Sign in to follow this  
Chataya de Fleury

Dating thread - yo quiero a hottie

Couldn’t resist the title :)

Also, fast food or food trucks are the kiss of death if anyone were to suggest those options to me for a date.

LOLZ!

You should use "me gustaria" fyi.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Also, fast food or food trucks are the kiss of death if anyone were to suggest those options to me for a date.

What about a date at a popular open air event in which the best food comes from highly recommended food trucks?

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Just wanna clarify from the last thread that it's In-N-Out, not Inn & Out.  It's not a damn B&B.  And yes, In-N-Out still counts as fast food.

Is it really fast food though if it takes 30 minutes plus to get your food?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

LOLZ!

You should use "me gustaria" fyi.

What about a date at a popular open air event in which the best food comes from highly recommended food trucks?

(I Googled this, earlier, and yes, I know that, but the “in joke” is now “yo quiero”)

“Popular open air events” do not sound like something I would be interested in, unless polo or the Kentucky Derby count as “popular open air events”. I also make exceptions for golf tournaments, Especially Augusta national, and Ladies’ PGA.

IMO, food trucks are just not appealing to me. 

ETA - I am going on a coffee date this weekend that I’m not really excited about. I think this guy and I are on different pages. 

More exciting is that Senior Director of Risk and I have committed to getting a hotel room next week. He lives in a condo right next to the office, close to a restaurant where EVERYONE from the office goes for happy hour, so his place is out of the question, and my kid is at my house, so that’s out of the question.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is it really fast food though if it takes 30 minutes plus to get your food?

I’ve heard this question shouted at the Taco Bell menu at 2 AM in my hometown and there was a 15 car line of drunk people attempting to order food.  It’s “fast” for the amount of people they designed the system for, and then you get into queuing theory issues.

Similar, my experience with In-N-Out is that the wait is due to the massive line in front of you.  We have similar wait times for chick-fil-a-hole, because there’s like 2 in the metro area and it’s ‘destination’ fast food (seems like a combination of hype and nostalgia).  People brag about making it through those lines.

I’d say that unless there’s some kind of hyperglycemic emergency, I wouldn’t take a first date to food carts (or fast food) - we have some of the best cart pods in the world, but the seating situations usually aren’t conducive to conversation.  Maybe a 3rd date picnic where you’ve seen each other eat, and/or wouldn’t feel shy sharing bites.

My username is self explanatory yet I don't know why i love these threads, tips and stuff?

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

(I Googled this, earlier, and yes, I know that, but the “in joke” is now “yo quiero”)

“Popular open air events” do not sound like something I would be interested in, unless polo or the Kentucky Derby count as “popular open air events”. I also make exceptions for golf tournaments, Especially Augusta national, and Ladies’ PGA.

IMO, food trucks are just not appealing to me. 

Let your hair down a little. Not everything has to be high society fancy.

And I say that having grown up learning how to golf on one of the LPGA Major courses. Could have gotten you in a few years ago before my grandfather passed.

ETA - I am going on a coffee date this weekend that I’m not really excited about. I think this guy and I are on different pages. 

And yet you're fine to go on a coffee date. :P

More exciting is that Senior Director of Risk and I have committed to getting a hotel room next week. He lives in a condo right next to the office, close to a restaurant where EVERYONE from the office goes for happy hour, so his place is out of the question, and my kid is at my house, so that’s out of the question.

I would say you could make a RomCom out of this, but Along Came Polly already exists. :Px2

47 minutes ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

I’ve heard this question shouted at the Taco Bell menu at 2 AM in my hometown and there was a 15 car line of drunk people attempting to order food.  It’s “fast” for the amount of people they designed the system for, and then you get into queuing theory issues.

Similar, my experience with In-N-Out is that the wait is due to the massive line in front of you.  We have similar wait times for chick-fil-a-hole, because there’s like 2 in the metro area and it’s ‘destination’ fast food (seems like a combination of hype and nostalgia).  People brag about making it through those lines.

