Sign in to follow this  
Chataya de Fleury

Dating thread - yo quiero a hottie

10 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Am I?  Am I? (I certainly wasn’t at that certain Christmas party December of 2022....)

I'm just relieved to know there still will be Christmas parties in December of 2022...

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

I mean, you're in the future so you're doing something right.

How's 2022? Are Arsenal still shite?

My phone literally changed that.  2002.  Arsenal got sold again to a different billionaire though.

6 hours ago, Raja said:

How's 2022? Are Arsenal still shite?

You don't need to be a time traveler to know this...

I am still seeing Donatello. We did a whole day trip on Saturday! And we are going to keep seeing each other, despite the fact that I am moving to Tiny Town I Work In. He understands my motives and that I am not moving away to avoid him or anything, and I have promised to visit very often. He keeps dropping hints of things in the future and this being serious.

On the other hand, I still haven't had a chance to visit his place ... I cannot invite him here because I live with my family, but after my move (exciting! Looking forward to living alone and close to work), I am definitely going to invite him to visit. At least to be able to be in a private place ... we seem to not be able to keep our hands off each other (we hold hands and hug and lean onto one another a lot) and at least I am excited to do something more here! And I wish he invited me to see his place too.

@Mlle. Zabzie had a front row texting seat with Peebs and myself this past week,

This week was a bit bizarre. 

I’m seeing someone tomorrow whom I never met in person but virtually a year and a half ago.

And the Junior Analyst is going to be asked by me to meet or fuck off; I don’t do text buddies.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I missed bizarre text chains?! But I need to live vicariously

Highlights:

He is separated and refuses to get divorced because his first divorce resulted in a trial that lasted for YEARS with the appeals and did go all the way to the Georgia Supreme Court.

He got someone blackballed from the Social Register.

ETA - bizarre text chains were between Zabs and me, PB and I were on vacation together.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

3 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I wish I had @Buckwheat’s innocence and trust in love and all the rest of it.

... thanks? I hope that was a compliment?

If you need an update, he kept dropping hints about this being a serious thing this week.

Oh, we also went bowling on Thursday, that was so much fun.

After all these years of being alone my brother seems to have a lady friend!  She was one of my niece's teachers in middle-school.  My niece set them up!  He and the retired teacher have been seeing each other for a bit more than a month.  He sounds so chipper -- a word he himself would use!  I'm so happy for him.  I have my digits xxxxxed that it works out.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

... thanks? I hope that was a compliment?

If you need an update, he kept dropping hints about this being a serious thing this week.

Oh, we also went bowling on Thursday, that was so much fun.

Totally a compliment.

And YAY!!!!!

12 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Totally a compliment.

And YAY!!!!!

Thank you then. I was doubting if you were possibly just calling me naive. ;)

Posted (edited)

Ugh, the cute woman from work is being super flirty again. I wish I could just ignore her, but at this point it's kind of turned into a challenge. Helpful to learn she's actually still married and only partially separated. That at least explains some things.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you then. I was doubting if you were possibly just calling me naive. ;)

I mean, you are a bit, but it's kind of adorable and I think that's what Chats was getting at.

Also, you referring to the lad as Donatello still is a giant fucking win for me! :commie:

Edited by Tywin et al.

It is now dawning on me how hard it is going to be to keep seeing each other once the school year starts for me and he starts the new job - both happening next Wednesday. I am moving to a tiny studio flat these days to avoid the long commute and to not live with my parents anymore, and I won't have a car there to be able to get to where he is staying quickly and easily. We are going to be very determined and willing to make it happen, and I hope we manage it.

Moving away right when things get interesting, and in this case, even semi-serious ... it seems to be a curse at this point. At least this time it isn't another country, so progress I guess?

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is now dawning on me how hard it is going to be to keep seeing each other once the school year starts for me and he starts the new job - both happening next Wednesday. I am moving to a tiny studio flat these days to avoid the long commute and to not live with my parents anymore, and I won't have a car there to be able to get to where he is staying quickly and easily. We are going to be very determined and willing to make it happen, and I hope we manage it.

Moving away right when things get interesting, and in this case, even semi-serious ... it seems to be a curse at this point. At least this time it isn't another country, so progress I guess?

Please make it work and make me believe in love.

Also, being in the same country is total progress.

Peebs just spent an hour telling me what a terrible person I am, and I am going to safely assume that we are no longer together. Apparently, I’m “calculating”. And also I pay attention to other people. 

Young folks today don't know how good they have it, said the old man.

But seriously, a long distance relationship in an age when you can be on videocall with each other for basically however long you want, while it certainly sucks compared to being together in person, is a huge improvement on figuring out if you can afford to be on a landline to your SO for an hour this week. (Which in turn is better than only being able to send a letter every so often, though I do recommend letter writing for the romantics.)

I'm sure it'll work out, Buckwheat. :)

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Peebs just spent an hour telling me what a terrible person I am, and I am going to safely assume that we are no longer together. Apparently, I’m “calculating”. And also I pay attention to other people. 

This sounds like another narrow escape...

10 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I'd wait for the GA Supreme Court Ruling, before making that claim. You know never know what happens on appeal.

16 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Apparently, I’m “calculating”. And also I pay attention to other people. 

This is redundant.  It's obviously being way too calculating when you actually pay attention to other people.

20 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Please make it work and make me believe in love.

Also, being in the same country is total progress.

I will try, cannot promise anything. ;) 

I think your assumption is correct. If he at this point doesn't think you are no longer together, it is probably time for you to make it clear ...

14 minutes ago, mormont said:

Young folks today don't know how good they have it, said the old man.

But seriously, a long distance relationship in an age when you can be on videocall with each other for basically however long you want, while it certainly sucks compared to being together in person, is a huge improvement on figuring out if you can afford to be on a landline to your SO for an hour this week. (Which in turn is better than only being able to send a letter every so often, though I do recommend letter writing for the romantics.)

I'm sure it'll work out, Buckwheat. :)

This sounds like another narrow escape...

You are right. And it is not like the distance in question (about 45-50 minutes by car - if you happen to have one available) even counts as long-distance in this case.

I do hope it works out, thank you. :) 

And yes, letter writing seems like a very beautiful and romantic idea, though I am not sure it is one Donatello would appreciate. I offered to send him a postcard some time ago, and he said he preferred photos of what I saw over a much quicker Internet-based messaging system.