Match Day 1 Euro 2020

Figured it would be appropriate to have a thread for each match day, to include all games.

So apparently the Denmark-Finland game is set to resume following the good news that Christian Eriksen is at the hospital and he's in stable condition.

The players are currently warming up, and they'll play the remaining few minutes of the first half, have a quick break, and continue with the 2nd half.

15 minutes ago, Bale's Bald Spot said:

The players have decided they want to finish the match, and Eriksen is stable in hospital. I don't see what the issue is as long as everyone involved is happy to continue.

I'm sure many felt pressured to do so, while others wanted to play for their teammate, but sometimes you have to take it out of the players hands. An hour ago people were speculating if a player died on the pitch. I think it would have been better to call it a draw and end play for the day.

I'd say that the thing that separates Schmeichel from the top keepers. 

He's solid, makes no big mistakes (and that one's not a mistake per se, it comes fast, bounces and is beside him if only just). But a top keeper keeps that one out.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Go hack the scoreboard. Maybe then you can win. :P

I would need an IP address for that. Like the IP address I have for you, Danskjävel!

Archived