Just Tarantino Things

TheLastWolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
44 minutes ago, DMC said:

That’s not what the article above suggested.

Tarantino had been honing The Movie Criticfor months. Set in 1977 California, it initially drew inspiration from a cynical movie critic that the filmmaker grew up reading. But sources say it morphed along the way into a film that would feature Brad Pitt as Cliff Booth, the stuntman he portrayed in an Oscar-winning performance in Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It is unclear if this film was going to be a prequel or a 1970s-set sequel to Hollywood. But in recent weeks, Tarantino had a change of heart again and moved away from the film entirely.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/quentin-tarantino-no-longer-making-the-movie-critic-1235876453/

Yeah I heard those rumors too, I just didn’t buy it.  And notably, it doesn’t seem Deadline does either.  The article above links to their February article reporting Pitt’s casting that states:

Unclear if Pitt will play the title character, but I think he is.

It just didn’t make sense to me.  For all Tarentino’s talk about sequels/revisiting old characters, he’s never really actually done it unless you count the Kill Bills.  Plus don’t really see much more to mine with the Cliff Booth character.