Round of 16: Croatia vs Spain

Finally watched the game. Amazing. I knew Croatia had it in them even when they were down, but struggled to find goal scorers until the subs came in. Rebic once again underachieved majorly, and he should have been subbed off way earlier. If only the forwards didn't look surprised every time the ball came to them, but the subs made a huge difference.

Spain were the better team, but I don't think Enrique is a good coach, he just has enough good players to pull it through. Spain should have closed out the game in regular time, but Enrique only belatedly remembered he had the likes of Rodri and Thiago on the bench. He must have gone to the School of Pep. And now, with facing Switzerland, they have a good chance to get to the semi.

5 hours ago, Knight Of Winter said:

Just curious about this remark. Did Morata have trouble scoring recently or what?

I had a serious conversation with a friend from Madrid who thinks that Spain should have selected Iago Aspas over Morata.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I had a serious conversation with a friend from Madrid who thinks that Spain should have selected Iago Aspas over Morata.

This seems almost a no-brainer. It seems silly if all we think of from Aspas is his Liverpool failure but in the six seasons since he joined Celta Vigo he's never scored less than 14 league goals, a mark Morata has broken precisely once in his entire career. And this season he got 13 assists to boot. 

Archived