80s cartoons and their reboots/remakes/continuations

Mosi Mynn

This looks simply, ridiculously AWESOME!  

Masters of the Universe: Revelation. (Can't figure out how to embed videos)

And what a cast!

The washed-out Thunder Cats re-boot years ago was very disappointing, and I love that they have kept the 80s colours for this.  

I wasn't sure if it warranted its own thread, so I lumped in with all of our favourite cartoons from the 80s.

Ulysses 31 next?

8 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

This looks simply, ridiculously AWESOME!  

Masters of the Universe: Revelation. (Can't figure out how to embed videos)

And what a cast!

The washed-out Thunder Cats re-boot years ago was very disappointing, and I love that they have kept the 80s colours for this.  

I wasn't sure if it warranted its own thread, so I lumped in with all of our favourite cartoons from the 80s.

Ulysses 31 next?

I didn't know that I needed Luke Skywalker as Skeletor in my life but it seems I did.

MASK, tried to rewatch it for nostalgy reasons a couple of years ago. Let's just say, that one didn't age too well, and I was knocked out of my nostalgy delusions rather quick. I think I didn't make it through the first ep.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

I didn't know that I needed Luke Skywalker as Skeletor in my life but it seems I did.

With Batman (Conroy) as Mer-Man to boot.

32 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

MASK, tried to rewatch it for nostalgy reasons a couple of years ago. Let's just say, that one didn't age too well, and I was knocked out of my nostalgy delusions rather quick. I think I didn't make it through the first ep.

When my parents downsized a few years ago, we found all our old toys, including MASK. I had forgotten how cool they were. My kids all but ignored my Star Wars and GI Joe toys, but really dug the MASK ones.

6 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

The “Back after 40 years” bit hit me hard. Feels like just the other day that it was my favourite TV show.

I feel that.

There are generations who might not have seen He-Man!  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Awesome trailer for Masters of the Universe  

That was fun.

Im a bit confused though.  I had assumed it was a brand new series/reboot.  But that almost felt like it was a continuation of a prior story?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

That was fun.

Im a bit confused though.  I had assumed it was a brand new series/reboot.  But that almost felt like it was a continuation of a prior story?

Kevin Smith says it is a direct sequel to the '80s series.

Archived