MLB 2021: The Shohei Must Go On*

kairparavel

Buster Posey retiring? Feels like he's only been in the league for about 5 years...but I said much the same about Freddie Freeman last night when they talked about him being on the Braves for twelve years.

That 2009-2011 group of players that came up around then was insane.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Buster Posey retiring? Feels like he's only been in the league for about 5 years...but I said much the same about Freddie Freeman last night when they talked about him being on the Braves for twelve years.

That 2009-2011 group of players that came up around then was insane.

Hey, what’s that little shieldy thingy above your profile pic? How come I don’t got one? You think you’re better than me?!

15 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Hey, what’s that little shieldy thingy above your profile pic? How come I don’t got one? You think you’re better than me?!

Of course moderators are better than you and me.

10 hours ago, DMC said:

Of course moderators are better than you and me.

Ah, so the shield thing lets us quickly and easily identify narcs. Everyone clam up!

(I jest. I love our board overlords, even if they routinely fail to ban the people I tell them to ban)

Looks like maybe the Tigers are gonna make some noise this off season. Signed a good def catcher, decent starting pitcher, he is not great but solid for a young staff. Now if the rumors come true and they sign SS Correa from the Astros then could be a really good off season.

Robbie Ray wins AL Cy Young.

Also, Verlander re-signs with Astros for 1yr/$25mm with a player option for a second yr at $25mm (essentially 2yrs/$50mm with an opt out).

ETA: Corbin Burns wins NL Cy Young

Read yesterday that Twins and Buxton are miles apart on an extension. He's an injury heap but so very talented that I expect we'll get plenty of suitors. We'll get some 2nd/3rd tier prospects who never quite manage to get it all together and remain mired in AAA or platooning and he'll light it up for... let's say Seattle.

Yay Twins.

13 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Read yesterday that Twins and Buxton are miles apart on an extension. He's an injury heap but so very talented that I expect we'll get plenty of suitors. We'll get some 2nd/3rd tier prospects who never quite manage to get it all together and remain mired in AAA or platooning and he'll light it up for... let's say Seattle.

Yay Twins.

They can't pay him anything close to what he wants. He's been in the league seven years and only played more than 100 games once, with his two healthiest seasons being the first two full seasons he played. If you exclude his first season (can't recall when he was called up) he's averaging under 75 games played per season and it's trending the wrong way. Furthermore, even when he is healthy he's incredibly streaky. He's talented, but not worth it and I'm not sure how big of a market there is for him at the rumored numbers he may want.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Don’t do it, Mad Max. Queens is a black hole of sadness.

Rumor is they’re offering 3, possibly 4, years at $40mm aav. That’s some wild money right there, almost enough to make one consider playing for the Mets.

25 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

What’s he saying? I don’t have twitter and couldn’t find anything.

First he accused the Mets of being racist for prioritizing Scherzer/Ray over him, then he liked a tweet in which someone called a Mets beat writes a [derogatory term for an Italian], then when another writer called him out on it he angrily claimed the accompanying screenshot was photoshopped despite the fact that pretty much everyone on Twitter had already been to his feed and seen it for themselves.

Archived