Rick and Morty Season NOW Season 7...Look Who's Talking...

Jaxom 1974

19 minutes ago, Werthead said:

A deep dive on the Roiland story. Some startling stuff in there.

That should also put to bed any concerns that him leaving will have a significant creative impact on Rick & Morty, as from the sound of it he stopped involving himself with the writer's room in season three.  Which, in my opinion, is the strongest season of the show.

Obviously they'll lose some of his off script rantings, but overall the show will likely be fine without him.

As my wife said (she watches parts of episodes while I'm watching them) this is the least surprising thing ever given the Rick and Morty characters. I'm happy to hear that he has had like nothing to do with the show other than his voices.

And given how fucking annoying the episode where everyone is Morty was to listen to that might not be so bad. 

As one show source recalls, Roiland could still be highly engaged and appropriately silly, though too often he was “surly, petulant, uncommunicative and grouchy, like he always wished he was doing something else.” According to another show source, he was easily distracted, too; the writers would regularly walk over to a Toys R Us, where they would buy action figures or Nerf guns, and “then he played with them the rest of the day and we couldn’t get any work done.” Other show sources say he’d derail pitches and interrupt with sophomoric non sequiturs like, “What if his brains were on the outside?” It reached a point where multiple sources say it was easier when Roiland wasn’t in the room.

Sounds like an addict to booze, drugs, or a bit of both.

4 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Sounds like an addict to booze, drugs, or a bit of both.

I've known people who insisted they had to be high to be creative. Which always seems like bullshit. I've never heard of anyone pretending they had to get drunk at work to do their job better. Soda can make you burp too. Plus the idea that anyone cared about the authenticity of the burp noise is insane. 

Maybe I'm being cynical but the fact that all this stuff wasn't made public until after his video game came out seems suspicious. Like "this guy is a monster, but lets not tell anyone until we make money off his game release."

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

I've known people who insisted they had to be high to be creative. Which always seems like bullshit. I've never heard of anyone pretending they had to get drunk at work to do their job better. Soda can make you burp too. Plus the idea that anyone cared about the authenticity of the burp noise is insane. 

Maybe I'm being cynical but the fact that all this stuff wasn't made public until after his video game came out seems suspicious. Like "this guy is a monster, but lets not tell anyone until we make money off his game release."

• 1 month later...

FWIW, charges against Roiland have been dropped due to the district attorney feeling there was insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court. The news article includes a statement from Roiland that he posted on Twitter:

Obviously, reasonable doubt is a very high standard, and there's all sorts of reasons why charges may be dropped, not all of them meaning something didn't happen. But... it could in fact be that the claims were false, like Roiland claims, so who knows.

Still, all the other issues with Roiland's unprofessional behavior that came out in the wake of this are probably going to make it hard for him to jump back on board the varous projets he was attached to.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

So is this a good or bad thing for Rick and Morty?

I suspect there may be legal drama surrounding it in the near future, if Roiland sues over what he sees as unjust treatment by his former employers / partners. Doubt it’ll affect the release schedule. I can easily see it causing them to wrap up the show more quickly than they planned, though, just to end any of the headache they feel.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

So is this a good or bad thing for Rick and Morty?

Doubt it impacts Rick and Morty at all.  From everything that I’ve read or listened to, everyone who works on the show was glad to see him gone and believed it took too long to finally get rid of him. 

On 3/23/2023 at 3:27 AM, Ran said:

FWIW, charges against Roiland have been dropped due to the district attorney feeling there was insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court. The news article includes a statement from Roiland that he posted on Twitter:

Obviously, reasonable doubt is a very high standard, and there's all sorts of reasons why charges may be dropped, not all of them meaning something didn't happen. But... it could in fact be that the claims were false, like Roiland claims, so who knows.

Still, all the other issues with Roiland's unprofessional behavior that came out in the wake of this are probably going to make it hard for him to jump back on board the varous projets he was attached to.

That article doesn't include the bigger message where it was said they were also dropped due to additional information that came to light, which certainly points to Roiland being more exonerated than one would think just for having charges dropped.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Solid finale. Solid season all around. How long until it's back...?

Back last night. 

The new voice actors had me not even blinking...though I wonder if there will be a wink and a nod gag about it later...

Spoiler

I did not think Hugh Jackman was actually voicing Hugh Jackman...and then I saw the credits...

That was...an opening. Almost like Mr. Poopy Butthole was an avatar for Roiland...?

Edited by Jaxom 1974

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Back last night. 

The new voice actors had me not even blinking...though I wonder if there will be a wink and a nod gag about it later...

Reveal hidden contents

I did not think Hugh Jackman was actually voicing Hugh Jackman...and then I saw the credits...

That was...an opening. Almost like Mr. Poop Butthole was an avatar for Roiland...?

Spoiler

That over the top accent lead me astray too.

Rick and Morty, a hundred years oooo

Edited by TheLastWolf