Acrophobia #42 - Dear John and Jane Letters

Fragile Bird

8 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Should we invent a new game, a game someone would like to host? :ninja:

I have an idea that falls somewhere between philia and phobia. Perhaps we could call it "Acrophoria". It is based one one of my favorite old threads which I can no longer find on here: Ask Stannis. You ask King Stannis a question, (think Dear Abby) and he gives you priceless life advice as only he can. We could have everyone pose one or more questions, and each round players would get a list of letters to form his answer. The topic selection could be based on player picks or host picks. I suppose the host could even come up with the Ask Stannis questions, but that is half the fun. The old thread had a fun mix of real-life modern dilemmas and asoiaf plot clarifications. If anyone thinks they can turn this into a philia game, more power to them. Just a thought.

How about this: The host gives a very vague, generalized topic. Each player writes King Stannis an inquiry asking his advice on the subject. A list of letters is provided and each player must answer someone else's inquiry using those letters. Points would be awarded for the person whose inquiry got the most answers, and we could vote for the favorite Stannis response as well.

18 hours ago, AssHat Ahai said:

How about this: The host gives a very vague, generalized topic. Each player writes King Stannis an inquiry asking his advice on the subject. A list of letters is provided and each player must answer someone else's inquiry using those letters. Points would be awarded for the person whose inquiry got the most answers, and we could vote for the favorite Stannis response as well.

I would play.

It's a good idea, I'd be happy to play the simpler version. If you began by asking each player to send you two questions to Stannis, you could select one from each person to make a varied set and use one each round, so we were all answering the same question. That's basically acrophobia I think. At the end you could throw in a vote on the best question, as well.

The second version is a bigger departure it seems more like the original Ask Stannis thread but with points. It took me a while to work out what you were suggesting but actually it might be fun.

• 1 month later...

Archived