Jump to content

Rick and Morty Season NOW 6...or is it 4 in Season 2...it's confusing...


Jaxom 1974
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Interesting, considering that for me Loki was very clearly trying to rip off Rick and Morty and not doing a particularly good job of it.

It's a rip-off within a rip-off within a rip-off. If we go any deeper, we'll probably meet Leonardo Dicaprio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Interesting, considering that for me Loki was very clearly trying to rip off Rick and Morty and not doing a particularly good job of it.

Well, the showrunner on Loki was a writer for Rick & Morty.  Is it still a rip off if you're ripping off yourself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rick and Morty are back! The big reveal, from a pretty good episode, is that Evil Rick (the one that murdered Show Rick's wife and daughter) was originally from the early season 1 reality: Cronenberg Earth. That means that Evil Rick is Show Morty's real grandfather.

BTW, does anyone remember which episode Show Jerry changed? I was confused when they said he was from a different reality from the rest of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Trebla said:

BTW, does anyone remember which episode Show Jerry changed? I was confused when they said he was from a different reality from the rest of them.

Was it the one where they dropped him off at Jerry daycare and mixed the tickets up?

I might need to start checking out some YouTube explainers, I’m kinda lost who the hell belongs to what universe now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Was it the one where they dropped him off at Jerry daycare and mixed the tickets up?

I might need to start checking out some YouTube explainers, I’m kinda lost who the hell belongs to what universe now.

Yup, you are right. I re-watched and Jerry actually figures it first :The Jerryboree, the Jerry daycare from Season 2, ep.2 "Mortynight Run". As Rick calls it, "A deep cut".

So current Jerry is Show Jerry #3. Jerry #1 was Cronenberg Jerry that gets killed by Evil Rick in the stinger. Jerry #2 was lost at the Jerryboree but came back when Rick accidentally reset realities. He's the one that let out the alien that ends up assimilating everything, including Jerry #2. Jerry #3 is the one that has been having some character development, including telling off his old family that is still as dysfunctional as the pre-separation Smith family was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Trebla said:

So current Jerry is Show Jerry #3. Jerry #1 was Cronenberg Jerry that gets killed by Evil Rick in the stinger. Jerry #2 was lost at the Jerryboree but came back when Rick accidentally reset realities. He's the one that let out the alien that ends up assimilating everything, including Jerry #2. Jerry #3 is the one that has been having some character development, including telling off his old family that is still as dysfunctional as the pre-separation Smith family was. 

So Rick C-137 starts off in his universe, travels to Morty’s universe sometime before the show starts (I’m not sure if C-137 is the designation of Rick’s original universe?) and everyone exists there until Season 1 Episode 6, when we get a whole new cast except for Rick and Morty. Then Season 2 Episode 2 we get a new Jerry, so we’re on Rick and Morty 1, everyone else 2, Jerry 3. We were in the correct reality for those ‘everyone else’, and now we’ve moved again. So this is the fourth reality that Rick’s lived in for some period of time, as far as we know.

Phew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

So Rick C-137 starts off in his universe, travels to Morty’s universe sometime before the show starts (I’m not sure if C-137 is the designation of Rick’s original universe?) and everyone exists there until Season 1 Episode 6, when we get a whole new cast except for Rick and Morty. Then Season 2 Episode 2 we get a new Jerry, so we’re on Rick and Morty 1, everyone else 2, Jerry 3. We were in the correct reality for those ‘everyone else’, and now we’ve moved again. So this is the fourth reality that Rick’s lived in for some period of time, as far as we know.

Phew.

I think Evil Rick is actually Rick C-137. Show Rick said that he tracked Evil Rick back to C-137 and stayed hoping to ambush him. Show Rick froze everyone in his actual reality but forgot to prevent them from aging!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trebla said:

I think Evil Rick is actually Rick C-137. Show Rick said that he tracked Evil Rick back to C-137 and stayed hoping to ambush him. Show Rick froze everyone in his actual reality but forgot to prevent them from aging!

I don't think that's right.  Evil Rick is Prime Rick and C-137 is Show Rick. The family 137 joins after giving up on finding Prime Rick is the Earth that goes Cronenberg.  Prime, Evil Rick is from the Cronenberg Earth originally...

Edited by Jaxom 1974
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't think that's right.  Evil Rick is Prime Rick and C-137 is Show Rick. The family 137 joins after giving up on finding Prime Rick is the Earth that goes Cronenberg.  Prime, Evil Rick is from the Cronenberg Earth originally...

Yeah, you are right. I could have sworn that C-137 was the Cronenberg Earth but it's not, it is Show Rick's reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Summer said no using the portal gun now and Rick said he'd get around to fixing it eventually. That is the thing that really confused me this episode, I didn't understand how they got to a different timeliness at the end without the gun.

Had to think about it for a little bit before I realized they can fly through the rift now to dimension hop. Is the rift staying open? Is that going to be a thing this season? 

Thought the episode was great! Didn't know Rick and Morty was coming back this week so it was a nice surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...