Lee Horsley as Ed

Gene Jones as Dave 'Sweet Dave'

Keith Jefferson as Charly

Craig Stark as Chester Charles Smithers

Belinda Owino as Gemma

Channing Tatum as Jody Domergue

Emboldened IMO 

Underlined are possible 

I'd list Bob and take off Jody, because he spends most of the movie hidden and if you have the rest of his henchmen on the list you should have bob. I think the title refers to the people initially stuck there, minus poor O.B. who never hurt nobody. 

When I was reading the script after it leaked I pictured Jim Beaver from Deadwood as O.B. and still do when I'm not watching the movie. Instead they cast the guy Bullock hangs in the opening of the first episode.

Hey has anyone read his novelization of Once Upon a Time In Hollywood? Supposedly he actually wrote it himself rather than employ a ghost writer. 

I don't think there's any question who the Hateful Eight are - the first 8 listed.  They're also the first 8 listed in the opening credits with Parks, Tatum, etc. then receiving "co-starring" credits.  O.B. is, like, the butler, and Jody is in the basement almost the entire movie.  And we all know how Tarantino feels about basements...

35 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Hey has anyone read his novelization of Once Upon a Time In Hollywood? Supposedly he actually wrote it himself rather than employ a ghost writer. 

I haven't but I saw him on Maher a couple weeks ago, ostensibly to promote it.  They didn't talk about it much but he did say he made the publisher print it in paperback so it could be like the old-school novelizations of movies he grew up with in the 70s.

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

I see that as the proof that Tarantino has finally crawled all the way up his own ass.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:34 PM, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Plus #3 QT's moral compass exists. S r No? 

Don't bother. He's a moral nihilist 

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-hateful-eight-2015

It's hard to shake the suspicion that, deep down, he believes in nothing but sensation, and that he's spent the last decade or so stridently identifying with oppressed groups so that he can get a gold star for making the kinds of films he'd be making anyway.

In the end, "The Hateful Eight" is less reminiscent of any single Western than of a certain episode of "Seinfeld"—the one where Bryan Cranston plays a gentile dentist who makes Jewish jokes but insists it's OK because he's converted. "I have a suspicion," Seinfeld says, "that he's converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:53 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Saw this on Twitter and thought it might be fun to drop into this thread...

2,400 likes on a bad take is what one expects from Twitter. There's pretty much no overlap between Romeo + Juliet and anything Tarantino ever made except maybe for Tim Roth's shirt in Pulp Fiction which would probably fit in with the styling of the Montagues.

I love the film, but it really has nothing to do with Tarantino.,

1 hour ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

DID MR PINK SURVIVE!? 

I think so. He was shot by the police as he tried to get away, but we know that in part because we can hear him yell that he's been shot. While, yes, one could do that if mortally wounded, I'd put it at better than even odds that he was arrested and ended up doing time. A lot of time, in fact, given he'd probably be held culpable for the murder of the police officers killed in the course of the robbery and its aftermath.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

think so. He was shot by the police as he tried to get away, but we know that in part because we can hear him yell that he's been shot. While, yes, one could do that if mortally wounded, I'd put it at better than even odds that he was arrested and ended up doing time. A lot of time, in fact, given he'd probably be held culpable for the murder of the police officers killed in the course of the robbery and its aftermath

Thanks, that's what I surmised. Orange and White are goners for sure 

Wish QT will reintroduce Buscemi as Pink with true identity in his last, hopefully, magnum opus. 

World building 

8 hours ago, Ran said:

2,400 likes on a bad take is what one expects from Twitter. There's pretty much no overlap between Romeo + Juliet and anything Tarantino ever made except maybe for Tim Roth's shirt in Pulp Fiction which would probably fit in with the styling of the Montagues.

I love the film, but it really has nothing to do with Tarantino.,

I feel like you're just dismissing the intended sarcasm out of hand here though... :P

51 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I feel like you're just dismissing the intended sarcasm out of hand here though... :P

It's possible, but I'm not sure what the sarcasm is or how it relates to the tweet that was being responded to.

I've always viewed Reservoir Dogs as everyone dies, including Buscemi.  I do get a kick out of his theory that Mr. Pink is now laying low as the Buddy Holly waiter in Pulp Fiction though.

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

I've always viewed Reservoir Dogs as everyone dies, including Buscemi.  I do get a kick out of his theory that Mr. Pink is now laying low as the Buddy Holly waiter in Pulp Fiction though.

Making most of his living off tips, no doubt. 

18 minutes ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Did QT say that he didn't believe that Martin Scorcese intended...

Respectfully, who gives a fuck. 

If Scorcese wanted to explain his intentions, I'm all ears. If his collaborators want to share there thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

How the fuck does Tarantino figure he factors into this conversation? 

I forget that they actually named Jack Nicholson's character Frank Costello.  Suppose that coulda been Monahan instead of Scorsese though.  Either way, that was a little on the nose, and can be confusing.  But as far at what Tarantino thinks about it, yeah I don't really care too much.