House of the Dragon Filming in Spain in October

Westeros

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Here’s a story question: Rhaenyra gave Ulf and Hugh lordships in exchange for their service, and Addam was legitimized as the Velaryon heir. What did Nettles get?

Daemon (allegedly) and forced exile. 

This really shoots my whole "maybe the war will begin at the end of Season 2" theory.

Then again, they also mentioned that "there weren't any extras in these scenes".  Why wouldn't there be extras in a coronation scene? There's an off chance that they're filming fake scenes again to throw off spy reports.

5 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Leaks are coming out from extras on the Monsanto, Portugal set (now believed to be Dragonstone) that they filmed a scene of "a dead baby being burned on a funeral pyre" and "Rhaenyra's coronation".

Well, I bet that was a pleasant scene to film. 

I'm wondering how faithful they'll be to the book description of Visenya. 

6 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

It’s just so weird that it never came up (and that I didn’t notice it until now). I guess she considered being a dragon rider her reward? She wept when Jace died, so she supported him at the very least.

It is weird that I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but not surprising. GRRM isn't particularly kind to his female characters. 

On 11/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Sotan said:

The corpse can be wrapped/covered in a sheet. 

True. 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

Here’s a story question: Rhaenyra gave Ulf and Hugh lordships in exchange for their service, and Addam was legitimized as the Velaryon heir. What did Nettles get?

Maybe just a promise of some land, elevation to the nobility, a good marriage (being a dragonrider who brought someone to the throne has perks after all). However, since from a plot standpoint with how the appendix from my copy of AGOT (if the DotD was set up in the 90s, he can't exactly back out) talks about a tiny bit about the DotD, we could say that it wouldn't need to be fleshed out because Rhaenyra wasn't going to be around to give a reward

This new update's making my head spin. Just looks so odd. 

The forum will look more like it did prior to the upgrade, once Linda and I have time to sort out issues. Right now the skin we use defaulted to standard colors and it's a bit of a two-man job to quickly change things back, and we started the upgrade later than intended.

We'll get it sorted tomorrow.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, Ran said:

The forum will look more like it did prior to the upgrade, once Linda and I have time to sort out issues. Right now the skin we use defaulted to standard colors and it's a bit of a two-man job to quickly change things back, and we started the upgrade later than intended.

We'll get it sorted tomorrow.

can we keep the seven-pointed stars for veteran posters? I think they look spiffy (I CANNOT draw a seven pointed star freehand, despite years of trying)

3 minutes ago, RyanWidjaja1995 said:

Greetings Lords and Ladies, it's a nice thing to meet you all! I'm a new member of this forum. I have just registered a few days ago. I really hope that the House of the Dragon would be much better than Game of Thrones.

Welcome to the board!

Archived