Rick and Morty Season NOW Season 7...Look Who's Talking...

Jaxom 1974

Are we doing this? Or is this show part its prime and the cultural zeitgeist?

I mean, based on my limited understanding, I thought the first two weeks were pretty solid... even as they almost seem to be forcing the hints of backstory...

Edited by Jaxom 1974
Updated thread title...

Is adult swim the only place to watch it? It's on HBO Max and amazon but neither seem to have the newest episodes. That's the only reason I haven't been watching I never think to open the adult swim app. 

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

Is adult swim the only place to watch it? It's on HBO Max and amazon but neither seem to have the newest episodes. That's the only reason I haven't been watching I never think to open the adult swim app. 

They put the first episode on YouTube, it should still be there. 

https://youtu.be/DYCEXg4_lCM

Mr. Nimbus! (He’s gonna say that a lot)

It's going to be a wait for the rest though.

I think Hulu live is showing them as they come out, but I'm not paying for that.

Edited by A True Kaniggit

I saw the first episode and thought it was really solid. There was some political commentary in there which I didn't see coming and which was hilarious

Spoiler

All the stuff with Nimbus controlling the police was A+ material, but the high lght was Jerry calling them in the first place and seemingly being asked to share info on his race, followed by the police showing up immediately.

Will probably watch the second episode tonight.

Seasons 1-2 were very good to excellent, it went off the boil in Season 3 and especially 4 (vat of acid episode excepted), but started rallying, and then the first two episodes of Season 5 have been outstanding.

The show's definitely gotten better since they decided to reverse course on Rick's character development (which seemed to be boxing them into him just killing himself) since they were running out of places to go there.

Was Season 3 that off the rails?  I mean, there were some episodes that were good...

And yeah, a lot of Season 4 is tough to watch.

Is Rick's story important enough to need to know it ultimately? 

Episode two's standout highlight was the Presidential cameo though...

Didn't like the latest episode. It was heavy on character which I usually like, but there were hardly any jokes worth mentioning. This show can do everything for all I care, but it should never forget to be funny.

48 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This things only up to S5?

It seems like it's been around much longer.

Have only ever casually viewed episodes, do remember and enjoyed aforementioned "vat of acid" episode though:D

There have been long gaps between some of the seasons. It premiered in December 2013

The second episode really rocked.

That's two episodes now that leave some kind of weird superhero behind. I wonder if they want to add a couple more and then have Rick & Morty lead a superhero team, with Rick complaining that they already did that.

1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

The second episode really rocked.

Hide contents

That's two episodes now that leave some kind of weird superhero behind. I wonder if they want to add a couple more and then have Rick & Morty lead a superhero team, with Rick complaining that they already did that.

Wait.  What?

12 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Wait.  What?

Episode 1 introduces us to Mr Nimbus, King of the Ocean and Rick's "nemesis," and episode 3 to Planetina, the Earth-savior and Morty's ex. Both survive and are still -presumably- around on Earth (or at least "main" Earth).

If there is a pattern there, we might see other super-heroes in future episodes, each of them linked to a different member of the Smith family - but in an unpleasant way, of course. You could argue Beth already has "Space/Clone Beth" to be used that way.
Eventually they'd be able to gather a dysfunctional team to face a major universe-ending threat.

Of course, superheroes were already parodied in Season 3 episode 4 episode "Vindicators 3," so Rick would have to comment on that already having been explored.
BTW even though I don't remember episode 304, it seems it did in fact produce a superhero-turned-supervillain (Supernova) who hates Rick and could return as the antagonist. Unless we finally see "Evil/President Morty" again.

BTW isn't "Evil/President Morty" the "main" storyline (assuming there is such a thing in Rick & Morty)? The theory was IIRC that he was Rick's (our Rick, so... "C-137"?) original Morty gone rogue.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking all this. :P
But they've been teasing a "main story," so I'd be surprised S5 didn't move that forward a bit. 

While that was definitely the worst of the three episodes, I don't think it was terrible.  It reminds me of a lot of episodes of this show that are good but not great.  There are a few every season, along with a few amazing episodes and a few duds.  

Biggest laugh in this week's episode was after Summer destroyed the asteroid about to collide with the third planet on Rick's bar crawl.  "She's the girl who saved the planet!  Now we have to go to work tomorrow.  BOOOOOOOOO!"

13 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Hide contents

Episode 1 introduces us to Mr Nimbus, King of the Ocean and Rick's "nemesis," and episode 3 to Planetina, the Earth-savior and Morty's ex. Both survive and are still -presumably- around on Earth (or at least "main" Earth).

If there is a pattern there, we might see other super-heroes in future episodes, each of them linked to a different member of the Smith family - but in an unpleasant way, of course. You could argue Beth already has "Space/Clone Beth" to be used that way.
Eventually they'd be able to gather a dysfunctional team to face a major universe-ending threat.

Of course, superheroes were already parodied in Season 3 episode 4 episode "Vindicators 3," so Rick would have to comment on that already having been explored.
BTW even though I don't remember episode 304, it seems it did in fact produce a superhero-turned-supervillain (Supernova) who hates Rick and could return as the antagonist. Unless we finally see "Evil/President Morty" again.

BTW isn't "Evil/President Morty" the "main" storyline (assuming there is such a thing in Rick & Morty)? The theory was IIRC that he was Rick's (our Rick, so... "C-137"?) original Morty gone rogue.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking all this. :P
But they've been teasing a "main story," so I'd be surprised S5 didn't move that forward a bit. 

Spoiler

Ah. Wasn't thinking along those lines at all...though Jessica walking off after the first episode claiming to be a Time God...I thought you might be referencing that...

And I've seen the Evil Morty theory in that he's the Morty from the opening montage and that he survived and was out to get Rick...I frankly don't buy that one...

And Episode 3 felt like it was all about set up. For what, I don't know. But it felt like it was setting something up...