Semifinal: England v Denmark

Just now, Winterfell is Burning said:

Yeah, I wasn't all that invested in who wins, but it's impossible not to hope England gets destroyed after it. Specially because of the hipocrisy: if someone like, say, Luis Suarez did it, it would be a mortal sin.

If Luis Suarez did it, it would be cheating, racism, and cannibalism.

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

You... have seen Italy play right?

And you did hear the English media absolutely excoriate Italy for it, right?

I mean, there was literally a comment about the children watching. But this, well, Lee Dixon literally gave up trying and just said ‘I don’t care’. Which is fine, but don’t complain when the Italians do it, then.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You... have seen Italy play right?

To be fair, they tend to wait til somebody touches them before falling over and rolling about dramatically.

Just now, polishgenius said:

I wasn't complaining that the Italians do it.

Not meaning you personally. English commentators. 

Point is, given that so many English fans get wound up about the Italians or Spaniards or Portuguese or whoever, it’s no different when non-English fans complain about that penalty. 

Quite a well managed extra time in the end. Denmark had really hit the wall.

Looking forward to the final I think Southgate needs to bring Henderson into midfield. They've got by so far with Rice and Phillips in there but Ukraine was the only game they had a real grip of midfield and you can't help feeling it's going to cost them at some point. Henderson's a better player than both Rice and Phillips, if he's fit he should be in the side.

Archived