Quarterfinal: Belgium vs Italy

3 minutes ago, Nero C. C. A. Germanicus said:

Mormont switching to England will be hard, I think, I have this feeling he's not feeling all that English.

We'll just vote on that. He should be used to getting voted English by now. :leaving:

Sad loss.

But a really good game.  And Italy were the better team.  Could have lived without some of their over the top acting down the stretch, but they deserved the win.  Will probably be cheering for them against Spain.

Well done Italy!  They have being great and its a pity they gave away a silly penalty in this game.  Hard to know what to say about Belgium.  Injuries weren't kind to them but the team has never had this killer instinct, despite their players.  Hard to see this generation get another chance.

Also hard to imagine that Spain will challenge Italy but then again, Italy will be the most offensive team they'll play.  Which might suit them.

Great game. Italy were better, I just wish they didn't resort so much to cheating tactics. Surprised Veratti managed to last the whole match considering he got an early yellow. But when Italy actually wants to play, they look fantastic. I'm worried that without Spinazzola they'll lost some speed on the left side. But I still think they should smash Spain.

5 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Italy vs Spain. Hopefully a good game between the two sides with the best managers at the tournament.

Come again? I agree about Mancini, but Enrique, nah. His team has failed to manage leads twice in a row, and even against Poland. He's constantly failed to make subs to help with that. He should have played Traore against the tired, overwhelmed Swiss legs, and maybe it wouldn't have come to penalties. Also, Southgate will prove you wrong. :leaving:

10 hours ago, Nero C. C. A. Germanicus said:

Mormont switching to England will be hard, I think, I have this feeling he's not feeling all that English.

I don't know what you mean! I'm as English as the next fellah!

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Come again? I agree about Mancini, but Enrique, nah. His team has failed to manage leads twice in a row, and even against Poland. He's constantly failed to make subs to help with that. He should have played Traore against the tired, overwhelmed Swiss legs, and maybe it wouldn't have come to penalties. Also, Southgate will prove you wrong. :leaving:

Enrique has far more pedigree at club level than Southgate ever will. Spain has played better and more structured football than England. They've also created far, far more in attack. Southgate is just extremely fortunate to have much more clinical forwards who can score from the few chances his turgid tactics create. And yes, Mancini and Enrique are the two best managers at the tournament. 

Archived