Acrophobia #42 - Dear John and Jane Letters

Fragile Bird

37 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Boop. Are we still going forward with this at all? 

I'm wondering the same. I hope everything is all right with the Bird.

ROUND ONE VOTING

Vote for your favorite 3 responses to the question, what did Cat say in her Dear John letter to Ned!

1.   Bastard out! Too blatantly betrayed!

2.   Yeah right. Chivalrous Starfall Appointment?

3.   Wylla? Ashara? Shame!

4.   Treasuring your tiny darling? Men are traitors!

5.   You recreant cruel schmuck. Adios.

6.   Bastard! On, toward better bachelors.

You have until Friday, July 11th at 11:00 PM EST to get your vote in.

Thanks for your patience, everyone! I really am rusty at doing all this!

I will post the next round in the morning, once I have brewed up the letters. But to whet your interest, the parties will be Renly and...and... I'm not sure yet.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Sadly I'm really busy so I won't be playing this time but I hope no one objects when I vote.

1) 3 Wylla? Ashara? Shame!

2)  2 Yeah right. Chivalrous Starfall Appointment?

3) 4 Treasuring your tiny darling? Men are traitors!

I'm sorry you aren't playing! Join in when you can, if you can. :) 

ROUND TWO ASSIGNMENT

Renly Baratheon and Loras Tyrell were lovers, a relationship doomed by the Red Woman's magic, conjured up at the request of Renly's own brother. Their affair was more or less secret ("we prayed together"), a situation that must have been stressful on both of them. How does an underling break off an affair with their liege lord? What could Loras possibly say in his Dear John letter to Renly?

Here are your letters to create some thoughts on that subject:

RND

ATCYW

HRMIGMC

And what would life be without some bonus letters?

TRLIA

I meant to post this morning, but I slept in (insomnia has reared it's head) and then I had to go get my second Pfizer shot (hooray!) but when I got there the government did a bait-and-switch, offering only Moderna. Now that American vaccinations have slowed to a trickle, the company, which consistently failed to deliver vaccines for months, has now dumped millions and millions of doses on Canada and the government is encouraging us all to mix vaccines. Most Canadians have been vaccinated with Pfizer because Pfizer delivered, but now that Moderna is unloading vaccine on us, Pfizer is having mysterious delivery problems. (Am I being too cynical?) Anyway, I'm still trying to find someplace, anyplace, where I can get a second Pfizer shot. "sighs". So I didn't feel like posting.

The deadline is the same as the voting deadline, Friday, July 11th at 11:00 PM EST, but if you need more time, just ask for it.

ROUND ONE RESULTS

How did you like the reasons Cat mentioned in her Dear John letter to Ned?

1.   Bastard out! Too blatantly betrayed! Castellan (1+1+2+1=5)

2.   Yeah right. Chivalrous Starfall Appointment? AssHat Ahai (1+1+3+3+3+3+2+2=18+3=21)

3.   Wylla? Ashara? Shame! Dolorous Gabe (1+1+3+3+2+2+1=13)

4.   Treasuring your tiny darling? Men are traitors! Julia H. (1+1+3+2+1+1=9)

5.   You recreant cruel schmuck. Adios. Lilac & Gooseberries (1+1+2+1+1=6)

6.   Bastard! On, toward better bachelors. RhaenysBee (1+1+3+2+1+1=9)

Standings

I am going to take a leaf out of Gabe's book and I am going to give everyone a 5 point starting bonus, for a couple of reasons. First, you've been patient with rusty me, and second, even though it's a small group you all showed up and put in great entries!

1.  AssHat Ahai  21+5=26

2.  Dolorous Gabe  13+5=18

3.  Julia H.  9+5=14

3.  RhaenysBee  9+5=14

5.  Lilac & Gooseberries  6+5=11

6.  Castellan  5+5=10

Sure looks like chivalry is the name of the game! Not!? Congrats for the great start, AssHat Ashai! But watch out for Dolorous Gabe, Julia H. and RhaenysBee right behind, and Lilac & Gooseberries and Castellan too, this is only Round 1.

ROUND THREE ASSIGNMENT

Let's try a Dear Jane letter for this round. Stannis Baratheon has a relationship with The Red Woman, Melisandre, that is a wild mix of sex, hope, ambition, manipulation and religious mania. Imagine Stannis waking up one day and realizing it has to end. Why? Fear? Disgust? A realization he's being manipulated? Can his ambition find another road to victory?

SAYG

RMANPK

LIPWCINE

And your bonus letters.

RTBFM

Let's try next Friday again. Please get your entries in by Friday, July 16th at 11:00 pm EST.

Archived