I’d say that unless there’s some kind of hyperglycemic emergency, I wouldn’t take a first date to food carts (or fast food) - we have some of the best cart pods in the world, but the seating situations usually aren’t conducive to conversation.  Maybe a 3rd date picnic where you’ve seen each other eat, and/or wouldn’t feel shy sharing bites.

I'd never take a date to anything remotely what society deems as fast food, but when you think about it, there are a lot of nice places to go on dates where a food truck is the best option to eat at. 

For example, here in Minnesota, the state fair is a blast and great for dates, but you're not necessarily going to eat at a high end restaurant, though you can still get great food. 

Uh oh, people, things are complicated.

Mr. PB is also escaping the hurricane at his condo in Atlanta, before he leaves for Chicago on Thursday. I may have to do some juggling, here.

Also, I have some fairly significant work deadlines extending through mid-August (and then I’m going to Palm Beach).

On 7/4/2021 at 7:22 PM, IheartIheartTesla said:

In other words.....its raining men?

It was in the forecast; however, the Canadian has vanished. Mr. PB wanted to show up earlier than Wednesday and I CANNOT before Wednesday, and even Wednesday is dicey.

I worked 12 hours yesterday and 14 today, all from home, thank god. But that doesn’t make Tuesday look any better, or Wednesday.

A young man just approached me on Luxy, though, and boldly asked for a date. He turns…29 this week. He says age is but a number, so, we shall see. He tried to move fast and get my phone number within 12 hours of sending me his first message.

I’m sure my kid will give him withering looks if he makes it to my doorstep. My kid acknowledged scaring off the Canadian, though I just think the Canadian is flighty. 

So, I thought I had Covid, though it luckily turned out to only be strep throat with lupus complications. I am still contagious until tomorrow so I have been stuck in the apartment for four days. That would be just fine if I was alone and if said apartment had central air conditioning. But I was not and it does not. It was 100 degrees yesterday and the window units were just not up to the task, and when you have a fever already the last thing you need to be is externally hot. Casey has also been here, in case it was Covid and he was a danger to others. I have been forced to quarantine while really sick (the lupus complications were really bad) with my newly minted ex who would swing between trying to take care of me and fighting with me about the vaccine disagreement that broke us up. Both are very hard, since I still very much love and wish I could be with this person, despite knowing I am making the right choice. So, very little of his packing or moving are done. I am cleared to return to work tomorrow, but I had taken the rest of the week off for my birthday, which is on Saturday. I had plans to go on a road trip for that with my dad, but they were cancelled because my lovely and considerate sister decided to throw my nephew’s fourth birthday party two weeks early *on my birthday* I love my nephew but I also loathe my sister’s mother in law for VERY GOOD REASONS and refuse to spend any part of my birthday anywhere near her. 

Im under a lot of stress right now.

That's a lot going on.

Staying with an ex is tough - I've done it a couple of times. Never when sick, though. As for the birthday clash... yikes. Maybe if there was a very good reason, but I can't see what that would be.

You are loved, @Fury Resurrected.

we are all thinking of you, and honestly, if you want that man packed up and moved, even my arthritic ass will get on a Delta flight and do it.

Just let me know, I’m in a shitty mood because my arthritis is flaring up so I could use physical activity and someone at whom to shake my virtual cane.

19 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You are loved, @Fury Resurrected.

we are all thinking of you, and honestly, if you want that man packed up and moved, even my arthritic ass will get on a Delta flight and do it.

Just let me know, I’m in a shitty mood because my arthritis is flaring up so I could use physical activity and someone at whom to shake my virtual cane.

Honestly, is there something in the air? I’m flaring really badly too.  My hair is falling out and every g-d joint in my body seems to have nails pounding into it. 

And yes, you are loved.  And while I am currently trapped in NC with my extended family pretending badly not to all hate one another and then rolling right into jury duty, anything I can do remotely is yours to command. 

Did, it turns out that NONE of us are having any fun :rofl: I wondered where Canada Guy was, since he was supposed to show up on Monday, which was….yesterday? (Days, they end in “y”)…and apparently, the hurricane is with him, and he’s currently stuck in Macon, GA, which worked well given the sucky hours I’ve been working but also sucks for him, because…Macon.

So, all is not lost; he’s on his way!