House of the Dragon Filming in Spain in October

Westeros

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

We’ll have to wait and see, but I expect that Rhaenyra will be portrayed in a much more positive light on the show. Even in the books, the Blacks were given a much more favorable angle than the Greens.

I agree the Blacks come off better, but that's because of Corlys, Rhaenys, Jace, Luke, Nettles, and the Hull brothers. Rhaenyra and Daemon the heads of team Black come off pretty awful. I think S1 Rhaenyra will be shown in a somewhat favorable light, but its downhill from there. 

4 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

They said the aesthetics will be broadly similar, but different due to being a different time period 

Sure, that explanation may work for the clothes but not for the Iron Throne. I get that they have a bigger budget now, and that the new throne is more like the one in the books, but I think viewers might find it confusing.

2 hours ago, Sotan said:

I agree the Blacks come off better, but that's because of Corlys, Rhaenys, Jace, Luke, Nettles, and the Hull brothers. Rhaenyra and Daemon the heads of team Black come off pretty awful. I think S1 Rhaenyra will be shown in a somewhat favorable light, but its downhill from there. 

I actually think they will not only turn Rhaenyra from an average entitled princess to a noble one with a good cause ,but they will also put a more positive light on Daemon . perhaps by omitting his first wife , his comment on Viserys's dead son and by reducing his age ... basically , I'm convened it'll be a more black and white take .

4 hours ago, EggBlue said:

I actually think they will not only turn Rhaenyra from an average entitled princess to a noble one with a good cause ,but they will also put a more positive light on Daemon . perhaps by omitting his first wife , his comment on Viserys's dead son and by reducing his age ... basically , I'm convened it'll be a more black and white take .

I agree they're going to clean up Daemon. If they don't he will be the villain of the story. 

Greg Yaitanes talked about the show in a recent podcast.  Greg was great, not much specific info but a few general points:

as of right now, he's seen rough cuts for 7 episodes (not necessarily in that order)...he's finished his rough cut of episodes 2 and 3 and is currently editing together episode 10. These are just rough cuts - all of the post-production VFX work needs to happen. I can't really judge a timeline from that.

It was interesting that he pointed out how filming during COVID slowed things down:  simply jumping back and forth between Spain/Portugal and the UK wasn't as easy as before, because the UK as a 10 day quarantine for ALL international travelers. So they had to factor that into their schedule (they couldn't just fly someone out for a quick reshoot over the weekend).  Also Spain didn't have a mask mandate but Portugal DID, so when they had to pay attention and remember to mask up when they'd move back and forth (the Monsanto Portugal set is like a 2 hour drive away from the Caceres Spain set). 

Good news is he didn't just watch Game of Thrones - he's also a big fan of the animated HIstories & Lore featurettes (which are closer to the books...) specifically pointing out he really liked the 20 minute animated Dance of the Dragones featurette in season 5.

2 hours ago, The Dragon Demands said:

The official Game of Thrones Twitter left a cryptic message last night - could they be running a new trailer during the Oscars? 

Why would HBO leave a "cryptic message" on the GOT Twitter account but nothing on the HOTD account ? I'm not keeping my hopes up for a teaser or trailer tonight.

Archived