Football: A Tale of Two Finals

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I am inclined to believe that you are giving Hysaj too much credit. I also think, that he knew what his new fans are, when he signed there. However, I don't think he spent too much thought on the song and its story. If he wanted to make a political statement, he wouldn't have signed there and published a message about not wanting to play for racists and fascists instead.

Yeah, I see your reason. You are probably right.

Undoubtedly. Italian football is full of those. But Lazio is just the biggest and ugliest pile of shit club.

I remember Di Canio and his behaviour as the most confirming of Lazio's standing point. I think the club's mild sanctions towards him proved that they don't think much different than their supporters. 

We've suddenly been heavily linked with Ruben Neves because apparently Bruno is encouraging it, which I don't know if it's credible but I hope is true. Quite a lot of our fans, however, are flipping out, and I'm confused as to why. He offers exactly what we need- a sitting midfielder who can also progress the ball. He's Carrick-like but more physically capable and defensively rounded. Excellent player, though prone to some lapses of concentration that he can hopefully eradicate if he joins us as the experience comes in.  

But how will Scott McTominay feel if they go for Neves rather than his suggestion, John McGinn!?!

I'm not sure United's new DoF will be all that keen to delegate his responsibilities to the players.

The reason your fans are having a meltdown is most of the noisiest online ones are probably about 12, and Neves isn't as fashionable as he was a couple of years ago. (To clarify: I don't just mean United fans, Liverpool fans are just as bad for this kind of thing.) I don't think he scored a banger at all last season, so he's rubbish now.

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

We've suddenly been heavily linked with Ruben Neves because apparently Bruno is encouraging it, which I don't know if it's credible but I hope is true. Quite a lot of our fans, however, are flipping out, and I'm confused as to why. He offers exactly what we need- a sitting midfielder who can also progress the ball. He's Carrick-like but more physically capable and defensively rounded. Excellent player, though prone to some lapses of concentration that he can hopefully eradicate if he joins us as the experience comes in.  

It's definitely not credible. I wouldn't mind Neves but nobody credible has said anything. Those rumours seem to have originated from Talksport which is about as credible as saying "according to The Sun". 

So Stuttgart seems to be the Bundesliga team, where clubs decide to poach younger players.

Kobel (GK) was signed by Dortmund. 15m €

Nicolas Gonzalez went to Fiorentina for 23m €

Austrian forward Sasa Kalajdzic, who's come off a really good season, and also played a good enough Euros has apparently caught the eye of Chelsea and Milan. He still has two years left on his contract and Stuttgart. Stuttgart do not necessarily have to sell after the departures of Gonzalez and Kobel. However the rumored valuation of Kalajdzic is something in the region 25-30m €. Part of me feels obliged to remark, that if you can sign Kalajdzic for 30m then being offered Abraham for 40m just looks ridiculous.

No sane City player would want to go to Spurs. Any outlet peddling those rumours is not worth anyone's time.

I imagine Kane does have a price, but City have shown in the past that they have limits as to how much they'll spend on an individual player, and what Spurs will want is probably way beyond City's valuation.

59 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

No sane City player would want to go to Spurs. Any outlet peddling those rumours is not worth anyone's time.

I imagine Kane does have a price, but City have shown in the past that they have limits as to how much they'll spend on an individual player, and what Spurs will want is probably way beyond City's valuation.

I go back to my previous, why would you spend the same on Kane as you could get Haaland for? He isnt as as good and he is much older. 

Kane would be a good player for City’s system as he comes back into midfield and plays further forward. It’s something they are kind of missing right now.

But there are a ton of reasons not to buy him. He’s heading towards his peak, he’s injury prone, he’s stupidly expensive with little sell on value, and say it quietly but sometimes he’s not very good.

Of course there will be stories like this but I don’t tend to believe them 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

I go back to my previous, why would you spend the same on Kane as you could get Haaland for? He isnt as as good and he is much older. 

I think Kane is better at the moment in that he's just as good in front of goal but has a much better all round game, but yeah, Haaland has time on his side.

The problem with Haaland is that he wouldn't cost the same - you'd probably need to add another £60m+ in agent fees, and then you'd also have him itching for another move in 2-3 years.

No sign of Kane in Spur's new shirt promotional material. Could be nothing more than a late return from the Euros, but according to my Spursey mate, that has never happened before. He reckons if Kane was staying they would have delayed the photoshoot by a week or two.

56 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

No sign of Kane in Spur's new shirt promotional material. Could be nothing more than a late return from the Euros, but according to my Spursey mate, that has never happened before. He reckons if Kane was staying they would have delayed the photoshoot by a week or two.

Never in the history of football has a player appearing/not appearing in the new shirt promo meant anything.

The Sun story is reportedly, ahem, well sourced, but it runs into the basic problem that has existed from the start of this whole thing: Spurs don't have to sell, even at £160m. They're not hurting for cash and Kane has three years left on his current terms. Leaking the possible price doesn't help - neither Spurs nor Man City are likely to be happy with that, or with the impression that the player/his agent are trying to bounce them into a deal.

Archived