Round of 16: France vs Switzerland

France lineup (3-4-1-2):

Lloris

Varane   Lenglet   Kimpembe

Pavard   Pogba   Kanté   Rabiot

Griezmann  

Benzema   Mbappé

Subs: Coman, Mandanda, Ben Yedder, Hernández, Zouma, Maignan, Lemar, Thuram, Sissoko, Dubois, Tolisso, Giroud

Switzerland lineup (3-4-1-2):

Sommer

Elvedi   Akanji   Rodríguez

Widmer   Freuler   Xhaka   Zuber

Shaqiri

Seferovic   Embolo

Subs: Zakaria, Vargas, Mvogo, Mbabu, Mehmedi, Fernandes, Gavranovic, Fassnacht, Schär, Sow, Benito, Kobel

2 minutes ago, mormonte said:

France need to sort themselves out. They don’t look comfortable in this formation.

Yeah, they don’t look very solid at the back. I really don’t see the point of boring Deschamps negative tactics if they’re not even going to defend well.

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

He hasn't lost a step in the least, no.

Yeah I'd say he's changed his game so he's not blowing past defenders in open range as often and is more about shorter bursts, but he isn't slower.

I gotta confess though as effective as it is I don't particularly like the way he's evolving at PSG. Not really sure why.

12 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah I'd say he's changed his game so he's not blowing past defenders in open range as often and is more about shorter bursts, but he isn't slower.

That might explain it then. I just recall in the WC he was melting every defense with his speed and no one could do anything about it without sacrificing somewhere else. I haven't seen it from him so far in this tournament (French soccer is rarely on TV here so I've seen next to nothing of PSG).

Archived