The Tokyo Olympic Games

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's rather unnecessary. She could probably run 200m before you could run 100.

Here's a question to show how stupid this line of reasoning is...

How fast could she arrest someone? 

5 hours ago, baxus said:

Here's a question to show how stupid this line of reasoning is...

How fast could she arrest someone? 

Does the show Cops air in Serbia? Because if it does, I bet she could run down and tackle a fleeing suspect faster than most cops. :P

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

@Tywin et al. You will be pleased to hear WADA are going to review bans for positive cannabis testing.

Better late than never. I just find it frustrating that these various sporting events want to ban athletes over weed, but possibly the biggest thing they're marketing is booze.

Probably ought to remember that WADA only banned weed (and other non-performance-enhancing illegal drugs) in the first place at the insistence of USA and their war on drugs.

It's then just become the done thing, even as the USA is in the process of changing its mind on MJ.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Tywin et al. as a proud Brit I will be sad to do so, but my sister lives in Norway, used to live just down the hill from the spiritual home of biathlon//Cross country skiing/nordic combined (Hollmenkollen) so that is who I wil be supporting when we are arguing about medals this time round. TEAM NORWAY, TEAM NORWAY, TEAM NORWAY. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

@Tywin et al. as a proud Brit I will be sad to do so, but my sister lives in Norway, used to live just down the hill from the spiritual home of biathlon//Cross country skiing/nordic combined (Hollmenkollen) so that is who I wil be supporting when we are arguing about medals this time round. TEAM NORWAY, TEAM NORWAY, TEAM NORWAY. 

The joke is on you. I am a complete European mongrel and by blood can claim all of Norway's glory just like I can say my ancestry allows me to claim the last two WC champs, and guess what, if England ever wins one again I can claim that too.

:P  

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The joke is on you. I am a complete European mongrel and by blood can claim all of Norway's glory just like I can say my ancestry allows me to claim the last two WC champs, and guess what, if England ever wins one again I can claim that too.

:P  

You can't pick other countries unless your country sucks (it does suck, but not at winter sports) Everyone knows that rule. 

On 1/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, BigFatCoward said:

My sister lives in Switzerland, so up yours! We're gonna muller you in the medal table.

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

I bet you every penny I have that doesn't happen. My flat in London against your new business? 

We'll see, we'll see. Though if you want to bet I'm afraid you're going to have to add a few million to your stake to even things out a bit.

52 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

@SpockydogI'll go one better. I put 4 Norwegians with J as an initial (Jarl Magnus Riiber, Johannes Thinges Boe, Johannes Hosflot Klaebo, Therese Johaug) against the whole of Switzerland in a friendly wager (and the US) if you are interested @Tywin et al.

I have no idea who any of those people are. These guys could be Nordic superheroes for all I know, so, no, I will not be falling for your nonsense. 

Archived