Acrophobia #42 - Dear John and Jane Letters

Fragile Bird

ROUND SEVEN VOTING

What would Cersei say to Jaime and what would Jaime say to Cersei?

I suggested you could use one set of letters, like in a regular round, or use many sets of letters. Dolorous Gabe suggested you could use one set and just repeat letters. All three methods have been used, and all are perfectly fine!

1.   Sweet brother
Handless, selfish, FOOL! You’re mad! “Now let’s couple for ever, wed!” Children valueless, perhaps? Craving beheading? Is protection just boring? Get back, white knight. I’m giving brand new position - away commanding loyally in battle.

HSFY MNLC FEWCVP CBIP JBGBW KIG BNP ACLIB

2.  "Sweet" sister,

How shitty for you, a clawless lioness in bonds. You abused deeply, nonchalantly; kept courting disaster. Even I expected people to realise, myself. Now look! Cavorting Kettleblacks in guard? Hold strong, face your justice, be golden; because we're finished, even with court victory. Please become new person.

HSFY ACLIB YADNKCD EIEPTR MNLC KIG HSFY JBGBW FEWCVP BNP

3.  Dear Disappointing Valonqar,

Your appendage doesn't negate kinky coitus, dipshit...honestly! Sadly failed your mangled nub's lusty capabilities. Bye now, prude!

YADNKCD HSFY MNLC BNP

4.  Cersei, 

bitterly imparting predicament. Hearsay suggests for years your affection’s diminished. Naysayers’ keen cast discerns a cousin, Lancel, inhabiting bedchamber, Kettleblack’s indulgent gains. Moonboy’s name’s listed correspondingly…
 Enough! I endure pretending, tattle, Robert... But now promiscuity? Enough. 

Jaime,
humbly.

CBIP HSFY YADNKCD ACLIB KIG MNLC EIEPTR BMP EJH

5.  My Dearest brother and lover from the same mother:

Keeping kinky Kettleblack Kingsguard. I’m immediately interrupting incestuous involvement. I insist. It’s immoral. Goodbye gorgeous golden-haired, golden-handed gentleman.

KIG

Must.

Not.

Love,

Cersei.

MNLC

7.  Dear Sister,

Best not pretend: Jaime betrayed gallant brotherhood, while Cersei betrayed incestuous partnership - mated nervous little cousin. Not so faithful, never seriously faithful! Grr…

Your affected, detestable, nauseating “king’s consort” demeanour encouraged Joffrey’s histrionics. Applying cowardly lies intensified bitterness. Elusive illusions ending, persistent trauma remains.

Knighthood inspires greatness*, however, so farewell.

Yours

*Finally emulating wholesome, committed, virtuous principles.

BNP JBGBW CBIP MNLC NSFNSFG YADNKCD EJH ACLIB EIEPTR KIG HSFY FEWCVP

Okay, guys! You know the routine! For the final time this game, please vote for your favorite 3 entries. :) 

It's Tuesday today, and since only voting is involved, I assume asking for votes by Friday, August 27th, is enough time, but if not, if you're so torn, Sunday will do. Maybe not everyone looks every day?

I have to say, this has been fun, even though being host is like herding those proverbial cats.  :spank:

But you've all be very good kitties!

On 8/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, L'oiseau français said:

I have to say, this has been fun, even though being host is like herding those proverbial cats.  :spank:

Its very nice of you to put up with us felines.

ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

What would Cersei say to Jaime and what would Jaime say to Cersei?

I suggested you could use one set of letters, like in a regular round, or use many sets of letters. Dolorous Gabe suggested you could use one set and just repeat letters. All three methods have been used, and all are perfectly fine!

1.   Sweet brother
Handless, selfish, FOOL! You’re mad! “Now let’s couple for ever, wed!” Children valueless, perhaps? Craving beheading? Is protection just boring? Get back, white knight. I’m giving brand new position - away commanding loyally in battle. 

Castellan  1+1+(1.5+1)+2+1=7.5

2.  "Sweet" sister,

How shitty for you, a clawless lioness in bonds. You abused deeply, nonchalantly; kept courting disaster. Even I expected people to realise, myself. Now look! Cavorting Kettleblacks in guard? Hold strong, face your justice, be golden; because we're finished, even with court victory. Please become new person.

