Sign in to follow this  
gamemodapk

What's the last thing you bought?

Posted (edited)

Recently I purchased oud perfumes amazon and This oud perfume comes in a very stylish golden bottle and that makes it even more attractive. Its smell gradually changes and make you experience the most refreshing and fresh perfume.

AND

What's the last thing you bought?

Edited by gamemodapk

Gifts for parents, some aged cheeses, fudge, black liquorice candies and a Visa gift card with his Fathers day card.

Posted (edited)

A Bottle of really good champagne for yesterday's combo birthday-and-Juneteenth party.  There were enough bottles then, brought by so many of us, for some serious toasting when the birthday cake came out -- a carrot cake! the first carrot cake all of us had eaten in at least a year and a half.

Several of the people w/in this circle, as well as being close friends for yonks, were born right around now, in the same year.  As nearly all of us brought a bottle there was a plenty.

All of us in the same smallish rooms, w/in an apartment in a pre-war high-rise, for several hours.  None of us had seen each other physically in all this time -- or anyone else. All of us have just in the last 10 days or week, just now, begun to re-enter 'the world' despite having been vaccinated for so long -- some since January and February even.  We'd all from the git go practiced severe social distancing, isolation with our families, masking, gotten vaccinated as soon as possible.  None of voted for shoggoth.  None of us will vote for Yang for mayor.  This was a gathering of the very people, of liburrrrral diversity of skin tone, gender, etc. -- and not all of them of the far right fascist internationale either,  shudder and sneer.

So there they were -- a forest of champagnes and masts of champagne flutes, and there was enough for us all to have a glass, then do the toasts, and one more glass after that!  Clearly, we are among the privileged and fortunate, and hoo howdy, did we all recognize that.  More than birthdays and Juneteenth -- the champagne was standing in for our recognition that we were all still alive, still standing, still creating, still loving our partners and families, and each other.  How more privileged than that can we get?

Edited by Zorral

Dinner. 120 Euro for a real luxury treat. I mean ordinary Chinese food for the kids and us.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Cigarettes.  And they smell really bad when you burn them.

Why do you still smoke cigs? It's like the least defensible vice, not that I'm judging.

Macy's had my desired polos on sale from $90 to $60 so I got a few, but they didn't have a pink or yellow one in my size which was a bummer. Bought a belt and a few ties too just because they were cheap, relatively speaking. 

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sounds like you're judging.

Asking, not judging. And I hope you at least have one of those cool, old school gold cigarette cases. The one from Rope is what I'd personally like to have if I smoked (putting a bunch of joints in one doesn't work exactly).

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Asking, not judging.

....you're asking me why I still smoke cigarettes?  Why do you think?  And no, I don't have some dumbass cigarette case like I'm a Bond villain.

I assume groceries aren’t what is interesting (broccoli, a pint of milk for my tea, two Lean Cuisine meals for lazy days, a small bag of avocados for my avocado toast, a small bag of mandarins, a piece of salmon to turn into gravlax, two large bottles of diet Tonic water, which I drink to help prevent leg craps at night. and two Kit Kat bars). I went to the dollar store near the cemetery where my parents are and bought four votive candles, two strips of this spiky grid thing that discourages cats from using your garden as a litter box, loop and hook tape to tie up plants, two color-changing solar lights in the shape of a rose that were dirt cheap, an in-drawer knife mat so I can lay out my knives and hopefully prevent myself from getting cut, and a silicone bottle washing brush.

23 minutes ago, DMC said:

....you're asking me why I still smoke cigarettes?  Why do you think?  And no, I don't have some dumbass cigarette case like I'm a Bond villain.

Just don't know many our age who still do, especially given it's an empty vice.

And James Stewart as a Bond villain, that would be a funny sight to see., 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just don't know many our age who still do, especially given it's an empty vice.

I fail to see how nicotine is any more of an "empty vice" than most others.  More dangerous and stupid?  Certainly.  Then again, most addictions are.  Sorry one of mine doesn't fit your approval.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, DMC said:

I fail to see how nicotine is any more of an "empty vice" than most others.  More dangerous and stupid?  Certainly.  Then again, most addictions are.  Sorry one of mine doesn't fit your approval.

Idk man, no one smokes cigs anymore, and I'm not sure why you do. Everyone who quits for the most part says they feel so much better just a week or two after the fact. I'll smoke a cigar with you on a special occasion, but otherwise, given the other taxes you're applying to yourself, kicking the smokes might be a wise move. 

Just some advice between friends.

Edited by Tywin et al.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk man, no one smokes cigs anymore, and I'm not sure why you do.

Ha!  Well, I'm sorry one of the ways I'm gonna kill myself isn't up to your standards of coolness.

A case of bottled water. The removal crew is coming at 9 am to clean out my parents’ condo and it is blisteringly hot. I want to make sure they are hydrated. Before that, moving boxes (see above) before that… allergy medicine. It appears that I am allergic to dust and my mother was not a very good housekeeper in recent years.  There’s lots of dust here. 

Posted (edited)

The last non-necessity I bought for myself was a brew-your-own-cider kit. Basically liquid sanitizer, a lidded bucket, a bag of fruit syrup, brewing sugar, dried fruit, and yeast. I also got some reusable glass bottles.

There's not much choice for ciders in Norway, and your choices are either of the "94% sugarwater, 5% ethanol, 1% artificial flavoring" kind, or the tasty but expensive artisanal stuff. So I thought I'd try my hand at making some dry, crisp cider for the summer.

One batch of mango&raspberry has already been consumed, the next, plain apple, is nearly ready. The taste is good, better than the sugary supermarket stuff at least, but obviously not as nice as the best craft brewed stuff. I usually drink three half-liter bottles per sitting, which gives me that pleasant, gravity-reducing buzz.

Edited by lacuna