Sign in to follow this  
Mosi Mynn

80s cartoons and their reboots/remakes/continuations

This looks simply, ridiculously AWESOME!  

Masters of the Universe: Revelation. (Can't figure out how to embed videos)

And what a cast!

The washed-out Thunder Cats re-boot years ago was very disappointing, and I love that they have kept the 80s colours for this.  

I wasn't sure if it warranted its own thread, so I lumped in with all of our favourite cartoons from the 80s.

Ulysses 31 next?

8 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

This looks simply, ridiculously AWESOME!  

Masters of the Universe: Revelation. (Can't figure out how to embed videos)

And what a cast!

The washed-out Thunder Cats re-boot years ago was very disappointing, and I love that they have kept the 80s colours for this.  

I wasn't sure if it warranted its own thread, so I lumped in with all of our favourite cartoons from the 80s.

Ulysses 31 next?

I didn't know that I needed Luke Skywalker as Skeletor in my life but it seems I did.

Is that the Kevin Smith one? Yeah, I'll give it a go.

I wouldn't mind a MASK reboot, if we're going through them all.

MASK, tried to rewatch it for nostalgy reasons a couple of years ago. Let's just say, that one didn't age too well, and I was knocked out of my nostalgy delusions rather quick. I think I didn't make it through the first ep.

Very 80s. Love the music. 

30 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I didn't know that I needed Luke Skywalker as Skeletor in my life but it seems I did.

All I could hear was the Joker.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

With Batman (Conroy) as Mer-Man to boot.

32 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

MASK, tried to rewatch it for nostalgy reasons a couple of years ago. Let's just say, that one didn't age too well, and I was knocked out of my nostalgy delusions rather quick. I think I didn't make it through the first ep.

When my parents downsized a few years ago, we found all our old toys, including MASK. I had forgotten how cool they were. My kids all but ignored my Star Wars and GI Joe toys, but really dug the MASK ones.

Yeah, I don't remember the actual cartoon all that well, but the toys were awesome. You had transforming vehicles, and the little guys each had their own cool masks that they wore! Covid ready and kickass!

In the end the Netflix Voltron series disappointed me greatly, but I thought the She-Ra series was great.

Will watch this series.

6 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

The “Back after 40 years” bit hit me hard. Feels like just the other day that it was my favourite TV show.

I feel that.

There are generations who might not have seen He-Man!  :lol:

I see your meme and raise you:

5 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Awesome trailer for Masters of the Universe  

That was fun.

Im a bit confused though.  I had assumed it was a brand new series/reboot.  But that almost felt like it was a continuation of a prior story?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

That was fun.

Im a bit confused though.  I had assumed it was a brand new series/reboot.  But that almost felt like it was a continuation of a prior story?

Kevin Smith says it is a direct sequel to the '80s series.

Also, is it just me or does She-Ra/the Sorceress appear to get a bigger slice of the action than in the original series, where they were very much supporting characters to He-Man?