NBA - What the hell is going on?

Red Tiger

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

There are a ton of quotes out there, from directly at the time, in which people argued why Melo should be taken over LeBron just like there are about maybe building a team around Howard over LeBron.

Except the only quote you provide doesn't even say Melo should be drafted over LeBron, just that the latter would struggle as a rookie.  I'd say nice try, but it's really more pathetic.

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

Except the only quote you provide doesn't even say Melo should be drafted over LeBron, just that the latter would struggle as a rookie.  I'd say nice try, but it's really more pathetic.

I provided one from a source I really like, who isn't an empty suit or talking head. If you recall when we first discussed this I cited Mike D'antoni, who thought Darko would be better than both LeBron and Melo.

Does anyone here really think they know the game of basketball better than him? Really?

14 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm trying to figure out what this game is going to look like when Trae gets his shots going?

No way he's not gonna get some more buckets soon.

Eta: Trae is dishing amazingly though.

That he is, it’s like watching two prizefighters exchange haymakers with these lasers into the paint for dunks

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I provided one from a source I really like, who isn't an empty suit or talking head.

Dan Le Batard is the very definition of a talking head.  I'd say empty suit as well, but that's just being mean.  As for D'Antoni preferring Darko, that was my point in the "discussion" we had previously - that if anyone it was Darko that was the one being hyped and debated with LeBron.  So, thanks for the support!

I haven't watched much of the Sixers, but has Simmons always been so passive? He botched a fast break, isn't going for any rebounds, doesn't drive with the ball, doesn't cut off the ball, and being a statue in the paint doesn't space the court. He looked better one or two years ago cutting back door and getting free dunks. At this point, he's maybe contributing less than Porzingis did with the Mavs.

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

Dan Le Batard is the very definition of a talking head.  I'd say empty suit as well, but that's just being mean.  As for D'Antoni preferring Darko, that was my point in the "discussion" we had previously - that if anyone it was Darko that was the one being hyped and debated with LeBron.  So, thanks for the support!

Have to strongly disagree, given that he specifically wants to mock talking heads. 

And that was the only credible person I could find championing Darko. There was literally no one else, whereas I could mind several credible people saying that Melo over LeBron was something to consider. It wasn't even close finding pro-Melo arguments over pro-Darko ones. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Have to strongly disagree, given that he specifically wants to mock talking heads. 

Your whining has crossed from pathetic to funny again.  Dan Le Batard isn't a talking head....Reminds me of this:

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Your whining has crossed from pathetic to funny again.  Dan Le Batard isn't a talking head....Reminds me of this:

Lol, does whining mean being right to you, because I've literally met you more than halfway and proven my case, meanwhile you've not backed up shit and keep saying you're right despite providing zero evidence. Literally none. I even cited more backing an argument you made, but that was just to disprove it. 

Just looked at the box score. Apparently Simmons has 8 rebounds and 13 assists. Couldn't have told from his fourth quarter performance.

And George Hill was a team worst -15. Still don't get the trade for him. He hasn't been good for awhile, that's why the Bucks let go of him. At least Danny Green still started on the past two championship winning teams. I didn't see most of the game but I reckon they should have went with Milton instead of getting him 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I even cited more backing an argument you made, but that was just to disprove it. 

The fuck are you talking about?  You cited Dan Le Batard, and that's it.  Stop acting like you "cited" anything that anyone gives a shit about.  And, you're right, I don't give two shits how many people you cite. 

Anyone with a brain knew - at the time - that LeBron was going to be better than both Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony.  Again, because apparently this is very hard for you to grasp:  Anyone with a brain knew - at the time - that LeBron was going to be better than both Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. 

You can dig up all the "citations" you want, but all it will do is demonstrate lots of people say really stupid shit on the internet.  I already knew that, thanks.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

The fuck are you talking about?  You cited Dan Le Batard, and that's it.  Stop acting like you "cited" anything that anyone gives a shit about.  And, you're right, I don't give two shits how many people you cite. 

Anyone with a brain knew - at the time - that LeBron was going to be better than both Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony.  Again, because apparently this is very hard for you to grasp:  Anyone with a brain knew - at the time - that LeBron was going to be better than both Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony. 

You can dig up all the "citations" you want, but all it will do is demonstrate lots of people say really stupid shit on the internet.  I already knew that, thanks.

No, when we first started this I asked you if you wanted links. I had several queued up and ready to go, but you specifically said you didn't want to read them. You, and only you, declined information, all while saying that actually Darko was the prospect people were talking about maybe going over LeBron (heads up, there was almost nothing backing this up, but I mentioned the best example anyways).

I agree that anyone who knows anything about basketball would take LeBron, which I have said every time that I would, but there were people with credibility, far more than you, who said they would rather have Melo. Furthermore, after 09, yes, there are again credible people who speculated that perhaps it would be better to build a team around Howard. Again I disagreed, but it wasn't a crazy opinion to have at the time.

Sure people say crazy shit on the internet, but you keep acting like I'm saying "some randos" on the interwebs had an opinion and that makes the thought valid. I have not done that it all. Pointing to professional writers and commentators who probably know more about sports than you or I is not like Trump using the rhetorical tool of "people are saying." 

Archived