Sign in to follow this  
Chataya de Fleury

Dating thread - yo quiero a hottie

2 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You know, everyone always thought that I would’ve dead before age 30, and you thought I was dead just last year, so extrapolating from that, I’m pretty sure McBig and kid kidneys should be ok. I’ve met him, he can loom over the kidney thieves and intimidate them.

Ty's definitely the friend that's always convinced someone's dead or dying.  

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

A man considering getting a bug bite peed on by a stranger shortly after meeting them at a bar is likely to....

hey, @mcbigski, are you in the forum's FF Dynasty league? If so, can we hammer out some trades right now?

Getting peed on never killed anybody.  

6 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

That sounds like the voice of experience.

Ya, like saying your dad's coffee tastes like horse piss 

Spoiler

Though Kopi Luwak is literally shit 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You know, everyone always thought that I would’ve dead before age 30, and you thought I was dead just last year, so extrapolating from that, I’m pretty sure McBig and kid kidneys should be ok. I’ve met him, he can loom over the kidney thieves and intimidate them.

The bartender can roofie his drink better than anyone,  I'd expect.

23 hours ago, DMC said:

I suppose Swayze played a convincing pedophile in Donnie Darko.

I still think they made a casting mistake there. They should've gone for James Woods isntead of Swayze.

To cut into the discussion of Patrick Swayze, here is an update:

He waited. And was willing to meet up with me after me being away for more than two weeks - it's been three weeks altogether since we saw each other and he didn't change his mind, he didn't find somebody he likes better, he didn't ghost me like the other guy in the same situation two years ago. And I am very happy and grateful for it. I am going to see him again on Thursday and we are going to get out of the city for a few hours, half a day or so ... to go to the pool! :commie:

Oh, and also he said he tried to "stalk" me a bit online. He is surprised at my lack of online presence, he basically found my FB profile, which he considers to be not very informative, my name being listed on the website on my workplace, and the titles of my publishings and the masters theses on the online biblio catalogue, but nothing else. Well, obviously he hasn't found out about my 5000+ posts on an ASOIAF-themed forum ...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

, obviously he hasn't found out about my 5000+ posts on an ASOIAF-themed forum ...

Though not wrong, shouldn’t this be better described as “my near 6000 posts”? :P

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Getting fairly close to giving up on cute woman from work. It's been about six weeks since she told me she's had a crush on me for a while and gave me her number, and since then every time I try to ask her out she's busy with one thing or another, but she always says she can't wait to go out on a date and/or hook up. Meanwhile, she hasn't asked me once if I was free on a given day. Considering how one sided it's been since then I doubt this is going to go anywhere and I'm not interested in being someone's flirty text buddy. Oh well. 

Perbs sent me an article from the Palm Beach Daily News. Apparently, 100% of the citizens of the village of Palm Beach itself have been fully vaccinated, but the help and visitors have not.

So “the Village of Palm Beach” has instituted a mask mandate, which he is certain shall ruin the season.

10 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Great job, @Buckwheat!!!!

Thank you. :)

9 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Though not wrong, shouldn’t this be better described as “my near 6000 posts”? :P

I mean, at this point how you phrase it isn't really important anymore, right? :p 

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2021 at 5:25 PM, Buckwheat said:

Well, obviously he hasn't found out about my 5000+ posts on an ASOIAF-themed forum ...

As long as you don't mention anything about Patrick Swayze to him, he can't find you here.

Edited by SpaceChampion

17 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Perbs sent me an article from the Palm Beach Daily News. Apparently, 100% of the citizens of the village of Palm Beach itself have been fully vaccinated, but the help and visitors have not.

So “the Village of Palm Beach” has instituted a mask mandate, which he is certain shall ruin the season.

Or save it.  Also, he has no imagination if he hasn’t considered whether masks have POSSIBILITIES.  

2 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Or save it.  Also, he has no imagination if he hasn’t considered whether masks have POSSIBILITIES.  

Another insight into what tax policy retreats may entail... 

3 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Just imagine you going on a masked date with a perfect gentleman. You accompany him to a private place, and under the mask is...

...Ted Cruz. Who took advantage of the mask upgrading his face.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Just imagine you going on a masked date with a perfect gentleman. You accompany him to a private place, and under the mask is...

...Ted Cruz. Who took advantage of the mask upgrading his face.

If all Ted Cruz has to do is put on a mask in order to make you think he's a perfect gentleman and/or date, well then that's a you problem.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

If all Ted Cruz has to do is put on a mask in order to make you think he's a perfect gentleman and/or date, well then that's a you problem.

You are just the kidna guy who over analyzes every joke, aren't you?

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You are just the kidna guy who over analyzes every joke, aren't you?

It's a gift.

3 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

100% this. Plague doctor masks and 6-foot social distancing whips are just the beginning.

Also: how much could public mask requirements ruin a thing, besides raves and indoor arena sporting events?  Be outside together or go private party, if everyone is vaccinated - how much time does anyone want to spend in the general public, besides restaurants/bars?