LØkI - see ya later, LØkIgator (Spoilers)

Kalbear

48 minutes ago, Kaligator said:

He literally knew every single thing Loki and Sylvie were going to do. Everything that happened was set up to get them there. What he said he didn't know is whether or not they'd make that choice to kill him or rule, though I personally think given what he did with Renslayer means that that was garbage; he knew that Sylvie would kill him, and Loki would leave, and he knew that that + Renslayer's decision would lead to Kang taking over the TVA. 

So yeah, them dying on Lamentis would be a massive change to the sacred timeline, because all of that had already been, ya know, done. Over and over again. 

I get that... but also, when Loki was first processed into the TVA in the first episode, they had a stack of papers with everything he ever said... and then he said something else and it printed an amendment.  So in that 4th or 5th dimension where the TVA and HWR exist, there is still more to be written.  So while HWR did have the entire script for their encounter, part of me still sees it as being written as they go.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

I get that... but also, when Loki was first processed into the TVA in the first episode, they had a stack of papers with everything he ever said... and then he said something else and it printed an amendment.  So in that 4th or 5th dimension where the TVA and HWR exist, there is still more to be written.  So while HWR did have the entire script for their encounter, part of me still sees it as being written as they go.

The TVA has it up to that 'moment'. He's a variant, after all, so it's new in that way. Also, that's just how the TVA works - that's not how HWR works at the end of time.  

And there's some wiggle room - not all variations cause a divergence from the timeline. But it was clear that HWR knew pretty much how things were going to go, to a point. 

In the making of Loki doc Tom Hiddleston referred to He Who Remains as a Trickster.  So that makes much more sense why a Loki or two would be appropriate replacements for him in running the TVA.  But thematically, also, HWR as a reflection of Loki's trickster nature (and the typically liminal place they hold in stories) adds an interesting dimension.  The Void is the ultimate liminal place, of course.

One thing I've been thinking about is this whole "sacred timeline" business.  Based on how the timeline is represented and the variants I'm thinking there isn't a single reality/timeline at all, but all of the different timelines are close enough to each other that it makes little difference. They all still end up getting to the same "end", even though they all have minor (or maybe major) differences from the timeline we've been watching for 20 movies and a few TV shows.

I had to laugh at this. I thought I overthought this stuff too much:

In the same moment that Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) becomes the true Scarlet Witch, He Who Remains (Jonathan Majors) says this to the two Loki variants: “We just crossed the threshold.” Both of these events happen at exactly 27:55 in their respective episodes. Seconds later, it happens again. Just as Agatha hits the ground in WandaVision (28:14), He Who Remains drops something on his desk. The synchronicity is so precise, it’s hard to imagine that it was a coincidence.

Is it, though? Do people still think Pink Floyd intentionally synced Dark Side of the Moon to The Wizard of Oz? 

Archived