NBA - What the hell is going on?

Red Tiger

Yeah the Bucks looked way too reliant on Giannis on both sides of the floor. I still don't like their coaching scheme -- they don't pass enough and I feel like they're always settling for bad/rushed shots when no one's in the paint for a rebound. The Suns are constantly passing, players are in motion all the time and there's always someone stepping up.

3 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah the Bucks looked way too reliant on Giannis on both sides of the floor. I still don't like their coaching scheme -- they don't pass enough and I feel like they're always settling bad/rushed shots when no one's in the paint for a rebound. The Suns are constantly passing, players are in motion all the time and there's always someone stepping up.

And that difference - static, uninspiring Bucks vs dynamic, exciting Suns - has to be down to coaching.

Even if the Suns lose the series, most basketball fans would prefer to watch pass-and-move offenses.  No one wants to return to the turgid isolation game of the 90s.

Okays....pretty much all Buck fans are nervous AF over whether they can mount any comeback to avoid a sweep or losing in 5.

I think they can win tonight, I'm the ultimate it's not over till it's over fan, so still clinging to the comeback prayers.

Middleton is still playing like a indecisive, shorter, Ben Simmons for this series I'm afraid. Dude needs a redemption game NOW.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Okays....pretty much all Buck fans are nervous AF over whether they can mount any comeback to avoid a sweep or losing in 5.

I think they can win tonight, I'm the ultimate it's not over till it's over fan, so still clinging to the comeback prayers.

Middleton is still playing like a indecisive, shorter, Ben Simmons for this series I'm afraid. Dude needs a redemption game NOW.

Game is tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Game is tomorrow.

My cousin is going. Hope he wears a mask given what we've seen from the Deer District.....

Suns in four or five still seems like the most likely outcome. Giannis is great, but his team is not and the injury is impacting him defensively. The other Bucks players are good, but Middleton is an inconsistent player and can't be your number two, and Holiday is proving not to be worth that trade package at all unless you think it's what made Giannis resign. Lopez also remains a matchup nightmare.

Meanwhile the Suns really do seem to have a perfectly constructed team, even if in all four rounds they played a team who had one of its top two players hurt or downright out. Paul is a great player and floor general, they have three wings, an elite scorer at all three levels and two three and D guys with versatility and a true center who can protect the rim and be an efficient offensive player.  

The Suns were down 2-1 to the Lakers before injuries turned that series, and they were able to avoid a Nets team that was clearly the best in the sport, again, because of injuries, but they are not a totally undeserving champion even if this season was kind of bullshit.

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Giannis has already made 12 free throws thru 3 quarters, Bucks up over 20. What a turnaround performance. Booker cold so far.

I don't think I've even heard Booker's name called in over an hour. 

I doubt the Bucks will win another game (I'm still not sure they'll win this one up 20 with 9 to go), but at least the team we thought they were showed up finally. 

Bucks took and made better shots, got better productivity from Holliday, and got the Suns in foul trouble on Ayton. I still thought the Suns could pull out a comeback going into the 4th but Booker sat for a lot of it. 

I have a bet with a friend (only for a pitcher of beer) that the Suns wouldn't sweep so I needed the Bucks to win today. I have another bet with a different friend that Suns win in 6. 

What I saw today was Bucks needing to win at home and Suns keeping it far closer in 3 quarters than they should have. Suns have too many players who are capable of having a night and still pass the ball better than the Bucks. Holliday stepped up today but they'll need more than that from him to win the series and the same for Middleton and the bench. I also feel like Lopez is far underutilized in a scheme where Giannis can play point outside the 3 point line and stretch the defense. 

Bucks coaching still leaves something to be desired in my opinion.

Tonight is the first game of the Finals that I don't feel like I already know who's going to win.  If the Bucks take it, we've got a real series on our hand.  If the Suns grind it out, then this year is all but over. 

7 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Tonight is the first game of the Finals that I don't feel like I already know who's going to win.  If the Bucks take it, we've got a real series on our hand.  If the Suns grind it out, then this year is all but over. 

Yeah, while I have a bet on the Suns to win overall, I was hesitant to place one last night with a friend on today's game. Giannis didn't look as injured as he might be in the last game and they really do need to take another one at home because I have little confidence of them winning in Phoenix.

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

they really do need to take another one at home because I have little confidence of them winning in Phoenix.

The bucks could win one game in Phoenix.  Very hard to imagine them winning two.

Good game so far, although the bucks are shooting terribly.  Any shot more than 5 feet is a disaster.  

17 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Good game so far, although the bucks are shooting terribly.  Any shot more than 5 feet is a disaster.  

This is why the Suns should still be the clear favorite. The Bucks outside of Giannis are rather volatile while the Suns seem to be fairly consistent when not in foul trouble.

But yeah, it's nice to have a fairly even game.

Archived