Acrophobia #42 - Dear John and Jane Letters

Fragile Bird

When I run one of these things, the worst thing is the tallying up. And if it's a big crowd, chasing down entries. No problem here! Probably because I'm not playing, and I'm always notoriously late. :lol:

I am posting everything now.

ROUND THREE RESULTS

So how did you all feel about the reasons why Stannis the Mannis might want to break it off with Melisandre?

1.  Red Temptress Begone From Me.  Castellan  1+1+15 (3x5)+2+2=21+3=24*

2.   Look, I’ll persevere without crown. Infidelity now ends.  RhaenysBee  1+1+2+1=5

3.   Red Magic Angel. No. Procreation kaput.  Lilac & Gooseberries  1+1+1+1=4

4.   Lady, in partnership we can include nothing erotic.  Julia H.  1+1+8 (2x4)+1=11

5.   Rumoured to be fossilized - Mannis  Dolorous Gabe  1+1+3=5

6.   Look, it's probably wrong. Can I nix erotica?  Ser Not Appearing  1+1+1+1=4

7.   Learned in psychotherapy, weakened character invited negative energy.  AssHat Ahai  1+1+3+3+2+1+1=12

Standings

1.  Castellan  31+24=55+5=60

2.  AssHat Ahai  33+12=45+5=50

3.  Julia H.  24+11=35+5=40

4.  Dolorous Gabe  25+5=30+5=35 

5.  Lilac & Gooseberries  20+4=24+5=29

6.  RhaenysBee  17+5=22+5=27

7.  Ser Not Appearing   4+5=9

8.  Howlin' Howland  7

9.  a free shadow  1+5=6

We once again had a runaway choice, one that has resulted in a leadership change, Castellan now getting ahead of AssHat Ahai. But this does not mean others of you can't do exactly that the next time around! Julia H. has nosed ahead of Dolorous Gabe, and Lilac & Gooseberries and RhaenysBee are following on. And we added a new player! Welcome back Ser Not Appearing! I was waiting for Howlin' Howland to vote, but I guess he didn't have the time, but a free shadow managed to get in her votes, thank-you very much!

As you may have noticed, I added 5 bonus points to all your scores. I find when there's a very popular entry, other entries don't get all the love they should get. Thank-you, Dolorous Gabe, for coming up with this concept. It was you, right? I almost feel guilty for giving the top entrant the 5 points, but fair is fair. Howlin' did not get 5 points because he didn't vote this round, and shadow did. Gabe, does that seem right?

ROUND FOUR VOTING

I asked you to consider what the three women in Tyrion Lannister's life might say to him when they tell him to hit the road, Tysha, Shae or Sansa. Let's see what you've come up with!

1.   Your Dad’s funding me. Have fallen very in love. - Shae

2.   You don’t fulfil my hopes for valiant, ideal lover. - Sansa

3.   Eagerly awaiting your ineluctable tragedy. Sincerely. - Sansa

4.   Essos, Tyrion. I'm going. - Tysha

5.   “Lady”. Elevated, titled, ladeda! My destiny! - Shae

6.   Your dad f***s more heartily. Facts vindicate, itty-bitty lion. - Shae

7.   Every time I groaned. - Shae

Please pick your top three choices by Friday, July 30th, by 11:00 pm EDT.  

Thank-you, and good luck!

ROUND FIVE ASSIGNMENT

How about some history? How about really changing history? What if Lyanna told the silver-haired, silver-tongued Rhaegar to hit the road? Yes, yes, Robert Baratheon thought she had been kidnapped, maybe history wouldn't have changed because he would indeed have kidnapped her, but imagine Lyanna suddenly saw something in him, had cold feet for some reason, and said no.

Here are your letters, look into the mists of the past and tell us what changed Lyanna's mind:

CSRA

YMRU

ICCDJR

PISMRDK

And the bonus letters, can't forget those!

IHTSOYV

I hope these letters prove to be as fruitful as those in the other rounds! Enjoy! Kindly try to have your entries in by Friday, July 30th, by 11:00 pm EDT.

7 hours ago, L'oiseau français said:

Gabe, does that seem right?

You're in charge, nobody can tell you how to run it.

I don't know if I came up with the 5pt bonus concept. I don't recall who did.

Being honest, I prefer to use it when I think the standard is so uniformly high that some good ones don't get enough love. And continuing the honesty I thought all the entries were very uninspired for Stannis :pirate:

These new ones are a massive improvement though. A genuinely great round.

Archived