Covid-19 #34 - Alpha, Delta, It’s All Greek to Me!

Fragile Bird

I saw yesterday that so far more than 1.3 M Canadians  have agreed with the government that Pfizer and Moderna are just like Coke and Pepsi and can be used interchangeably, and have taken Moderna as a second dose to their Pfizer first.

The long term results will be interesting!

17 hours ago, Clueless Northman said:

Great job there from healthcare workers faking vaccines, letting plague rats go out in the open as if they were genuine vaccinated mindful citizens

I understand you might be angry but calling PEOPLE "plague rats" is dehumanizing and from there is a slippery slope. You should know better.

44 minutes ago, rotting sea cow said:

I understand you might be angry but calling PEOPLE "plague rats" is dehumanizing and from there is a slippery slope. You should know better.

About what I've come to expect from this forum to be honest.

Well this is interesting. Apparently the principle of the third vaccine is a heterologous approach (this is a word, as it turns out). Those who had vector based or dead virus particle based vaccine (AZ, Sputnik, Shinopharm) are recommended mRNS based one and vice versa. I suppose the idea is that an individual’s immune system should be able to combat the virus in both manners. Maybe? 

Either way, this poses a ton of questions about combined side effects and cross vaccination efficacy. 

Alas, as so many here have predicted:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/17/politics/what-matters-covid-summer/index.html

Summer is only halfway done, but the carefree Covid season is over.

Case numbers and hospitalizations are up. Vaccinations are down and the US government has labeled vaccine misinformation a "serious threat to public health."
"This is not a problem we can take years to solve," US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy told Jake Tapper after releasing a 22-page health advisory.
The White House blames Facebook, in part, and White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the platform must move faster to take down misinformation, before people see it and not after it's been posted for days. . . .

Thanks to the spreaders who refuse masks and vaccination, yet are determined to celebrate their birthdays inside, in a bar/restaurant, with many 'friends' just like then, amarite?

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well this is interesting. Apparently the principle of the third vaccine is a heterologous approach (this is a word, as it turns out). Those who had vector based or dead virus particle based vaccine (AZ, Sputnik, Shinopharm) are recommended mRNS based one and vice versa. I suppose the idea is that an individual’s immune system should be able to combat the virus in both manners. Maybe? 

Either way, this poses a ton of questions about combined side effects and cross vaccination efficacy. 

Huh.  Interesting.  There has been some testing of AZ and Pfizer combinations.  Side effects are supposed to be worse but tollerable.  And efficacy is good (although I think a combined Pfizer dosage is still better).  3 doses of Pfizer would seem like overkill, so I suppose it makes sense.  Combining Sputnik ot Sinopharm with an mRNA hasn't been tested (as far as I know).  Although, a few countries have given a mRNA more recently to those that have had Sinopharm already.

It will be interesting to see the take-up rate.  I imagine if and when cases increase significantly, some people might jump at it.  The risk may seem low right now?

I'm sure scientists will be very interested in the results either way!

Ugh. While playing cards on Friday I had to listen to two people discuss why they wouldn’t get any vaccine because they were rushed and “who knows what effect it could have in five years?”

Edit: The first Louisiana Vaccine drawing happened last week. An 80 y/o woman won $100,000. Good for her.

1 drawing for that amount each week for two more weeks , and then the $1,000,000 drawing. 

Come on Louisianians! If you won’t get the vaccine for public health reasons, at least get it for your own greed!

I will not have any contact with people who refuse to be vaccinated (obvs, this doesn't include immuno-suppressed, small children. pregnant people, and others for whom there are clear and good reasons they can't be vaccinated).

The others though, who refuse to be vaccinated, should be jailed, because they are absolutely putting the rest of us into the situations we've already been in, and endangering all the rest of us by providing vectors for the virus to mutate and taking over all the health care systems, such as these are, with their illness -- and people with cancer can't even get the treatments they need because the personnel and hospitals are overwhelmed by Them.

Archived