MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

Tonight’s Sox-Yanks games postponed due to some COVID-19 outbreak, not sure which team, but Buster Olney is reporting that at least one of the players affected has been fully vaxxed. Should be noted too that both teams are at or above the 85% threshold for vaccination levels from MLB.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So Judge is now a confirmed positive case. Doesn't everyone he interacted with at the all-star game now have to be quarantined? 

It depends on the protocols being adhered to. I know at our workplace they started out with those measures and the contact tracing. And then at some point the standards slipped imo. When the cases slipped to zero for an extended period they decreed that if you had contact with someone you could continue coming in as long as you had temperature checked daily at the Safety office.

I'm expecting the standards to revert back to stricter protocols as soon as more cases start happening.

My boss is rumored to be on vacation this week, but there was whispering early in the week where someone said he was home with no smell or no taste.

I myself was on vacation the week previous, so I've no contact with him for a few weeks, but the rest of the team should be required to be doing the temp checks at a minimum if not full quarantining imo.

Nothing is happening with any of them and many of them are unvaxxed.

The good thing I guess is that most of the major sports league are very agressive with their testing and will catch any cases quickly. Could they be more strict on quarantining, my guess it's like other places (including our workplace), they are NOT erring on the side of caution to the extent they should be.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm expecting the standards to revert back to stricter protocols as soon as more cases start happening.

And I don't expect people to follow them. It was hard enough to get masks on people the first time. It will be even harder to convince them to put them back on after telling people they're all good if they're vaccinated. 

The Cards Cubs season series is generally my favorite sports anything.  Weird season here, as I went from watching nearly every inning of the Cards' first month, to now guffawing with laughter that they blew a 5 run lead in the ninth (on Reyes, who had converted 23 of 23 save attempts prior.  Fuck.) We were easily winning when I left work, I didn't even read the recap until late. Of course it was against the damn Cubs! Jaxom must be happy about that rebound after Mondays debacle.

I just don't like this team - though I somehow like a bunch of the guys individually. Literally every batter has underperformed their projections so far. Blech. Injuries have been at the very worst of times. And as much as I laughed when the Cubs blew three infield errors in one inning yesterday, I hate that both teams are going backward while the, eww, gross, Brewers and Reds are improving. 

Sure hope the NL Central garbage bin gets exciting somehow come September,  but I doubt it. The West is too strong 

Cleveland Guardians seems totally fine.  It's a little bland, but whatever, lots of teams names are bland when they start out.  Hopefully they can be a bit better at winning the world series than the Indians were. 

I would've went with Cleveland Rockers, capitalized off the whole home of R&R HoF city kinda thing.

Guardian, that just makes me think of an orphanage or something legalist and bleak, especially with the whole Britney headlines currently, lols.

Archived