NBA - What the hell is going on?

Red Tiger

If Jokic can be accused of always bleeding from his arms then Embiid can be accused of always falling down. I'm worried one of these falls is going to make his MCL tear a lot worse.

Also, given how bad Simmons is at FTs and with his size and athleticism, maybe he should start intentionally missing his second shot and go for a put back instead. 

@DMC, I blame you, but only slightly, for making me miss this epic comeback by the Hawks. Decided to go outside and smoke a bowl, then respond to you. I had the TV on mute and didn't realize they were storming back in an improbable way. 

:P

:blink:

Is there hope for the Bogdanovic match up? I thought that the Hawks went all in with a lower ceiling team, behind the Sixers, Nets and Bucks, but could all the injuries let them in? They might be beating the Sixers regardless too, not sure what is up with Embiid's injury, but he's still putting up numbers. 

I'm so glad I'm not a gambler. I knew Trae Young would put up big numbers in the regular season, but I thought he'd hit a wall with playoff defense. I thought Philly would handle them easily. 

This whole playoffs has been some random great games mired in nonstop injury What Ifs. I truly have no idea who will be in the Finals. 

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm so glad I'm not a gambler. I knew Trae Young would put up big numbers in the regular season, but I thought he'd hit a wall with playoff defense. I thought Philly would handle them easily. 

This whole playoffs has been some random great games mired in nonstop injury What Ifs. I truly have no idea who will be in the Finals. 

Yeah seriously. I'm not ready to count out the 76ers but didn't think Atlanta would be able to take 3 games. Didn't think they'd take even 2 games minus a major Philly injury. 

These playoffs have definitely been a weird ride.

Case in point tonight! Kawhi goes down, surely series to Utah, right? Well Playoff P is actually playing well, and Mitchell is ice cold. Then again 3 minutes left and Jazz have momentum,  whi knows.

Thus has to be the weirdest playoffs ever? Makes the Bubble seem pedestrian.

I really didn't like the last 3 threes that Donovan took. The Jazz had more players score in the double digits than the Clippers and he should have passed it more.. he didn't need to try and do it all himself which is what the last couple minutes felt like. Would have had Bogdanovic or Ingles take a couple of shots instead. 

I don't know about that. The shots with the clock running down aside, that's kind of the shots he's been taking and making. And Bogdanovic and Ingles have had their tries. The Jazz just went cold and the Clippers were leaving it to O'Neale to beat them. He could have taken more threes than he did too. 

And they'd be in a better position if they hit a couple more free throws. 

26 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Ugh.  We’re really getting Nets v Clippers aren’t we?!!?

If the Clippers beat the Jazz and Suns without Kawhi, they deserve a championship.  But they won't. 

That said, I am growing increasingly resigned to a Nets title, quite possibly in boring, one-sided fashion. 

7 hours ago, Maithanet said:

That said, I am growing increasingly resigned to a Nets title, quite possibly in boring, one-sided fashion. 

I’m still not sure the Bucks are done. I think they’ll win tonight because KD has to be gassed and Harden is clearly limited.

In other news, Carlisle has reigned as the Mavs coach. What the hell is going on over there?

I woulda never thought the year *after* the Bubble would be even weirder. 

Donnie and Carlisle were going to go on a bro-holiday with Luka to Slovenia! I was just reading about that, like, three days ago. Now both are out. 

Zions in the news wanting out of NO, no shock there.

I don't feel bad for NBA owners, but man is it a players league now. You don't hear Drew Brees wanting a trade because he isn't getting his chosen receiver buddy on the Saints. Throw on all this insane poor luck of injury decimation and 2021 kinda sucks. 

This story is getting weirder. Carlisle says he still wants to coach and is looking towards his next opportunity. What coach leaves a position with a top 5ish player, and a young one at that, for another destination? 

Something is really wrong behind the scenes. 

Apparently Luka is running the show in Dallas. Interesting. 

As for the injury stuff - 

In response to James' tweets, NBA spokesman Mike Bass said in a statement: "Injury rates were virtually the same this season as they were during the 2019-20 season while starter-level and All-Star players missed games due to injury at similar rates as the last three seasons. While injuries are an unfortunate reality of our game, we recognize the enormous sacrifices NBA players and teams have made to play through this pandemic."

Archived