MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

21 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Oh and also, Jacoby Ellsbury GOT PAID.

Well, no, he didn't, at least last time I checked.  I haven't heard anything since then, maybe you have?

But you're right, that's not the point.  The point is very simple and the fact you can't grasp it is indeed frustrating.  Here goes, for the last time - 

The Los Angeles Dodgers have Trevor Bauer under contract.  They have the capability of releasing him, or cutting all ties from him --- EVEN IF (and I know this is the hard part) they still have to pay his contract.  They have not done so, even though they can.  That is my problem.

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, no, he didn't, at least last time I checked.  I haven't heard anything since then, maybe you have?

Yes, he did

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

The Los Angeles Dodgers have Trevor Bauer under contract.  They have the capability of releasing him, or cutting all ties from him --- EVEN IF (and I know this is the hard part) they still have to pay his contract.  They have not done so, even though they can.  That is my problem.

Fuck, how many times do I have to explain this? A question was asked about whether or not the Dodgers could void Bauer’s contract using a morality clause. That is the question I was answering. Of course they can cut him, and you obviously think they should cut him, but that wasn’t the question being asked, and it wasn’t the question I was answering. I was making no value judgment on whether or not they should cut him; I was just answering the question that was asked. How much clearer can I possibly be about this? But you know what, I think you actually understand this already. Thing is, you came in here waving your dick around, looking for you holier-than-thou moment, and now you can’t back down no matter how obtuse it makes you look. So, you know, go ahead and fuck off.

22 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Yes, he did

Wow.  Your misunderstanding of the situation is hilarious.  You cited the same blog I did but didn't realize it was a month beforehand.  Here's another one.  Like, seriously, do you even read things at all?

34 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

How much clearer can I possibly be about this? But you know what, I think you actually understand this already. Thing is, you came in here waving your dick around, looking for you holier-than-thou moment, and now you can’t back down no matter how obtuse it makes you look. So, you know, go ahead and fuck off.

Ah, I'm the one that can't let this go?  Pretty sure this is at least the third time I've said I don't give a shit about this argument and you keep on pressing, for no apparent reason but for your own dick measuring.  Seriously dude, look in the fucking mirror.  You've been attacking me this entire fucking time for what?  Because I said "let's not pretend that's a thing."  I have no idea why you got all pissy about such an innocuous statement, that's your own thing, but I'm not gonna pretend you are vastly overreacting for no fucking reason than...I honestly don't know.  But I reserve the right to defend myself from your fucking horseshit. 

33 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Wtf who is this dude Tyler Gilbert, throwing a No No in his first freakn MLB game.

Crazy.

Would have been nice if the D-backs had shown this kind of life against the Giants.

Gotta say, checking out the standings, I'm very much missing a certain poster with the Giants STILL kicking the shit out of the Dodgers.  And I know my grandpa, who raised his kids in Hayward, would too.  With Bryant - and Longoria back, go fucking Giants!

Why can't the Twins ever beat the Yankees?

I know Minnie isn't top of the Power Rankings this year. But we just finished a run where we took series from the division-leading White Sox, and division-leading Astros, and the division-leading Rays.

Then the Yankees show up and it's an effing clownshow.

This has been true for the last twenty years. The Twins aren't always a garbage team and yet, every time they face the Yanks, it's like they turn into a Class AA squad.

@DMC,

I think you'll like this stat. Since 2002, so basically for over half my life as I was in 8th grade at the time, the Twins are over .500  against every team not named the Yankees. but they're 37-101 against the Yanks, including 2-15 in the playoffs. 

Yeah the Yanks' dominance of the Twins over the past 20 years is pretty fluky.  Not sure this past weekend was though - the Yanks are on fire and the Twins are a pretty damn big disappointment this year.

51 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah the Yanks' dominance of the Twins over the past 20 years is pretty fluky.  Not sure this past weekend was though - the Yanks are on fire and the Twins are a pretty damn big disappointment this year.

Yah the Yanks have been pretty damn hot since acquiring a bunch of new players. That's true. And the Twin wins weren't exactly crushing opposition.

Just. So much sigh for this just being the case for my entire adult life.

At least I was old enough for '91.

So the feds are prosecuting a former Angels’ employee on drug distribution charges. Guy was selling a ton of opioids right out of the clubhouse. Tyler Skaggs, who OD’d on opioids, was apparently working as a “middleman” for this guy. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, Myshkin said:

Tyler Skaggs, who OD’d on opioids, was apparently working as a “middleman” for this guy. 

His family, while understandably greived, neglected to share that version of the story when they so publicly went after the Angels team.

Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Archived