I can't be the only one that feels bad for what happened to Renlys Kingsguard after his death.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, Ser Dez of the Fiery Hills said:

Lord Bryce Caron was killed by a fucking one-eyed knight during the later stages of the battle of the blackwater (Come on Bryce...) and with his death lost his ancestral seat of Nightsong and all its lands that come with it .

Guyard Morrigen was killed by Ser Garlan Tyrell in single combat and it makes me wonder did guyard even fight back or was he shocked to see his former King return from the dead and was struck down. And whats crazy is that guyard was young, atleast in his late teens 18-19 or his early twenties and im sure he was hungry for glory, but died in his first battle. 

Parman Crane might spend the rest of his life in a dungeon 

Emmon Cuy got slayed by a homosexual teenager, like did you try fighting back or did you let Loras tyrell slay you? Either way its sad

Robar Royce...Good guy but I wonder if he tried defending himself aswell against Loras, not enough people talk about that. We later find out that Loras Killed both Robar and Emmon but its never stated if they fought back so we automatically assume Loras is a bad ass swordsman 

But yea, i really feel bad for Bryce Caron, idk it  just angers me that his family is basically through and down for the count and his elder brother Ser Rolland most likely will never get the castle seat unless Stannis Baratheon wins. Let me know how y'all think, how did y'all imagine the fight going between Ser Phillip Foote and Lord Bryce Caron.

The decimation of Renly's Kingsguard was IMHO a waste of an opportunity The Kingsguard failed to protect their king , now they must reclaim their honor .

2 hours ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

I don't think so ,  Renly is very charismatic person  , but as a general his skills leaves a lot to be  desired . 

Oh as a general I agree 100 percent. I would not expect (nor want him to) lead his armies into battle. Kings in this world and ours were seldom good Kings and good generals as well. 

Robert was this and, briefly putting his reign aside, put himself at great risk in the battles he participated in. Thus he also put the kingdoms in political danger each time.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:32 AM, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

I don't think so ,  Renly is very charismatic person  , but as a general his skills leaves a lot to be  desired . 

He never commanded a battle.  We have no idea what his skills as a general would ended up being.

10 minutes ago, Minsc said:

He never commanded a battle.  We have no idea what his skills as a general would ended up being.

A lot of people think it was a mistake for Renly not to go straight to King's Landing. Stannis had something like 1,500 men at this point. Just ignore him and focus on the big picture. Also, some of his own bannermen were urging him to just attack Stannis and not do this whole "meeting at dawn" business. These don't definitively prove Renly would be a bad general but it certainly wasn't an auspicious start.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:15 AM, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

The decimation of Renly's Kingsguard was IMHO a waste of an opportunity The Kingsguard failed to protect their king , now they must reclaim their honor .

Are you suggesting something like a ronin storyline? Should we have had a rogue Kingsguard out to avenge the death of their king?

2 minutes ago, Groo said:

A lot of people think it was a mistake for Renly not to go straight to King's Landing. Stannis had something like 1,500 men at this point. Just ignore him and focus on the big picture. Also, some of his own bannermen were urging him to just attack Stannis and not do this whole "meeting at dawn" business. These don't definitively prove Renly would be a bad general but it certainly wasn't an auspicious start.

It makes better strategic sense to knock out a weaker foe, while allowing your stronger foe to continue to bloody themselves against the Starks before moving onto them.

5 minutes ago, Minsc said:

It makes better strategic sense to knock out a weaker foe, while allowing your stronger foe to continue to bloody themselves against the Starks before moving onto them.

Perhaps, but fighting on two different fronts is notoriously difficult. Just ask the Germans about that. I don't see how Tywin was going to fight in the Riverlands and defend King's Landing at the same time. Also, Renly didn't need to defeat the Lannisters in the traditional sense. If he captured King's Landing and killed Cersei and her children then what were the Lannisters going to do? They wouldn't have a claim to the throne any more. Lastly, Stannis hardly qualified as a threat at this point. He had the better claim to the throne but no one was backing him and he wasn't going to take Storm's End with just 1,500 men.

1 minute ago, Groo said:

Perhaps, but fighting on two different fronts is notoriously difficult. Just ask the Germans about that. I don't see how Tywin was going to fight in the Riverlands and defend King's Landing at the same time. Also, Renly didn't need to defeat the Lannisters in the traditional sense. If he captured King's Landing and killed Cersei and her children then what were the Lannisters going to do? They wouldn't have a claim to the throne any more. Lastly, Stannis hardly qualified as a threat at this point. He had the better claim to the throne but no one was backing him and he wasn't going to take Storm's End with just 1,500 men.

Tywin can just pull out of the Riverlands and rush to the defense of King's Landing.  Furthermore, after defeating the Lannisters that would still leave Renly having to face the Stark Rebellion.  Waiting he weakens both the Lannisters and Starks.

Archived