The others

Stannis_1the king

15 hours ago, Stannis_1the king said:

Maybe this theory is strange and funny as well. Do you remember what happened to the women from the White Walkers that the 13th lord commander of the Night's Watch, the Night King loved her.

She's maybe a daughter of the Great other who wants to revenge for her.

Then why is it happening now, and not when she was killed? Also I've heard this before ...

17 hours ago, Stannis_1the king said:

Maybe this theory is strange and funny as well. Do you remember what happened to the women from the White Walkers that the 13th lord commander of the Night's Watch, the Night King loved her.

I think they had a son who was rescued before his sacrifice. Then that son would inherit the lands and titles of his father, perhaps becoming lord of Winterfell, or maybe the Dreadfort.

Then this half-human half-Other/wight creature would find that he was able to father children on human women, then skin them (aka, flaying) and wear their skins in a perfect likeness to become lord for another generation.

We might be able to identify this creature by his unusual characteristics:

His eyes are milky white, yet he has no vision problems that are always associated with this defect. And he is able to distinguish between his true offspring from the false by the color of their eyes.

He will be almost completely hairless, with cold, clammy skin. He will also need to leech himself regularly to prevent the black blood from pooling in his extremities like it does with the undead.

He will have an almost hypnotic quality to his voice, silencing even great loudmouths like the Greatjon with barely a whisper. 

He will treat other men like it's all a game. The lives of men are no more significant to him than the lives of mice are to us.

He will not give a fig that his psycho bastard son kills the man posing as his real son because the legitimate son is not of his body and therefore cannot changed into. Then he will work to legitimize the bastard and raise him to a lordship just in time to be killed and replaced. Not that this creature has not served as Lord of Winterfell before, and even been given the nickname "Ice Eyes."

And we, the gentle reader, will probably be shown the signs that this change has been made when the father lord dies and the bastard lord suddenly calms down, starts speaking in whisper and begins leeching himself.

5 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I think they had a son who was rescued before his sacrifice. Then that son would inherit the lands and titles of his father, perhaps becoming lord of Winterfell, or maybe the Dreadfort.

Then this half-human half-Other/wight creature would find that he was able to father children on human women, then skin them (aka, flaying) and wear their skins in a perfect likeness to become lord for another generation.

We might be able to identify this creature by his unusual characteristics:

His eyes are milky white, yet he has no vision problems that are always associated with this defect. And he is able to distinguish between his true offspring from the false by the color of their eyes.

He will be almost completely hairless, with cold, clammy skin. He will also need to leech himself regularly to prevent the black blood from pooling in his extremities like it does with the undead.

He will have an almost hypnotic quality to his voice, silencing even great loudmouths like the Greatjon with barely a whisper. 

He will treat other men like it's all a game. The lives of men are no more significant to him than the lives of mice are to us.

He will not give a fig that his psycho bastard son kills the man posing as his real son because the legitimate son is not of his body and therefore cannot changed into. Then he will work to legitimize the bastard and raise him to a lordship just in time to be killed and replaced. Not that this creature has not served as Lord of Winterfell before, and even been given the nickname "Ice Eyes."

And we, the gentle reader, will probably be shown the signs that this change has been made when the father lord dies and the bastard lord suddenly calms down, starts speaking in whisper and begins leeching himself.

Bolt-on would require that Ramsay is Roose's bastard, which I doubt, based on how they are described.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, Stannis_1the king said:

People have proposed that the others are a hive minded. They would have to have a leader. The Nights Queen was that leader. She found a male Stark to have children with. The Starks are special to the others. Maybe they share genes and therefore are compatible.  

I think the "he gave her his seed" line literally means the Night's King fathered at least one child on his Corpse Queen (not debating here who she was).

As for the Boltons being descendants of this line: Aren't we supposed to believe the Others aren't naturally and generally born pure evil? (Yknow, the whole "War won't save the World" debate, the fact that humans were able to REPRODUCE with these "creatures", etc...) Wasn't Domeric Bolton a nice lad? Is it confirmed that every Bolton ever living was evil or at least villainious like Roose? This just doesn't feel right for various reasons. 

1. The Starks have Bolton descendancy, even if it is not trough a direct Bolton-Stark marriage. For the sake of proving this: It is mathematically impossible for a Westerosi to not be a descendant of a person living 1000 years ago, whose line didn't die out entirely (meaning that person has no descendants, be it trough any kind of line).

2. What's it now? Is there some kind of ritual that makes the Lord of the Dreadfort a specific type of person? Why? How? How noone ever noticed such a thing? 

3. Yea, I know these scumbag Boltons are famous for being unnaturally evil, but come on, noone should believe all of them was like that. The same goes for everyone. Bran acknowledges how some of his ancestors were monsters, others were great persons, but still all of them were Starks..

(I think the NK was a good guy and a Stark as well, but even if not, it doesn't have to change anything.)

13 hours ago, Wunjō said:

But no one calls ramsays eyes strikingly pale, just grey or pale.

Theon does:

He had his father's eyes -- small, close-set, queerly pale. Ghost grey, some men called the shade, but in truth his eyes were all but colorless, like two chips of dirty ice.

And Roose as well:

A year later this same wench had the impudence to turn up at the Dreadfort with a squalling, red-faced monster that she claimed was my own get. I should have had the mother whipped and thrown her child down a well . . . but he did have my eyes. She told me that when her dead husband's brother saw those eyes, he beat her bloody and drove her from the mill.

It's the eyes that are the key. Nobody has eyes like that. No human, or animal for that matter, could have eyes like that and still be able to see.

3 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Theon does:

And Roose as well:

It's the eyes that are the key. Nobody has eyes like that. No human, or animal for that matter, could have eyes like that and still be able to see.

Sorry bout that, you right

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

It's the eyes that are the key. Nobody has eyes like that. No human, or animal for that matter, could have eyes like that and still be able to see

I think the eyes are really just a light shade of grey, not like the eyes of a blind man.

19 hours ago, The Hoare said:

I think the eyes are really just a light shade of grey, not like the eyes of a blind man.

Ramsey's are a shade darker than Roose's. But Roose's have been described as chips of ice, morning mist, the color of milk, colorless. Some may call it Ghost Grey, but this is white, milky white, so unnatural that people are creeped out by it. People, and animals, with milky white eyes are always either totally blind or have extreme vision problems, especially in the light of day.

I'm telling you, Roose is not (entirely) human.

7 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Ramsey's are a shade darker than Roose's. But Roose's have been described as chips of ice, morning mist, the color of milk, colorless. Some may call it Ghost Grey, but this is white, milky white, so unnatural that people are creeped out by it. People, and animals, with milky white eyes are always either totally blind or have extreme vision problems, especially in the light of day.

I'm telling you, Roose is not (entirely) human.

They're described as chips of dirty ice, not merely ice. Nowhere it is described that he has milk white eyes

16 hours ago, The Hoare said:

They're described as chips of dirty ice, not merely ice. Nowhere it is described that he has milk white eyes

Dirty ice is the white kind of ice with air bubbles trapped inside, not the clear see-through kind.

"As pale as morning mist", which is white.

"Two white moons"

"A shade darker than milk"; that is, about as milky white as you can get without being pure milk white.

The definition of pale is without color, almost white, and is usually a sign of sickness or fright.

The man is not completely human, and Ramsay's eyes are only slightly darker but still pale enough to resemble Roose's eyes and no one else's.

Archived