House Selmy

Daenerys Should Sack Volantis, or require its Triarchs to do her Homage and bend the knee.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:46 PM, Hrulj said:

They can be descended for beggars for all it matters, they preserved the Valyrian blood purity where others have all failed.

The fact that they rejected Rhegar, Aerys etc shows their genius. Why tie yourself to madmen who aren't even Valyrian.

Conquered and failed. Life is about improving living standards, not conquests. Old bloods have saved more lives than Targaryens ever ruled by not pushing for wars in Essos. 

I agree and disagree

I always questioned there decision to spur Rhegars offer. If the mad king wasn't mad, that would have been a successful alliance with a powerful Valyrian house. Your telling me among the many houses behind the black walls, there wasn't a single house willing to part ways with a daughter that . could one day be the queen of a vast, powerful, fertile realm? But in the end I guess the old blood was right. 

As for your claim on there saving countless lives, I remind you of the century of blood, where the old blood largely making up the tiger faction of Volintne politics that started the wars that left Volantis 'depopulated and broke'. There hunger to be Valyria's natural successor beggared that city and indirectly led to Agons decision to conquer the 7 kingdoms. Simply put the old blood is respected for what they are, not for anything they have done. 

I understand Denies conquest of the salver cities has lead to chaos and short term suffering due to destabilization, but for the salves she freed and the unborn million who wont be slaves, her choices mean the world to them, and it will be the same for the millions of slaves in Volantis.  

On 9/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hrulj said:

Hardly. Show also confirmed Aegon doesn't exist, the Sand Snakes murder Doran, Bron becomes the most important lord of Westeros, Jorah gets greyscale, not Jon Con, some Miranda is lover of Ramsay, Roose gets killed by Ramsay and his wife and baby fed to the dogs, Jon refuses legitimizations, engaging in wars south etc forever then suddenly goes all in on that entire thing once he gets killed just so he can needlesly kneel to Daenarys, Drogon burns the Iron throne as root of all evil rather than Jon who murdered his mom, the Dothraki are massacred by White Walkers but also regenerate like "The Thing" and respawn with full HP afterwards while Unsullied decide to commit a mass suicide by going to Nath to die of butterfly disease. Shows idiotic, R+L=J is a theory that if true would demean and ruin the books unless it was a product of rape. 

The showrunners haven't said that they won the rights to the show by correctly guessing any of those things (which Martin has confirmed) or explicitly said "yes" when asked if it's the same in the books, as they have regarding the identity of Jon's mother (technically speaking the question GRRM asked didn't cover Jon's father, but every theory involving Lyanna being Jon's mother and anyone besides Rhaegar being the father is baseless tinfoil).

There's also this quote from Martin, which makes perfect sense if the answer is R + L = J and doesn't make any sense it's something else.

“The internet affects all this to a degree it was never affected before,” Martin said. “Like Jon Snow’s parentage. There were early hints about [who Snow’s parents were] in the books, but only one reader in 100 put it together. And before the internet that was fine — for 99 readers out of 100 when Jon Snow’s parentage gets revealed it would be, ‘Oh, that’s a great twist!’ But in the age of the internet, even if only one person in 100 figures it out then that one person posts it online and the other 99 people read it and go, ‘Oh, that makes sense.’ Suddenly the twist you’re building towards is out there.”

On 9/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hrulj said:

R+L=J is a theory that if true would demean and ruin the books unless it was a product of rape. 

How exactly does it ruin the books?