weird junk pile of time.

Also, totally unrelated but I love this picture

+

15 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

3 Loki's? Is the black guy a Thor then?

I would think so.  Is the alligator a Loki?  Richard Grant’s costume is almost the comic to a tee.

52 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Am I crazy or is a ruined Avengers tower visible in that final shot of the three Loki's? 

Yup, that’s  what it looks like to me too.

My guess is, guy on the right is classic Loki (Richard E Grant, is so awesome), guy in the middle is kid Loki, guy on the left is Thor Loki (as in a hero Loki worthy of Mjollnir). To be honest, I'm more curious on the place of of them are in.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

By Loki rules, he doesn’t have a timeline. It gets pruned. There’s only the sacred timeline.

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

To go back to Loki, so we see a young Sylvie happily living in Asgard. So maybe this kills my theory about who she is. But why not remove her at birth? I guess the TVA can only act once they can detect a nexus event, which means that the first years of Sylvie's life meant nothing to any timeline. Something was starting to happen, though, then. Unlike Loki's immediate capture, since he was still on about ruling Earth and he immediately was trying to do something. However, what about Sylvie's parents, they must have continued to remember her.

It was satisfying seeing characters asking the same questions we are, although I’m still not sure this is heading somewhere that might make sense. Sylvie asked ‘what was my Nexus event?’, which seems an odd question if your whole existence is divergent. I just don’t see how her life can mean nothing to any timeline, if she existed as a child and so did Loki, then there must have been two timelines for as many years as she was old. That doesn’t sound like something the TVA can let slide for so long, surely that would red line way before the scene we saw?

On Kang: how much of this theory rested on him looking a bit like one of the timekeepers, who just turned out to be an android? We’ve Mephistoed again haven’t we?

Wow there seems to be a lot to cover in two remaining episodes. Okay some of it will probably end up in more detail in a potential season 2 - the Loki Limbo in particular I think must be more set-up than meat of the plot- but even with that. 

39 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

By Loki rules, he doesn’t have a timeline. It gets pruned. There’s only the sacred timeline.

It was satisfying seeing characters asking the same questions we are, although I’m still not sure this is heading somewhere that might make sense. Sylvie asked ‘what was my Nexus event?’, which seems an odd question if your whole existence is divergent. I just don’t see how her life can mean nothing to any timeline, if she existed as a child and so did Loki, then there must have been two timelines for as many years as she was old. That doesn’t sound like something the TVA can let slide for so long, surely that would red line way before the scene we saw?

On Kang: how much of this theory rested on him looking a bit like one of the timekeepers, who just turned out to be an android? We’ve Mephistoed again haven’t we?

The difference with Kang is that he was already cast and is confirmed to be appearing in the movies

Hiddleston and his counterpart are just so charismatic. Di Martino has been delightful. I love that they're just going for it that Mr Narcissist is finally smitten and it's his own female counterpart. Is it incestuous or just incredibly egotistical! Who cares! I honestly thought he was going to hug her and say "I never had a sister who wasn't trying to murder the universe!" but they went for it.

8 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Y'know, the TVA must be a real busy bee hive 'cause it's not unreasonable to suppose every living being in the universe and/or multiverse must have their own variants; and the variants would have their own variants and so on so forth...

Variants aren't a problem. Variants that jeopardize the sacred timeline are. Most of the time these multiversal timelines don't matter in the least - billions of Lokis doing their own thing, dying in spectacularly stupid ways, and that timeline doesn't interfere.

But sometimes, a timeline does interfere with the Sacred one - someone invents time travel, or some other way of manipulating other universes, or something like that - and sometimes IN THOSE cases they might do something that screws with the Sacred timeline. 

Archived