Quarterfinal: Ukraine vs England

Ukraine lineup (3-5-2):

Buschan

Zabarnyi   Kryvstov   Matvienko

Karavaev   Sydorchuk   Sharapenko   Zinchenko   Mykolenko

Yarmolenko   Yaremchuk

Subs: Zubkov, Trubin, Sobol, Tymchuk, Tsyganov, Bezus, Dovbyk, Makarenko, Stepanenko, Bonfim, Sudakov, Pyatov

England lineup (4-2-3-1):

Pickford

Walker   Stones   Maguire   Shaw

Rice   Phillips

Sancho   Mount   Sterling

Kane

Subs: Grealish, Johnstone, Henderson, Calvert-Lewin, Rashford, Bellingham, Foden, Mings, Chilwell, Ramsdale, Coady, Trippier

Now that the third Earl of Mormont's journeys have finally come to an end, with him embracing his Englishness, we can hope for the Ukraine to deliver.

Either way, I think this is probably the most straight forward game of the round. England should win it.

Enjoying seeing Jadon Sancho do Jadon Sancho things.

9 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

England have been pretty comfortable overall but Walker has had a couple of ropey moments at the back.

There were also a couple moments in the middle of the half where the ball was given to Shaw when he had no out-ball and he nearly got in trouble, which was a weird contrast to the rest of the half where while safe and tidy enough, the passing was very very conservative and frequently ignored the perfectly safe but slightly more pressured option for balls to the fullbacks. England not really breaking lines with the passes until the final through-pass, which puts a lot of onus on the dribblers. 

Which is why Grealish should also be playing.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Now that the third Earl of Mormont's journeys have finally come to an end, with him embracing his Englishness, we can hope for the Ukraine to deliver.

Either way, I think this is probably the most straight forward game of the round. England should win it.

Missed the first half for a family thing, but with Kane getting a goal with a Sterling assist, my jinx may be lifting. But my FF team is getting some points!

ETA, oh, and an assist from Shaw!

10 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Enjoying seeing Jadon Sancho do Jadon Sancho things.

He could use more support from Walker though. Walker has had a poor half - ropey defensively and not offering any support whatsoever further up the pitch either.

Archived