Acrophobia #42 - Dear John and Jane Letters

Fragile Bird

20 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

@L'oiseau français

The idea that came into my head was that you could give us acronyms as normal but we can reuse each letter to alliterate as much as we like before moving onto the next letter. Then we have the choice to make it as long or as short as we like (plus alliteration is fun!). Just a thought anyway.

Lol, I guess I haven’t had enough coffee today, I don’t understand. But I will post letters.

2 hours ago, L'oiseau français said:

Lol, I guess I haven’t had enough coffee today, I don’t understand. But I will post letters.

hahaha

Hello, a hand awaits heralding answers

Or

Hello, have heart! An answer awaits, hearken heedfully: are all here agreeable? Against?

15 hours ago, L'oiseau français said:

ROUND SEVEN ASSIGNMENT

I'm sure you've all been asking yourselves, who could the final couple be? You're probably exchanging messages, laying bets on the final names, and....

*snaps awake out of dreamland*

I figured the final couple had to be Cersei and her darling brother, Jaime. There's so much material to work with, and so many times one or the other said to themselves, this is it, I'm done. 

You may recall that at the start I was telling rocksniffer about the theme and he asked, geez, how many letters are you going to have to give to do a Dear John letter? I have to admit, you have all risen to the challenge and have provided some wonderful responses, sometimes using very few letters. And I understand a certain amount of fatigue has set in, so maybe I should have done this a few rounds ago. But in our very first round someone sent me a sort of rambling, stream-of thought response using all the different letter sets and some of them several times, to do a pretty good letter.

My question to you is, would you like to do that, to save yourselves from boredom? I'll give letters and you can use them as many times as you want, as many sets as you want, to do a letter. Or maybe I should say you can use each set twice, and I'll give 5 sets of letters. 

Or at this point in time, is that asking too much of you? Do you want to try doing a letter, or just one phrase as we've done so far?

Its an interesting idea. I think it will be a real test of dedication and persistence where the more effort put in will be rewarded and thus does not truly appeal to me as I am lazy but I am quite prepared to give it a go.

Can we put the sets in any order in the answer?

Alright, guys, I am going to give you lots of letters. Use as many or as few as you want. Just use them, or try what Gabe suggests.

KIG                   HSFY            

BNP                  MNLC

EJH                   CBIP

JBGBW              FEWCVP

ACLIB                EIEPTR

YADNKCD

NSFNSFG

I have no bonus letters this time. To me this looks like a dog's breakfast. Work your magic!

I will tentatively suggest Sunday, August 18th as a deadline, but let's see how it goes. 

Good luck, mes amis!

Hmmm, maybe too much choice? :dunno:

This is an experiment.

6 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

Try your hand at this last assignment.

I cannot, it would require commitment.

6 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

I'm already seeing great responses!

also, the standard seems to be set not for the awful standard stuff I am forcing to exist, as an overall current goal :ninja: 

59 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

Try your hand at this last assignment, I’m already seeing great responses!

goodness, some people are quick. I have fallen into despond after looking the letters once. They didn't make a sentence straightaway!

45 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

also, the standard seems to be set not for the awful standard stuff I am forcing to exist, as an overall current goal :ninja: 

does this mean you are trying to integrate into the greater community or something?

or do you mean you are the new chairperson of the conspiracy of mediocrity?

11 hours ago, Castellan said:

does this mean you are trying to integrate into the greater community or something?

or do you mean you are the new chairperson of the conspiracy of mediocrity?

mediocrity requires a lot of precision and terrible commitment, I cannot be anyone for that long :ninja:  

On 8/10/2021 at 11:39 PM, L'oiseau français said:

will tentatively suggest Sunday, August 18th as a deadline, but let's see how it goes. 

I came to check how late I am to this round, but I can’t tell :lol: August 18th is a Wednesday. So is it Wednesday or Sunday? And if Sunday, is it today or next Sunday? :D 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I came to check how late I am to this round, but I can’t tell :lol: August 18th is a Wednesday. So is it Wednesday or Sunday? And if Sunday, is it today or next Sunday? :D 

You passed the test!

Let’s make it Wednesday then!

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, it is Sunday 18th of August

The question is, will there be a book to read by then?

Archived