Rick and Morty Season NOW Season 7...Look Who's Talking...

Jaxom 1974

Huh. Nothing I've ever noticed has need me to believe that the specific episodes we've been watching weren't grounded with C-137.  Oh sure, the Atlantis episode was only the bookends with him, but still...

I get the idea of what you're saying, but it would needlessly complicate things if there were anthology episodes with other Rick's.

I thought the first Elsie this season clearly established C-137 as actually being C-137...it's just that he's not the "Rickest Rick" as we were led to believe.  

Edited by Jaxom 1974

Rick C-137 wouldn't need a night-Rick C-137 to get everything done he needs to do in a day. That would be tantamount to admitting he needs help. He's the rickest Rick.

The rickest Rick doesn't need rippling abs. He is totally comfortable with his self image. He got sticky with world-class-elbow-titties lady, a hive mind, and an entire planet with perfectly modest abs. The rickest abs.

Finally, If the rickest Rick hosted a podcast (pfft.) to converse about his abs, he certainly wouldn't invite Nancy Pelosi  on as a guest. Not that he's even remotely partisan, I just don't think he holds any political figure in that high regard.

Why the hell would he host a podcast when he could literally do anything else?

I think, assuming they're making those "continuity mistakes" on purpose, the point is that it mostly doesn't mater if you're watching the "real" rick. TV continuity is a relatively recent thing that is still generally very malleable. There are famous examples of sitcom siblings suddenly vanishing or appearing.

There may be a punchline there that we won't see for years, but either way I'm pretty sure it's just a joke. 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think, assuming they're making those "continuity mistakes" on purpose, the point is that it mostly doesn't mater if you're watching the "real" rick. TV continuity is a relatively recent thing that is still generally very malleable. There are famous examples of sitcom siblings suddenly vanishing or appearing.

There may be a punchline there that we won't see for years, but either way I'm pretty sure it's just a joke. 

Correctamundo.

In the Mortyplicity episode, we follow a decoy family for about 1/3rd of the episode before they get destroyed. Then we transition to another decoy family. That's when. Shit. Gets. Real.

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Except we now know C-137 isn't actually the Rickest Rick...

Lies. That was an utterance made in desperation. 

9 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Correctamundo.

In the Mortyplicity episode, we follow a decoy family for about 1/3rd of the episode before they get destroyed. Then we transition to another decoy family. That's when. Shit. Gets. Real.

Lies. That was an utterance made in desperation. 

Okay. I can accept that. And in some ways, I gather "Mortyplicity" was telegraphing for the audience exactly how that shakes out with each episode being possibly its own thing...despite that, I still believe the intention is that we are generally seeing the adventures of C-137 and his current family unless otherwise stated...

And C-137 can't actually be the Rickest Rick until he vanquished the current one...

On 9/26/2022 at 3:41 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Hilarious. Bonkers. Kind of had a Halloween episode vibe to it. 

Also not Rick C-137.

I was thinking the exact same thing about it not being C- 137. It just didn't vibe with all the things we've gotten to know about Rick C - 137.

However...I have another thought and considering the nature of this episode I find it even more likely...

It is Rick C - 137 but THE WHOLE EPISODE is a dream and still is. There are big red flags all through this episode that one way or another things aren't right in this reality...

When they're driving on the highway they pass a sigh that says:

Exit (some number):

An Airport

The "An" makes it seem like a weird sign.

Then twice the episode showed those kids on the swings. What are little kids doing on the swings at night? They should be in bed.

For that matter...isn't this supposed to be the middle of the night? Why is the neighborhood so active? The neighbor walking around other people up and about...

It's all off...

My prediction:

Rick and Morty will go on for am episode or two...or maybe even to the season finale and then there will be a call back to this episode and we find out they've been asleep this whole time.

15 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Except we now know C-137 isn't actually the Rickest Rick...

I still accept Rick C - 137 as the Rickest Rick.

I submit that Rick Prime and the Rickest Rick can be two different Ricks. In fact, that's my theory on why Rick Prime tried to blow up C - 137 and ended up killing C - 137 Beth and Diane... When Rick Prime encountered C - 137 he realized there was a Rick more Rick than him and he couldn't let that Rick continue to exist.

34 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I still accept Rick C - 137 as the Rickest Rick.

I submit that Rick Prime and the Rickest Rick can be two different Ricks. In fact, that's my theory on why Rick Prime tried to blow up C - 137 and ended up killing C - 137 Beth and Diane... When Rick Prime encountered C - 137 he realized there was a Rick more Rick than him and he couldn't let that Rick continue to exist.

This I can agree with. But at this point, in C-137's head, it Rick Prime who is the Rickest...until he gets through that, he'll have issues...

57 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

This I can agree with. But at this point, in C-137's head, it Rick Prime who is the Rickest...until he gets through that, he'll have issues...

True...

I think Rick C - 137 Rick may learn something that will help him and it will start with him learning how I think "Evil" Morty got to be "Evil" Morty.

The way Evil Morty always acted it reminded me a whole lot of the way Morty was after he and Rick got "detoxified" at that spa. I've suspected for a while that Evil Morty has always been a detoxified Morty that never got retoxified.

What if the same thing happened to Rick Prime? When Rick got detoxified he realized the part of him that cared about Morty was removed because that was a perceived weakness in him. In Rick Prime's travels he comes across that spa with that machine or a machine somewhere that does the same thing and all his perceived weaknesses are removed.

Rick Prime isn't who he is because he's more than C - 137, he's who he is because he's less. He's the Anti-Rickest Rick.

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

:huh:

ETA:

Sleepy Gary ruined his gag reflex? That episode skipped over a few things I think. God damn you GO Jerry.  

Jerry's scream. Chef's kiss.  I totally thought he was going to score with his mom. 

“What happened to the others?”
”Well I assume they fucked their moms.”

:lol:

Without getting completely on board the whole, "most episodes are about any Rick, not just "-137" train...Rick this week seemed extra cyborg-y. Yes, I know he basically is, but the extent to which he was go go gadgeting seemed more so...

This episode felt like a bit of a nod to Everything Everywhere All at Once, or is that just me? The way the fortune cookies condense probability wasn't all that dissimilar to the conceit of that film, and equally ridiculous things happen as cookies cause wildly improbable things to happen.

• 1 month later...

Latest episode is great fun. The cold open gives a taste of what's to come:

"Dammit, Rick ! I don't like this. Is this place just..."

"A bunch of groan-inducing wordplay for seven TV critics that won't even enjoy it?" :rofl:

Also Tag-Man.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Do you think that any of that cold open stuff is still coming?  I thought that was a "Previously on" gag...?

About as likely as Rick and Morty getting married, I'd guess -- which means probably not? Heh. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see some roundabout reveal that one of these things has actually happened previously and they just don't know/remember it.