Dolorous Gabe   1+1+(1.5+1)+2+2+2+1=11.5

3.  Dear Disappointing Valonqar,

Your appendage doesn't negate kinky coitus, dipshit...honestly! Sadly failed your mangled nub's lusty capabilities. Bye now, prude!

rocksniffer   1+1+3=5

4.  Cersei, 

bitterly imparting predicament. Hearsay suggests for years your affection’s diminished. Naysayers’ keen cast discerns a cousin, Lancel, inhabiting bedchamber, Kettleblack’s indulgent gains. Moonboy’s name’s listed correspondingly…
 Enough! I endure pretending, tattle, Robert... But now promiscuity? Enough. 

Jaime,
humbly.

RhaenysBee   1+1+2+1+1=6

5.  My Dearest brother and lover from the same mother:

Keeping kinky Kettleblack Kingsguard. I’m immediately interrupting incestuous involvement. I insist. It’s immoral. Goodbye gorgeous golden-haired, golden-handed gentleman.

AssHat Ahai   1+1+3+3+2+1=11+2=13

6.  Must. Not. Love, Cersei.

Lilac & Gooseberries   1+1+3+3+2+1+1=12+2=14

7.  Dear Sister,

Best not pretend: Jaime betrayed gallant brotherhood, while Cersei betrayed incestuous partnership - mated nervous little cousin. Not so faithful, never seriously faithful! Grr…

Your affected, detestable, nauseating “king’s cnsort” demeanour encouraged Joffrey’s histrionics. Applying cowardly lies intensified bitterness. Elusive illusions ending, persistent trauma remains.

Knighthood inspires greatness*, however, so farewell.

Yours

*Finally emulating wholesome, committed, virtuous principles.

Julia H.   1+1+3+3+1=9+2=11

FINAL STANDINGS

1.  AssHat Ahai  91+13=104*

2.  Julia H.  82+11=93*

3.  Castellan  84+7.5=91.5

4.  Dolorous Gabe  66+11.5=77.5

5.  Lilac & Gooseberries  41+14=55**

6.  RhaenysBee  48+6=54

7.  rocksniffer  23+5=28

8.  Ser Not Appearing  24+1=25

9.  a free shadow  9+1=10

10.  Howlin' Howland  7

Congratulations to AssHat Ahai, for a stellar game and some interesting risk taking! Julia H. made it up to 2nd place but the Hat was too far ahead. We could have had a second place tie, but because of the vote split by SNA, Castellan slipped into 3rd. I thought Dolorous Gabe would get more votes, but what I'm probably missing is more players. Congratulations to Lilac & Gooseberries on the first place tie but also for winning the round with a simple but effective entry! I liked RhaenysBee's entry too, again, we needed more players and voters. SNA disappeared on vacation, and so cheated the 'sniffer out of his beloved last place. And a big thanks to both shadow and Howlin' for the voting they did!

Annnnnd, I have a confession to make. For the last several games I've hosted I've given bonus letters. The bonus letters came from an entry I wrote each time. I was always curious to see if anyone would come up with something similar, and for the first time ever someone did. rocksniffer. Then lo and behold, AssHat Ashai did as well, but it was too late, the 'sniffer already took the entry. And holy smokes, along comes shadow all suspicious-like and saying "it comes immediately, almost as if it were placed there".

That entry was "I hate the sound of your voice", for poor old Lyanna to Rhaegar.

The other ones were:

1.  Catelyn to Ned:  Because of that bloody bastard! BOTBB

2.  Loras to Renly:  The rainbow lost it's appeal.  TRLIA

3.  Stannis to Melisandre:  Red's too black for me.  RTBFM

4.  A lady to Tyrion:  Everything about you is too small! EAYITS

5.  Lyanna to Rhaegar

6.  Mellario to Doran:  You have your heirs, I'm going home! YHYHIGH

The "I'm going home" thought was picked up. 

7.  No bonus letters

Of course, now that I've revealed my secret, I can't do it anymore.

Archived